15 Years of Phineas and Ferb Memories

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Hey everyone!

Today is gonna be a great day because today is August 17, 2022, and 15 years ago today, Disney Channel showcasing the premiere (or a sneak preview, more or less) of the ground-breaking phenomenon that help shape up the next generation of Disney TV Animation, Phineas and Ferb!

For those who don't know(and for those who that do), Phineas and Ferb is about two boys built crazy inventions during the summertime since it's their opportunity to make the best summer they ever had. Then, you had the older teenage sister, Candance, who tries to bust her brothers for making crazy inventions, but ultimately fails. And then you had Perry the Platypus, who had seen as a platypus who doesn't really do much, but in disguise, he's a secret agent, who his mission to defeat his arch-nemesis, Heinz Doofensmirtz, with his "inator" inventions to take down Tri-State Area.

The show created by Dan Povemiere and Jeff Swampy Marsh (two former Nickelodeon veterans who worked on shows like Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob, and Hey Arnold. Although, Povenmiere did worked on Family Guy). They developed the show around the 90's and they pitched it to Fox Kids, Cartoon Network, and especially Nickelodeon. However, all of them rejected it because they though it was "too complex and too complicated for children" (which is a load of BS, in my opinion). So, they pitched to Disney instead. At first, Disney wasn't interested in it, but thankfully they change their minds, and give the series a greenlight.

When Phineas and Ferb first came out, it garner 10.7 million viewers on its premiere. It is that huge, and that's just the sneak preview. Disney released another sneak preview, Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror, on September 28, 2007

When the show made official debut on February 1, 2008, Phineas and Ferb has become a massive phenomenon garner huge ratings, merchandise, live stage concert, and much more. A lot of kids cannot get enough of them.

Phineas and Ferb officially ended on June 12, 2015, with the final episode, "The Last Day of Summer".

The show ran for 4 seasons with 129 episodes in total. Including, Across the 2nd Dimension DCOM, Star Wars and Marvel crossover specials, OWCA Files spin-off special, and more recently, a crossover with Milo Murphy's Law(Dan and Swampy's second show), Disney Plus' Candace Against the Universe Movie, and finally Chibi Tiny Tales shorts.

My memory with Phineas and Ferb was very fuzzy because when I was 8 back in 2007, I didn't watch the show when it premiere as I didn't watch Disney Channel all that much compared to Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network back then. I didn't get into the show until late 2009 to early 2010 when I was turning 9, and I was falling in love with it. I love the characters, I love the humor, I love the crazy inventions, I love the songs and it something I can watch over and over again and I still get a laugh out of it.

What makes the show so great to me is that it has a lot of heart, passionate, and creativity put into it. The show really did help me inspired to create new ideas and just roll with it and have fun. It really does help me going through my struggles and it feels like an escape for me.

However, after Across the 2nd Dimension came out, I stopped watching Phineas and Ferb around late 2011 or early 2012, when I was 12. I was getting too old for the show and I was getting bored of it. So, I had to stop (although I did watch the series finale, but that's it).

While Phineas and Ferb was very popular show amongst viewers, but it was also a very polarizing show for a lot of people. The biggest catalyst is that the show was heavily rely on its formula. In every episode, it follows the exact same plot: Phineas and Ferb build a contraption, Candance tries to bust them, Perry fights off Doofenshmirtz. Lather, rinse, repeat times 100.

Yeah, it does get repetitive after a while and I do agree. However, I do understand why the show is the way it is. The show being repetitive with its formula was actually intentional since the show was satire of formulaic shows like Scooby Doo. The show knows it's not taking itself seriously and they just roll with it. Though, it would be nice if the show were to mix things, but I can understand why it was structure like that.

Criticisms of the show aside, whatever you love or hate Phineas and Ferb, you cannot deny the show was majorly influential. Phineas and Ferb can join the ranks like Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Steven Universe as being the most influential animated series of our generation.

Who really thought that this show featuring two kids build things on summer vacation really meant something to a lot of people? Nobody really thought that at the time, but now, here we are. Especially, that kids, who grew up with the show around 9, 10, or 11, are now in their late teens or early to mid 20's and having nostalgic fondness for it.

Also, if it wasn't for Phineas and Ferb, then Disney TV Animation would've been a much different place than it is now. Around the early to mid 2000's, Disney Channel tried so hard with their animated series to become a big hit, and none of them really stuck out, and more often than not, Disney wanted to focus on their tweeny-bopper live action sitcoms more than anything else. The only exception to that was Kim Possible (and to some extent, The Proud Family). It wasn't until Phineas and Ferb came out, not only it was a big hit that Disney really needed, but give Disney TVA a major facelift as being a creator-driven studio, so they can join the ranks like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. So yeah, we can all thank Phineas and Ferb for changing the game at the House of Mouse.

