“My Little Pony: A New Generation” Talkback (Spoilers)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My Little Pony: A New Generation is now on Netflix. Use this thread to talk about it.
Equestria's divided. But a bright-eyed hero believes Earth Ponies, Pegasi and Unicorns should be pals — and, hoof to heart, she’s determined to prove it.​

JMTV Studios

Generation 5 of My Little Pony is finally here! I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by it. Even Pinkie Pie was surprised by it.
Capture552.PNG

The animation was gorgeous, the songs were very catchy and upbeat, the characters are likable and fun, the humor was spot-on, and the plot was charming and engaging.

Not going to get into spoiler territory for those who had not seen the movie, but I just want to let know that, it's a very solid start to G5.

Although, there are a couple of issues I had with it, but everything else was decent. The G5 movie did a really good job of presenting brand new ponies for a new generation.

I'll give it a 7.9 or 8 out of 10 stars. It's a cute and enjoyable film! I highly recommended of checking it out.

zoombie

So what is G4 in this universe? Is this centuries later or the mane 6 fictional characters in this universe? I guess we will never know.

glennbyrnes

If the three tribes of ponies became enemies, why didn't the windegos return and freeze everything?

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
So what is G4 in this universe? Is this centuries later or the mane 6 fictional characters in this universe? I guess we will never know.
Yeah, no offense to G4 or its' fans, but I don't know how this MLP relates to the Mane 6, nor do I much care. This isn't G4, nor is it about the Mane 6. This is a new movie/show, with a new continuity and new characters. I'd rather see the G5 Ponies have their moment and build up a fanbase for themselves; this version is already going to be compared to the G4 show enough without the producers actually having to try and crowbar the Mane 6 in there somewhere.

I enjoyed the Mane 6 and G4, but their story has been told. I say let the Mane 5 and G5 earn their time in the limelight so they can properly gain a following of their own.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

I haven't seen the movie yet, but wasn't it mentioned in an interview that this takes place in a distant future, like way, way, say after the events of Friendship Is Magic? I heard of some spoilers for the movie, like the fact that the opening features the Mane 6, with the quartet of Tara Strong, Ashleigh Ball, Andrea Libman, and Tabitha St. Germain reprising their roles. Plus, this movie is co-written by Gillian M Berrow (who wrote the Friendship Is Magic graphic novels before she joined main series).

Edit: I found the interview. It's still a new cast, but set in the world of the previous series. It's like a Legend Of Korra in focusing on new characters many years later, but still set in the same world.

Screenshot_20210925-095941.png

Last edited:

zoombie

If that is the case, the radical time skip may have been too much time to pass for this, though I would love to have seen a really elderly Flury Heart make a cameo.

glennbyrnes

Poor Queen Haven. They didn't arrest the Wizard of Oz when he was exposed as a fake. Why was she?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 24th anniversary to Bear In The Big Blue House.

It looks like Drake and Josh revival has been cancelled. Im not surprised at all.
I hope there is a Traditional Animated Shows that switched to Flash thread.
Streaker Prower wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
Hey LinusFan303, What did you just said about Kickoff to Christmas on "Freeform (Formerly ABC Family)" Network Thread! I know that Kickoff To Christmas will happen this year, I just wait for the Schedule to happen.
Happy 52nd birthday to Vanessa Marshall.

Featured Posts