“Tiny Toons Looniversity” News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

CNC

Some new information just came out.
  • Voice recording has reportedly started, about 2-3 episodes in
  • Jeff Bergman will reprise his role as Bugs Bunny like in the original.
  • "Bugs Bunny seems like the Dumbledore, sort of the wise professor."
  • will debut "sometime in the latter part of 2022" (aka, somewhere in the 2nd half)
  • Erin Gibson is the showrunner and executive producer; Nate Cash is co-executive producer
  • "Despite the fact that Tiny Toon Adventures left the airwaves close to three decades ago, Bergman promised that Looniversity will make it as though no time has passed at all."
  • Almost looks like it'll be picked up from the original. "it’s just like everybody’s back to school."
  • No news about who’s going to take over Plucky and Hamton's roles since both of their respective voice actors have since passed away. I preduct Bauza will voice Plucky and Billy West voicing Hamton since he voiced him in a few episodes.

Last edited:

Toon Guy

Cool, some news about this show. I like how they're going to handle this series; the idea of Foghorn Leghorn being their coach sounds interesting. Q3 2022 or whenever it'll be released seems a long way away, but it will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Streaker Prower

It looks like the series is animated by Snipple Animation.

This is good, because Snipple Animation does fantastic work for the partners. Except the fact that their segments in Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe have a little bit of Off Model compared to Synergy Animation or Yearim Productions' Segments, Also their Dora and Friends: Into the City Episodes are a literal Imitation of Saerom Productions' Art Direction for Season 7-8 of Dora The Explorer "And Snipple Did much of the entirety of Dora and Friends: Into the City". But Snipple’s DuckTales and Big Hero 6 Episodes are even better than Toon City’s, but it’s weird how Disney didn’t also asked a Korean Studio like Rough Draft to animate DuckTales or Big Hero 6.

Last edited:

cheril59

This is good, because Snipple Animation does fantastic work for the partners. Except the fact that their segments in Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe have a little bit of Off Model compared to Synergy Animation or Yearim Productions' Segments, Also their Dora and Friends: Into the City Episodes are a literal Imitation of Saerom Productions' Art Direction for Season 7-8 of Dora The Explorer "And Snipple Did much of the entirety of Dora and Friends: Into the City"
Well, Dora was starting to get a little stiffer in later episodes, and characters stuck in 3/4 view, a la Family Guy.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I hope there's lots of shipping moments in this series, especially with Buster/Babs.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CNC

Toon Guy

This is good, because Snipple Animation does fantastic work for the partners. Except the fact that their segments in Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe have a little bit of Off Model compared to Synergy Animation or Yearim Productions' Segments, Also their Dora and Friends: Into the City Episodes are a literal Imitation of Saerom Productions' Art Direction for Season 7-8 of Dora The Explorer "And Snipple Did much of the entirety of Dora and Friends: Into the City". But Snipple’s DuckTales and Big Hero 6 Episodes are even better than Toon City’s, but it’s weird how Disney didn’t also asked a Korean Studio like Rough Draft to animate DuckTales or Big Hero 6.
Rough Draft did work on DuckTales, but only on the Season 2 finale with Snipple and Toon City.

TsWade2

Since Elmyra is not going to be in it, I've found this youtube video where this youtube user made a theory on why Elmyra is not going to be in the new Tiny Toons Show, and based on what I remember watching that show, I think he has a good point:

dothesmartthing

Here's Wakko!
I'm sure PETA will throw a fit if Elmyra were to be in the reboot, going back to her old ways with the animals.

EJLD4Ever

Animation Student
Here's something I recall seeing in an old interview with Ruegger:

Apparently, Chuck Jones hated the original Tiny Toons, and that's why we never saw much of Little Beeper and Calamity. With Chuck gone, do you think the reboot crew would give them another chance?

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon

Apparently, Chuck Jones hated the original Tiny Toons, and that's why we never saw much of Little Beeper and Calamity. With Chuck gone, do you think the reboot crew would give them another chance?
I always figured the reason the show didn't use them that much was because there really isn't much to their characters; Li'l Beeper and Calamity Coyote are just sawed off clones of the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote in sneakers. Other than have them chase each other around and occasionally do the odd spot gag about Beeper being fast and Calamity being smart and neither of them talking, what else can one do with them?

This speaks to the main 'issue', if you will, that I have with this whole project: is it really necessary? Do we really need another Tiny Toons show 20 years later? I really don't see why WB is bothering with this other than the Animaniacs reboot is doing well. I didn't think we needed a new A! either, but at least the A! characters, while clearly made in the spirit of the Looney Tunes, are still original characters with their own shticks who can stand on their own merits; the Tiny Toons by contrast are just squashed chibi clones of the Looney Tunes, and now that we seem to be in kind of a Looney Tunes renaissance with new LT shows and movies and stuff getting made (without having to spout a bunch of soon-to-be-dated references to the then current decade, I might add), do we really need the Tiny Toons for anything? When you own a designer original, why do you need a knockoff?

It was different in 1990, back then there was a dearth of Looney Tunes stuff aside from The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show and the occasional VHS compilation (remember that Cartoon Network wouldn't launch until 2 years later) and no new Looney Tunes projects being made (again, Space Jam and Back in Action wouldn't come 'til later), so back then TT filled a need. Not so much right now.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member

It wasn't SOLELY because of Chuck Jones. If Chuck held that much influence Tiny Toons wouldn't exist at all.

I feel Silverstar is wrong and that Tiny Toons eventually found its voice and became its own thing. The movie (chronologically between seasons 1 and 2, and meant to debut then) was the point the show blossomed; there are some great episodes in seasons 2 and 3 that don't Xerox the old shorts in any way.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
I feel Silverstar is wrong and that Tiny Toons eventually found its voice and became its own thing. The movie (chronologically between seasons 1 and 2, and meant to debut then) was the point the show blossomed; there are some great episodes in seasons 2 and 3 that don't Xerox the old shorts in any way.

I respect that. When Tiny Toons was at its' peak, it was a great show; they did some really good stuff. It's just that they came at a time when Warner Bros. wasn't producing any new Looney Tunes stuff, and TT successfully filled that void, but now it's different. I just feel like there's nothing they can do with Buster, Babs, Plucky, Hamton or Dizzy that they can't do with Bugs, Lola, Daffy, Porky and Taz, and they're doing stuff with the originals now. Heck, in the promotional art for Bugs Bunny Builders, Bugs and Lola even kind of look like Buster and Babs. Sure, the Tiny Toons did some great stuff and won over a lot of fans, but as a kiddification the characters can never completely escape comparisons to their Looney Tunes counterparts.

I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade; I guess I just feel like Paul Rugg felt when he was asked why he wouldn't be working on the 2020 reboot of Animaniacs; he said "I did that, 20 years ago". That's kind of how I feel about these reboots. Tiny Toons was great, Animaniacs was great, but I've experienced both of those already. They're both products of the 1990's and that's probably where they should stay. But if WB feels like there's more they can do with them, and fans take to it, that's cool too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
Hey LinusFan303, What did you just said about Kickoff to Christmas on "Freeform (Formerly ABC Family)" Network Thread! I know that Kickoff To Christmas will happen this year, I just wait for the Schedule to happen.
Happy 52nd birthday to Vanessa Marshall.
My tweet become banger?? how?

Did a search for Woody Woodpecker this morning, and I found this...

Featured Posts