Just deal with it!
- Jul 29, 2017
What are your predictions for The Walt Disney Company in 2022? Here are some of mine:
- "Turning Red" releases in theatres in March (no simultaneous Disney+ release, not even a theatre-skip to the streamer)
- A movie based on the Sam & Max comics, directed by the original creator, Steve Purcell, is announced.
- "A Bug's Life 2" is announced.
- "Searcher Clade", which comes out November 2022, is revealed to be a 2D-animated feature, perhaps using the animation technique from the 2021 Disney short "Far from the Tree".
- Season 3B of "Amphibia" premieres in Spring 2022. The show overall wraps up with a big finale.
- "The Owl House" is renewed after all, and becomes a Disney+ Original Series.
- "The Ghost and Molly McGee" has a Passover episode, since Molly's human friend, Libby, is Jewish, and Passover is a Jewish holiday.
- Disney Television Animation announces a new series created by Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey.
- Disney Television Animation announces an "anime-esque" show.
- Disney Television Animation announces some darker/edgier projects for Disney+.
- It is announced that Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior in the United States will cease operations in 2023, and Disney will commit to producing shows for third-party networks like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and PBS, as well as shows for third-party streaming services, in addition to Disney+.
- "Titan A.E.", "Once Upon A Forest", "A Troll in Central Park", "The Pagemaster", "FernGully: The Last Rainforest", "Bartok the Magnificent", and "FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue" come to Disney+.
- Disney+ announces movie-length specials based on The Simpsons.
- Susan Arnold is the best thing that has happened to Disney, and even quickly becomes CEO, replacing Bob Chapek.
- The Walt Disney Company purchases The Jim Henson Company.
- Disney purchases the rights to the "Thomas & Friends" franchise, because Mattel has been horrible to it.
- Disney opens some new animation units in China, South Korea, India, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
- Disney acquires Lionel, LLC