ACME Night News & Discussion Thread

tykroma94

Damn seeing a massacre on CN is lit and gave me hella chills. Good God that was scary…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the bumpers are pretty nice. It does have the 80's atmosphere.

My favorite one is the changing the logos. I thought it was really clever.

Facts that one was clever. I think I noticed Road Runner in that bumper. The bumpers give me a 80s and Flicks vibes.

Last edited by a moderator:

tykroma94

We just got a promo for Man of Steel Next Sunday Night. I’m excited for this. ACME Night has impressed me so far. I wonder about a few things. One is ACME Night gonna have its own custom made split screen credits. Plus seeing as CN is taking back the 8pm hour soon, I wonder is ACME Night gonna move down an hour down to 7pm. We’ll have to wait and see.

CNC

We just got a promo for Man of Steel Next Sunday Night. I’m excited for this. ACME Night has impressed me so far. I wonder about a few things. One is ACME Night gonna have its own custom made split screen credits. Plus seeing as CN is taking back the 8pm hour soon, I wonder is ACME Night gonna move down an hour down to 7pm. We’ll have to wait and see.

Nope. Still 6pm.

tykroma94

Nope. Still 6pm.

Dang that’s too bad. Considering the length of this films I shouldn’t be too surprised.

I didn’t point this out before but I like how CN made a slogan for ACME Night similar to Flicks. Like “Epic Movies for everyone” reminds me of “Catch a Flick with the Flicks”. Feeling a little nostalgic now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Okay, so after Shazam, CN is now airing Family Matters.

Here's a couple of pictures I took:
IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2402.JPG

Last edited:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Alrighty then, so that was Cartoon Network's ACME Night. What do I think of it?

I'm very impressed with it. It remind me so much of The Flicks back in the day, but in a brand new way. I really like their presentation of a being all 80's when it comes to their graphics. It's a nice touch. Though, I'm a bit disappointed with the Acme Night intro since I thought it was a bit short compared to The Flicks, but that's just a personal nitpick of mine.

The bumpers themselves are pretty nice. My favorite one is the changing logos bumper. I thought it was very clever and cool.

The first movie that aired on Acme Night was Shazam. I thought it was alright. Not much of a superhero fan in general, but it was fun. 7/10

After that, Cartoon Network aired Family Matters on Acme Night. I know, it's very bizarre that CN aired Family Matters of all things, but then again, it's not too unorthodox since Urkel himself was a basically real life version of a cartoon character. To be fair, I did vividly remember Family Matters as a kid, but I never really watched it. This is my first time seeing it and I thought it was pretty funny.

I guess CN only aired it because a) to promote the upcoming Steve Urkel Holiday Special, and b) they need to add another family show to fill in the block since Acme Night and CN ends at 9pm. To be honest, it could've been worse because at least it's better than airing another Gumball rerun, but I digress.

In short, Acme Night was a fun block and it's a great throwback to The Flicks, but give it a unique touch by being it's own thing and gearing towards a whole family, and I welcome it. :)

Will I catch it again? Sure. I'm looking forward to seeing what ACME Night has to offer.

Capture1467.PNG

tykroma94

Alrighty then, so that was Cartoon Network's ACME Night. What do I think of it?

I'm very impressed with it. It remind me so much of The Flicks back in the day, but in a brand new way. I really like their presentation of a being all 80's when it comes to their graphics. It's a nice touch. Though, I'm a bit disappointed with the Acme Night intro since I thought it was a bit short compared to The Flicks, but that's just a personal nitpick of mine.

The bumpers themselves are pretty nice. My favorite one is the changing logos bumper. I thought it was very clever and cool.

The first movie that aired on Acme Night was Shazam. I thought it was alright. Not much of a superhero fan in general, but it was fun. 7/10

After that, Cartoon Network aired Family Matters on Acme Night. I know, it's very bizarre that CN aired Family Matters of all things, but then again, it's not too unorthodox since Urkel himself was a basically real life version of a cartoon character. To be fair, I did vividly remember Family Matters as a kid, but I never really watched it. This is my first time seeing it and I thought it was pretty funny.

I guess CN only aired it because a) to promote the upcoming Steve Urkel Holiday Special, and b) they need to add another family show to fill in the block since Acme Night and CN ends at 9pm. To be honest, it could've been worse because at least it's better than airing another Gumball rerun, but I digress.

In short, Acme Night was a fun block and it's a great throwback to The Flicks, but give it a unique touch by being it's own thing and gearing towards a whole family, and I welcome it. :)

Will I catch it again? Sure. I'm looking forward to seeing what ACME Night has to offer.

View attachment 291287

My thoughts exactly my friend. Overall ACME Night was pretty good. The movie was good and the bumpers were good. I agree that the intro was a bit short, wish it was longer. Seeing Family Matters air right after was a beautiful site to behold.

Overall it’s was fun and reminded me a lot of Flicks but with its own twist. I really liked the block. Hope it sticks around for the long run. Now CN, when are you gonna make a new action block?

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
My thoughts exactly my friend. Overall ACME Night was pretty good. The movie was good and the bumpers were good. I agree that the intro was a bit short, wish it was longer. Seeing Family Matters air right after was a beautiful site to behold.

Overall it’s was fun and reminded me a lot of Flicks but with its own twist. I really liked the block. Hope it sticks around for the long run
emoji1491.png
emoji91.png
Yup, I agree. :)

Tommypezmaster

In an earlier forum, I did mention that highly praised live-action series should be added to a CN Real Revival before they try to do original live-action shows again.

I don't know how rights will effect the chances of the following to air but if Family Matters can fit in, these shows could too.
  • I Dream of Jeanie-I remember when the now defunct toy company Trendmasters marketed this classic series to young girls in the 90's. Could be a good fit here.
  • Little House on The Prairie-Just because it's decades old, doesn't mean family couldn't enjoy this classic. Plus some of the focus are on the Ingalls sisters. They did show them as good role models for kids.
  • Bonanza-Madison from Splash brought me here.
  • Punky Brewster-Both the original and Peacock reboot does scream Family night
  • Anne of Green Gables (live-action)-Similar case w/ Little House.
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch-It did air on the also owed by Warner Brothers CW in the 2000's
  • The Bernie Mac Show-Probably the only edgy entry on this list. But some family-friendly edits could lead to hilarious results. Plus it can show families why Bernie Mac was legendary during his time alive.
  • George Lopez-TBS did air the show earlier this year and it's a Warner Brothers production.
  • Fresh Off The Boat-Lasted for 6 years so reruns shouldn't be out of the question. Plus since Garfield is now owned by Viacom, they could alter any Garfield reference for a Warner Brothers-owned property.
  • Stranger Things-The most popular entry on this list. What else is there to say?
  • Gunsmoke-Similar case w/ Bonanza minus being viewed by a mermaid.
  • Mr. Iglesias-This show really shows us why Gabriel Iglesias is a really charming figure.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
In an earlier forum, I did mention that highly praised live-action series should be added to a CN Real Revival before they try to do original live-action shows again.

I don't know how rights will effect the chances of the following to air but if Family Matters can fit in, these shows could too.
  • I Dream of Jeanie-I remember when the now defunct toy company Trendmasters marketed this classic series to young girls in the 90's. Could be a good fit here.
  • Little House on The Prairie-Just because it's decades old, doesn't mean family couldn't enjoy this classic. Plus some of the focus are on the Ingalls sisters. They did show them as good role models for kids.
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch-It did air on the also owed by Warner Brothers CW in the 2000's
  • The Bernie Mac Show-Probably the only edgy entry on this list. But some family-friendly edits could lead to hilarious results. Plus it can show families why Bernie Mac was legendary during his time alive.
  • George Lopez-TBS did air the show earlier this year and it's a Warner Brothers production.
  • Fresh Off The Boat-Lasted for 6 years so reruns shouldn't be out of the question. Plus since Garfield is now owned by Viacom, they could alter any Garfield reference for a Warner Brothers-owned property.
  • Stranger Things-The most popular entry on this list. What else is there to say?
  • Mr. Iglesias-This show really shows us why Gabriel Iglesias is a really charming figure.
NO. They're airing Family Matters right now because of the upcoming animated Urkel special!

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy

There is literally no reason for Cartoon Network to do this. Especially when TBS (another Warner Bros. owned channel) is right next door. As was stated earlier, the only reason why CN aired an episode of Family Matters on ACME Night was because WB is producing a Steve Urkel Christmas special later this year, which by the way, is animated.

Even if Cartoon Network were to begin airing more live action, it will be original shows that are tailored for CN's target demographic. Old sitcom reruns wouldn't give CN the audience nor the ratings that they desire.

Last edited:

kanc

Family Matters for what I checked, they were stretched into 16:9 instead of airing in true 4:3 SD format

WMania

Check Out My Avatar Thread!
Nice to see CN have some new variety. I understand the concept of ACME Night and why WarnerMedia has been pushing existing IPs to tweens and turning CN into a more family-centric channel. I'm a bit baffled by airing Family Matters post-movie.

TBS has lost some shows lately and is trying to pick up the slack with Young Sheldon. I really feel as though ACME Night and some of these other experimental attempts can be a good way to bring some life into TBS.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Nice to see CN have some new variety. I understand the concept of ACME Night and why WarnerMedia has been pushing existing IPs to tweens and turning CN into a more family-centric channel. I'm a bit baffled by airing Family Matters post-movie.
As previously stated, the Family Matters episode airing was done to promote the upcoming Steve Urkel animated Christmas special.

Most likely for the benefit of younger viewers who haven't seen Family Matters and don't know who Urkel is.

WMania

Check Out My Avatar Thread!
As previously stated, the Family Matters episode airing was done to promote the upcoming Steve Urkel animated Christmas special.
Yeah, I get it. Like I said, I know CN is trying to orient themselves as a more family-friendly channel and promote existing shows in the WarnerMedia umbrella. I just hope it doesn't become a trend with other shows that do not have upcoming specials.

Side note: so strange that they are making an Urkel holiday special yet haven't agreed to the Billy and Mandy movie on the basis of viewers being unfamiliar with the show/it hasn't aired on television.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Yeah, I get it. Like I said, I know CN is trying to orient themselves as a more family-friendly channel and promote existing shows in the WarnerMedia umbrella. I just hope it doesn't become a trend with other shows that do not have upcoming specials.
I'm going to give Tom Acsheim the benefit of the doubt here and say that I don't think that CN will start airing live action family oriented sitcoms from 30 years ago just for funsies. Especially when Warner Bros. could just as easily run them on TBS if they wanted to.
Side note: so strange that they are making an Urkel holiday special yet haven't agreed to the Billy and Mandy movie on the basis of viewers being unfamiliar with the show/it hasn't aired on television.
Yeah, I too have to question the logic in that decision. If CN just doesn't want to do anything else with Billy & Mandy, they should just say that. How many of today's kids know who Steve Urkel is?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts