"Tiny Toons Looniversity" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Apparently, Charlie Adler is not going to reprise his role as Buster Bunny.

Now I'm kind of worried about Tress MacNeil as Babs...I don't know if they're trying to go for a revival, like with Animaniacs, or a full-on reboot, but I feel like most fans would be expecting the characters to sound like themselves as much as possible :ack:.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Frontier said:
Now I'm kind of worried about Tress MacNeil as Babs...I don't know if they're trying to go for a revival, like with Animaniacs, or a full-on reboot, but I feel like most fans would be expecting the characters to sound like themselves as much as possible :ack:.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Mandouga

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Eh I'd argue that's kind of a standard process for like ANY animated show since the mid 2010's. Like I can't think of a series espeically one based on something else that only came with ONE season attached. Typically it's two and it's the third season that's earned if the first or second do well. I mean Animaniacs 2020 had a 2 season order and the first season apparently did gangbusters for Hulu so why not have that for this rebrand?

Jonwo

Eh I'd argue that's kind of a standard process for like ANY animated show since the mid 2010's. Like I can't think of a series espeically one based on something else that only came with ONE season attached. Typically it's two and it's the third season that's earned if the first or second do well. I mean Animaniacs 2020 had a 2 season order and the first season apparently did gangbusters for Hulu so why not have that for this rebrand?
The 2011 Thundercats only lasted 1 season but I think that was due to the merchandise not selling and I think Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs only got the 1 season as well.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
The 2011 Thundercats only lasted 1 season but I think that was due to the merchandise not selling and I think Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs only got the 1 season as well.

Well again talking about mid 2010's since like 2015 that seems to be the common practice as yeah there were still a couple in the early 2010's (such as Planet Sheen and Monsters vs Aliens) that only had one season but ever since streaming shows became a thing very few if any animated shows got only one season. Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs is an outlier and it actually WAS going to get two seasons but one of the episodes got leaked before the show was set to premiere and it tested so poorly they canned a second season before it could be put in production but even that show WAS going to have 2 seasons so yeah still say two seasons now seems the base minimum for a cartoon. For good and for bad.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts