"Tiny Toons Looniversity" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

flashfunk03

Why do I have a feeling that Plucky is going to be this show's version of Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory?
That would a horrible idea lmao. They should just let him be Daffy 2.0 like he was in TTA. I mean there is other concept art out there that captures his characteristics from the original.
1641753561774.png

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
If this turns out to be true then that's very disappointing. Say what you will about Animaniacs 2020 but that at least got the original actors for the returning characters, this show not only doesn't have Tom Ruegger and the original staff but the original actors too. Animaniacs 2020 was able to win me over by season 2 so hopefully the new team behind this will capture the spirt of Tiny Toons well…
I don’t know about that. DuckTales 2017 recast all the characters (despite Launchpad’s original voice actor Terry McGovern saying he was “heartsick” at the news) and it still turned out great!

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
That would a horrible idea lmao. They should just let him be Daffy 2.0 like he was in TTA. I mean there is other concept art out there that captures his characteristics from the original.
View attachment 293695
I'd rather the have a Plucky Duck that's based on the 1940s version of Daffy, as in the "crazy, darn fool duck" similar to the Looney Tunes Cartoons take on the character. That could be fun to watch, and if Gogo Dodo isn't going to be featured on the new series, that version of Plucky could have the insane bird role.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
I don’t know about that. DuckTales 2017 recast all the characters (despite Launchpad’s original voice actor Terry McGovern saying he was “heartsick” at the news) and it still turned out great!
I did like DuckTales 2017 so I'll give you that. I guess what I should had said was hopefully TTL will be like DuckTales where that while they do change up some things, it still has the sprit of the original.

flashfunk03

I'd rather the have a Plucky Duck that's based on the 1940s version of Daffy, as in the "crazy, darn fool duck" similar to the Looney Tunes Cartoons take on the character. That could be fun to watch, and if Gogo Dodo isn't going to be featured on the new series, that version of Plucky could have the insane bird role.
I think Gogo will be there most likely and as Plucky, they could possibly merge Daffy's screwball and greedy characteristics, similar to Space Jam.

flashfunk03

If this turns out to be true then that's very disappointing. Say what you will about Animaniacs 2020 but that at least got the original actors for the returning characters, this show not only doesn't have Tom Ruegger and the original staff but the original actors too. Animaniacs 2020 was able to win me over by season 2 so hopefully the new team behind this will capture the spirt of Tiny Toons well…
And one thing to clarify, the voice director apparently did the casting for the Rocky and Bullwinkle reboot for Prime and the voices for the characters were kinda spot on so maybe they'll get a cast that could replicate the voices of the original or they can get some of the old voice actors back as well as use new ones. For instance, Eric Bauza being the voice of Plucky, and Billy West being the voice Hamton. With Buster, maybe they'll bring John Kassir on board. If not, they'll use someone like Ben Schwartz since he voices blue cartoon characters lol. For Babs, hopefully, Tress cause we haven't gotten any news for her and since Maurice LaMarche isn't returning for Dizzy (not sure if they contacted him afterward since it was greenlit early in development), I think Dave Coulier (could use his Animal voice from Muppet Babies), Dee Bradley Baker, Dana Snyder or Fred Tatasciore could make good candidates for the voice of Dizzy.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
This morning my brother @Goldstar Neo pointed this out to me:

As of this post, the only confirmed characters (aside from the Looney Tunes) are Buster, Babs, Plucky, Hamton and Sweetie, and judging by those leaked illustrations, the producers seem to be grooming Sweetie to have a larger role than she had in the original series (Sweetie was a very minor character in the original Tiny Toon Adventures).

Based on what's been revealed about Cartoonito's upcoming Bugs Bunny Builders, the lead characters of that show are going to be Bugs, Lola, Daffy, Porky and Tweety, the characters the (as of now) confirmed TTL characters are the heir apparent to.

-Of course this could just be a coincidence, but it is pretty interesting to note.

And now an Unpopular Opinion: I kind of hope they don't bring back every single character, at least not in major roles. I felt the original TTA always had more characters than they needed, since most of the episodes only centered on a few characters at a time. (The half-hour episodes typically focused on Buster, Babs, Plucky and Hamton almost exclusively.) I think the show would work better if it's handled like the Disney Junior Muppet Babies and only focus on about 4, 5 or 6 main characters who appear every week while the others just have supporting or recurring roles.

Last edited:

flashfunk03

This morning my brother @Goldstar Neo pointed this out to me:

As of this post, the only confirmed characters (aside from the Looney Tunes) are Buster, Babs, Plucky, Hamton and Sweetie, and judging by those leaked illustrations, the producers seem to be grooming Sweetie to have a larger role than she had in the original series (Sweetie was a very minor character in the original Tiny Toon Adventures).

Based on what's been revealed about Cartoonito's upcoming Bugs Bunny Builders, the lead characters of that show are going to be Bugs, Lola, Daffy, Porky and Tweety, the characters the (as of now) confirmed TTL characters are the heir apparent to.

-Of course this could just be a coincidence, but it is pretty interesting to note.

And now an Unpopular Opinion: I kind of hope they don't bring back every single character, at least not in major roles. I felt the original TTA always had more characters than they needed, since most of the episodes only centered on a few characters at a time. (The half-hour episodes typically focused on Buster, Babs, Plucky and Hamton almost exclusively.) I think the show would work better if it's handled like the Disney Junior Muppet Babies and only focus on about 4, 5 or 6 main characters who appear every week while the others just have supporting or recurring roles.
They could revamp Furrball and make him have a lisp similar to Sylvester's, they'll probably bring back Mary Melody for representation, most likely Gogo Dodo (he played a vital part in the show), Calamity Coyote, Little Beeper, Marcia the Martian, Shirley the Loon, Montana Max and many more. They could also revive Lightning Rodriguez from the dead and make him more of a major presence in the show since he was rarely used in the original. They should also make new characters that are modeled after Looney Tunes characters that didn't have their own proteges like Pete Puma, Charlie Dog, Slowpoke Rodriguez, Henery Hawk, Hubie and Bertie, The Goofy Gophers, The Dover Boys, Cecil Turtle, Petunia Pig, Penelope Pussycat, Ralph Wolf (Sam Sheepdog has one so let Ralph get his own), etc.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
^^Those are interesting ideas, but I'm sticking to my original guns; I think the main cast should be kept small. Just have the 5 confirmed Tiny Toons as the main group who get the lion's share of the stories while the others just show up from time to time. Streamlining your cast often results in a better quality end product; you can more effectively focus on and develop your main characters when they're aren't so many of them, and not every single WB character ever made needs a chibi knockoff version. That was the mistake the first series made. I still think the 2018 Muppet Babies reboot approach would be the best way to do it.

Let's not confuse quantity with quality. More doesn't necessarily mean better, or even as good. Folks are free to disagree with me, but I'd rather have a small group of elite characters than an entire squad of jobbers any day.

And Gogo Dodo "played a vital part on the show"? Eh, I don't know about that. He was good for a few wacky gags, but his overall contribution to the show was fairly minor. His biggest role in the series was "Sawdust and Toonsil" and that was back in season 1; he didn't really do all that much after that. Gogo was B or C list at best.

Last edited:

flashfunk03

1641836553005.png

The voice director of the show was appointed in May of 2021 so maybe, she contacted Charlie Adler, Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche, and the rest of the surviving OG crew since they talked about not being approached for the show in late 2020-very early 2021 as well as get a new cast of VAs that sound similar to them. She also did the casting for the Rocky and Bullwinkle reboot on Prime which was okay but the casting of the characters was very spot on so I have hope that she'll do great!

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Not everything has to be perfect, I mean the Looney Tunes rarely utilize the large library of characters that they have, especially in the 90s and 2000s when they kept using the same ones over and over again. The characters I mentioned have been used in more recent projects like the Looney Tunes Show, Wabbit/New Looney Tunes and LTC so it’ll be nice if they at least had protégés of their own since more people know about these characters. Also, it’ll make things more fun, be honest.
Agree to disagree...partially. Several of those aforementioned characters might be fun to see turn up just once or once in a while, but I don't think the show needs a cornucopia of proteges, especially since--as long as we're keeping things 100--the Tiny Toons characters are basically just chibi-sized clones of the Looney Tunes, and we don't really need them now that Warner Animation is doing stuff with the genuine articles again. (This is one reason why I can't get overly excited about this series, honestly.) The Z-listers are Z-Listers for a reason.

I've never heard anybody say "Gee, I really like that cool Tiny Toons character, Concord Condor!"

flashfunk03

Agree to disagree...partially. Several of those aforementioned characters might be fun to see turn up just once or once in a while, but I don't think the show needs a cornucopia of proteges, especially since--as long as we're keeping things 100--the Tiny Toons characters are basically just chibi-sized clones of the Looney Tunes, and we don't really need them now that Warner Animation is doing stuff with the genuine articles again. (This is one reason why I can't get overly excited about this series, honestly.) The Z-listers are Z-Listers for a reason.
Yeah, you're right. I see what you're saying.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Any word on if Shirley the Loon and/or Fifi La Fume will make the Tiny Toon Looniversity cut?
It would sure be interesting if Shirley turned up, as the actress she's based on has fallen out of public conversation. Shirley MacLaine was everywhere in 1989, talking up auras and chakras (or some junk) on talk shows, and that would've been the time Tiny Toons was in development. Though Ms. Loon eventually rose beyond just a MacLaine parody, what would be the joke now and who would get it? For the same reason I doubt Arnold The Pit Bull will be in this one.

Realistically, the show had so many characters that I very much doubt all of them are returning, especially if they want to try anyone new. It's already been confirmed Elmyra is gone. But I would REALLY miss Gogo if he's not part of it!

I've never heard anybody say "Gee, I really like that cool Tiny Toons character, Concord Condor!"
Gee, I really like that cool Tiny Toons character, Concord.....wait a minute, never mind.

Pooky

Staff member
It was odd that Shirley the Loon, unlike her famous-since-the-50s namesake, had a very 80s/90s valley girl accent and mannerisms, but I guess they didn't want the character to be just a McLaine parody.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
While the Tiny Toons are more childlike counterparts of the Looney Tunes, Tiny Toon Adventures was fun for what it was so I’m interested to see how Looniversity will turn out. Based on when it was announced I predict it’ll come out during the summer.

cristian12345678

is this reboot has the same showrunner or did they change at last minute? i ask because theres no writers,no voice cast of the main characters and jeff bergman said it will be released late 2022

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts