Adult Swim reference in Camp Lazlo

AnimatedFan01

I was watching the Camp Lazlo episode "Hello Dolly" and while Scoutmaster Lumpus was playing "bunk swimming" with the Bean Scout's and Lazlo asked how the water is, Lumpus replied "It's adult swim now let the grown-ups have fun". Do you think this could have been an intentional reference to Adult Swim? Specifically during the early days before it became a separate entity from CN, promos and bumpers would have a man on the megaphone shouting "All kids out of the pool for Adult Swim!"

TheMisterManGuy

Adult Swim got its name from an actual term used to designate the time period in which minors under 18 are prohibited from entering a public swimming area. So that line isn't really a reference to the TV network.

Sent from my CP3669AS using Tapatalk

Silverstar

Gone But Not Forgotten
As others have noted, I think that was referring to the practice of Adult Swim rather than the programming block; the block itself was named after the period in public pools where no one under 18 is allowed to swim with the grownups. Camp Lazlo wasn't even the first show to showcase the practice of Adult Swim; it was also the subject of the pilot short for Codename: Kids Next Door, "No 'p' in the 'ool'". There was also an episode of Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete which dealt with Adult Swim, and that was years before the CN programming block.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm not sure what Nick waiting for: every weekend Nick is airing keep it here Nick ads for Warped! But still no word for whether it's cancelled or renewed.
Recently actor James Hong was interviewed on Jimmy Kimmel. He's 93 but still going strong. Really cool!
so I switch on disney xd and to my surprise, chip & dale rescue rangers is on

For someone who's been around less than a year, Barbie Brooklyn Roberts has gotten plenty of (well deserved) attention.
According to zap2it, nick@nite will air Seinfeld starting early Tues May 31 2am-4am, that means Mom will be off the lineup after May 26.

Featured Posts