2014 Annie Awards

Rhaynebow

Sorry for the thread bump, but I thought we might want to take the recent Annie Awards into consideration...

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-se...e-award-2014-winners-complete-list-95586.html

So Frozen wins the top prize, though I'm not really surprised since Pixar and Disney kind of swept the floor last night. The Croods actually took an Annie home too, which was surprising. The Wind Rises got the best theatrical writing award. I'm not sure if that would make it any more of an opponent for Frozen, but all in all, I think it's gonna be a tight race between Wind Rises and Frozen at the Oscars. Things may change once the movie actually comes out though.

Dudley

Staff member
I was watching it streamed live. A lot of fun. Tom Kenny was hilarious.
Surprised to see Miyazaki won for best writing for film. NOT surprised he didn't show up for the award. He didn't show up when Spirited Away won an Oscar, so he definitely wouldn't show up for this. I'm glad Katsuhiro Otomo was nice enough to show up for the Lifetime Achievement Award.

ILDC

This has bothered me for a long time, so I might as well spit it out. Are Tron and Motorcity considered "general audience" shows because they failed to attract a kid audience?

Rhaynebow

This has bothered me for a long time, so I might as well spit it out. Are Tron and Motorcity considered "general audience" shows because they failed to attract a kid audience?

Yeah, they never really defined just what general audience means. Perhaps it was just shows that proved popular with older people as well as, if not more than their target demographic.

HG Revolution

Truth (with crazy opinions!)
Darissa Townes said:
Yeah, they never really defined just what general audience means. Perhaps it was just shows that proved popular with older people as well as, if not more than their target demographic.

My guess is the only criteria is which category the show's submitted under.

ILDC

If that's the case, then shows like AT should be there.

andywarhol12

I was watching the live feed as well and even though I was not surprised with the numerous awards Disney Frozen has one i still think Frozen will win best animation at the Academy Awards. Miyazakis new film is astounding with the vivid detail, storyline as well as other factors but with Frozen surpassing the fourth highest animated film of all time I think it will win an academy award. It was recently announced as well that Idina Menzel will be singing at the Oscars so that should be enjoyable.

andywarhol12

Tom Kenny definitely was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing when he mentioned Frozen and Elsa haha. Yeah, I was surprised to that Miyazaki didn't show up. I liked how the person who took his award was like YEAH, Il'l definitely hold onto that.

I was watching it streamed live. A lot of fun. Tom Kenny was hilarious.
Surprised to see Miyazaki won for best writing for film. NOT surprised he didn't show up for the award. He didn't show up when Spirited Away won an Oscar, so he definitely wouldn't show up for this. I'm glad Katsuhiro Otomo was nice enough to show up for the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Found this from Reddit. Had to trim the original a bit. And yeah the guy in the 2nd half of this is the new Sokka actor.
20 years ago today, Apple released Mac OS 9.2.2, the very last version of their classic operating system. It would be available on computers as late as mid-2003, whilst Mac OS X (now macOS) up to 10.4.11 had Classic Environment for computers released before the Intel switch in 2006.
Asa
Today would've been the 120th birthday of Walt Disney.
Man I love how progressively insane Jojo gets

Featured Posts