What do you guys think of Phineas and Ferb and looking back on the show 15 years later?

What's your P&F memory? Favorite characters? Favorite episodes? Favorite songs?

Let me know and share your memories down below.

Happy 15th Anniversary, Phineas and Ferb! Thank you for making the best summer of our lives.

Last edited:

5YearsOnEastCoast

Wow, Phineas and Ferb is 15 years old already. How time flies.

I remember seeing Phineas and Ferb for the very first time when I was 9 on Disney XD. The very first episode I saw was indeed the Rollercoaster One. I was instantly drew. I remember liking characters, animation was fluid and jokes were clever. I watched the show a ton back in 2009-2012 period. I think it had at least some influence in shaping me. And of course my favorite character was this person right here:
1660734712184.png

And oh yeah music was catchy too. I think my favorite one was "Chains on Me". It also I was surprised to see Phineas and Ferb be one of most popular cartoons of 2000s (and 2010s too by default). Heck this might have as well been the most popular Disney cartoon ever. Of course this was well deserved.

Happy birthday Phineas and Ferb.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
When Phineas and Ferb first came out, it garner 10.7 million viewers on its premiere. It is that huge, and that's just the sneak preview.

Should be pointed out that's because Disney premiere the pilot along with High School Musical 2, which is STILL the highest grossing Disney Channel... piece of media ever. It should be noted Dan Povenmire's latest show (Hamster And Gretel) premiered right after Zombies 3 which though obviously not as popular must still be doing well if Disney wants to expand that with it's own animated series. So if Hamster And Gretel because another Phineas and Ferb near level success, then that means the only reason Povenmire's second show Milo Murphy's Law failed was not properly premiering it at the same time as a Disney Channel original movie.

Around the early to mid 2000's, Disney Channel tried so hard with their animated series to become a big hit, and none of them really stuck out. The only exception to that was Kim Possible (and to some extent, The Proud Family).

Uh no offense but considering you were 9 in 2009/2010 and weren't really even watching Disney Channel, kind of think you're underestimating these older shows as you probably only have second hand information on them. As someone who did more grow up on them it should be pointed out that The Proud Family and Kim Possible were HUGE hits for the Disney Channel. Why do you think Disney tried rebranding them years later with that live action DTV movie for KP and revival series for Proud Family? And they weren't even just "huge for Disney Channel" hits but huge for cartoons in general with KP especially being a big draw to the Disney Channel. To the point of the channel itself green lighting KP for another season despite the third one being planned as it's original finale. Plus there was also Lilo and Stitch the series another big hit for the network so it's not like the channel was starved for success in the earlier 2000s. It was the later 2000s though where there was more of a struggle; after Lilo and Stitch you had shows that were at best more cult hits like American Dragon Jake Long but none that really broke into the mainstream until yeah Phineas and Ferb came in and that is considered by many not only one of the best Disney cartoons for it's time, but one of the few actually really good cartoons of the later 2000s. Certainly one of the few to become such a huge hit.

I admit to not catching the pilot of P&F because I was in my super cyncial early 20s and felt High school Musical was about the most lamest thing ever and honestly if I was tuning into the Disney Channel it was mostly either because of shows like Kim Possible, or to mock their lame live action content. Such as the Suite Life of Zack and Cody which I bring up because that's where I found out about Ashley Tisdale who was yeah not only in High School Musical but also Phineas and Ferb. Which yeah Disney was majorly promoting in their ads as a big reason to tune in (that and Mitchell Musso was Jeremy who was also in Hannah Montanna). I remember that as the first I really found out about the show which made me think it was going to be this super lame hokey incredible obnoxious "oh this was only made because Disney could get their teen celebs to do voices for it" sort of thing I didn't think was worth anything. However for some reason maybe because I thought I could mock it or something I wound up checking out "It's A Mud Mud Mud World" and... actually really digging it. I don't know something about how Phineas and Ferb were doing these ridiculous things but not purposely hiding them from their mom it rather just being removed by accident; something about the relationship with Candance; the idea of Perry just putting on the Fedora and foiling this mad scientist in this seemingly unrelated B story; the jokes, the song it just... really clicked for me much more then I thought it would. I wound up checking out most I could from that season and by the end of the first or the beignning of the second actually went more out of my way to wind up catching the episodes as they dropped having become a massive fan of them. I do admit like JMTV after Across The Second Dimension I stopped watching as much. Not because the show had dropped or because the quality was bad but I don't know I just felt really annoyed at the idea after seeing this awesome special breaking the status quo they were still going back to it did irk me on some level and though I know and have even see them still good things with that, something about that just didn't grab me to want to follow along as feverishly as I had been for awhile.

Still I feel the show works really well as a whole especially since Dan and Jeff knew how to actually end it. Granted Disney channel original series especially animated series seem to have a limit of like 4 seasons and that's it but I feel with how big P&F had gotten if they wanted to continue Disney would have no problem letting them especially how after P&F ended they went right to work on another show for them. But P&F is special and still something easily rewatchable and enjoyable even to this day especially in it's songs and banter. And you know though people do rag on the formula and like even I pointed out it did get to me a bit, one thing I have come to appreciate is that the formula actually makes this show stand out so differently especially from so many other Disney shows. Thanks to P&F's own formula it actually doesn't have the formula of every other Disney animated series where even if it's more story based you have to cram in lessons and morals of characters growing and learning to be better people and what not which P&F except for specials never bothered with. I guess that could make some parts especially the main do themselves feel a bit one note but it does offer more unique comedic potentials and ideas without having to cling to lessons to deliver any sort of story. Disney cartoons now like Big City Green and Ghost of Molly McGee seemed so steeped in that (heck even Povenmire's newest shot Hamster and Gretel seems like it has that) it makes P&F not having so stand out more so massive props on thta and so many other things the people behind this show did right.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Wow, has it really been that long? Like someone upthread mentioned, how time flies!

I was a kid when Phineas and Ferb aired, but I don't remember really watching the show until 2009. I was sick on my birthday one year, and instead of going to my party, I lounged on the couch and watched a new P&F episode (kind of sad at the time, but now I regard it as a good memory). I sincerely enjoyed Summer Belongs to You (the SpongeBob reference had me in stitches) and Across the Second Dimension. Those were probably my two favorite specials. I also quite enjoyed Ferb TV (I still watch that episode from time to time).

Happy 15th, Phineas and Ferb!

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Should be pointed out that's because Disney premiere the pilot along with High School Musical 2, which is STILL the highest grossing Disney Channel... piece of media ever.
Yep, that's true. 17 million viewers on HSM2 premiere. It's crazy. Especially for cable TV at time, it's a big deal.

It should be noted Dan Povenmire's latest show (Hamster And Gretel) premiered right after Zombies 3
Full circle, baby.

Uh no offense but considering you were 9 in 2009/2010 and weren't really even watching Disney Channel, kind of think you're underestimating these older shows as you probably only have second hand information on them. As someone who did more grow up on them it should be pointed out that The Proud Family and Kim Possible were HUGE hits for the Disney Channel. Why do you think Disney tried rebranding them years later with that live action DTV movie for KP and revival series for Proud Family? And they weren't even just "huge for Disney Channel" hits but huge for cartoons in general with KP especially being a big draw to the Disney Channel. To the point of the channel itself green lighting KP for another season despite the third one being planned as it's original finale. Plus there was also Lilo and Stitch the series another big hit for the network so it's not like the channel was starved for success in the earlier 2000s. It was the later 2000s though where there was more of a struggle; after Lilo and Stitch you had shows that were at best more cult hits like American Dragon Jake Long but none that really broke into the mainstream until yeah Phineas and Ferb came in and that is considered by many not only one of the best Disney cartoons for it's time, but one of the few actually really good cartoons of the later 2000s. Certainly one of the few to become such a huge hit.
That's okay. None taken. Thank you for clearing it up.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
It took time for Phineas & Ferb to grow on me. Ultimately not my favorite cartoon at the time (That would be Chowder) but at it’s prime it gave SpongeBob and Fairly OddParents a run for their money.

Nobodyman

My how time flies. I remember when I first watched this show, about ten years ago, and I was immediately gripped by how bright and fun and how wickedly smart and fast-paced the humor was. Catching up with all the episodes quickly became one of the most enjoyable viewing experiences of my life and, needless to say, Phineas and Ferb has become one of my all-time favorite cartoons.

TsWade2

As much as I enjoy Hamster and Gretel so far, but sadly, I don't think it'll be as popular as Phineas and Ferb.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
As much as I enjoy Hamster and Gretel so far, but sadly, I don't think it'll be as popular as Phineas and Ferb.
Me neither, and this is coming from someone who don't like Hamster and Gretel all that much.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I remember watching the show, had to wait for High School Musical 2 to end , and Phineas and Ferb coming on at 10:40pm. Saw the sneak preview and enjoyed it, though I can't remember fully how I felt watching it, but I did end up watching the show when it started in February 2008, (they picked a good time when everything else was writer strike-d off the air)
It still a fun series, I know go "eh forumla" they had to some fun stuff with it and had to be creative working with that idea and they were. Such a fun show, love the songs too. It was one of the things I'd return to Disney Channel to watch since they were losing me after the Suite Life ended, and most of their other stuff wasn't grabbing me. When I got Disney XD that became my preferred Disney Channel for a long time, and would watch watch Phineas and Ferb there and still to catch new episodes.
Should be pointed out that's because Disney premiere the pilot along with High School Musical 2, which is STILL the highest grossing Disney Channel... piece of media ever. It should be noted Dan Povenmire's latest show (Hamster And Gretel) premiered right after Zombies 3 which though obviously not as popular must still be doing well if Disney wants to expand that with it's own animated series. So if Hamster And Gretel because another Phineas and Ferb near level success, then that means the only reason Povenmire's second show Milo Murphy's Law failed was not properly premiering it at the same time as a Disney Channel original movie.
I liked Milo Murphy's law, I didn't like the 2nd season as much because it felt like they lost confidence in the show and decided to just add in Doofensmirtz, who I do like, but it felt kind of like were using Phineas and Ferb stuff to hold it up, and it kind of loses me, instead of just staying it's own thing, I'm hoping Hamster and Gretel doesn't do that.

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
I've always enjoyed & loved Phineas & Ferb. I still do today & I always will!!!

Here are some of my favorite episodes:

1. Rollercoaster--it was fun seeing them build the world's biggest roller coaster & have fun riding it.

2. Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror--I loved seeing them throw their own beach party. Candace & Stacy looked so cute & pretty in their bikinis.

3. I Scream, You Scream--the first time we got to meet Dr. Doofenschmirtz's lovely teen daughter, Vanessa.

4. Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together--It was really sweet of the boys to get their parents favorite band back together as well as Doofenschmirtz throw the ultimate birthday party for Vanessa.

5. Spa Day--I think it was really sweet of Phineas & Ferb and their friends to give Candace & Stacy a nice spa day. Candace & Stacy looked nice relaxing in a bubbly jacuzzi.

6. Both Christmas episodes--I loved when they all helped Santa deliver presents. In the Christmas in July cartoon, I loved hearing Isabella sing "Let It Snow".

7. Cheer Up, Candace--It was sweet of Phineas & Ferb to try & cheer up Candace when Jeremy had to cancel his date with her. I loved when they sent someone to give Candace a very nice clown makeover!!!

8. Phineas & Ferb's Hawaiian Vacation--This is one of my all-time favorite episodes! I loved seeing the mom named Linda hula dancing in a bikini top & grass skirt. Candace still looked cute in her bikini.

9. Night of the Living Pharmacists--Another excellent episode! It sure was scary when everyone turned into zombie versions of Doofenschmertz!

10. What Did I Miss?--While Doofenschmirtz captured Perry at the beach, we got to see Vanessa in a lovely bikini.

11. The Star Wars episode--an excellent episode.

12. Phineas & Ferb Save Summer--This was an excellent episode where they tried to save summer for everyone.

13. Summer Belongs To You--One of my all-time favorite episodes. It was fun seeing them go all around the world in one day. I loved the big musical finish at the end, especially when Candace joined in.

Oh, & I'll always love both Across The 2nd Dimension & Candace Against The Universe movies because they're both very exciting.

Happy 15th Anniversary, Phineas & Ferb!!! I'll always love Candace, Isabella, Stacy, & Vanessa!!!

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm surprised that Phineas and Ferb premiered fifteen years ago and that it was near the end of summer given the series' premise. Still, I like the series. The humor worked, the characters were fun, they had a lot of catchy songs and they really went all out with their basic formula. It was a fun series that I think holds up pretty well all things considered. I rewatch reruns on Disney XD and most episodes are still pretty enjoyable.

Dr.Pepper

Phineas and Ferb is such a strange series to me. I watched it a handful of times when it first came out and I loved it. At one point I would have considered it one of my favorite cartoons. But then I went to college and stopped paying attention to it and never had any sort of real desire to go back to it. There is still a part of me that feels like I should rewatch it because I know it was such a major think for people who are like 10 to 15 years younger than me.

TsWade2

I don’t know if everybody knows, but you can also watch Phineas and Ferb on YouTube for free now.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts