Adult Swim reference in Camp Lazlo

AnimatedFan01

I was watching the Camp Lazlo episode "Hello Dolly" and while Scoutmaster Lumpus was playing "bunk swimming" with the Bean Scout's and Lazlo asked how the water is, Lumpus replied "It's adult swim now let the grown-ups have fun". Do you think this could have been an intentional reference to Adult Swim? Specifically during the early days before it became a separate entity from CN, promos and bumpers would have a man on the megaphone shouting "All kids out of the pool for Adult Swim!"

TheMisterManGuy

Adult Swim got its name from an actual term used to designate the time period in which minors under 18 are prohibited from entering a public swimming area. So that line isn't really a reference to the TV network.

Sent from my CP3669AS using Tapatalk

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
As others have noted, I think that was referring to the practice of Adult Swim rather than the programming block; the block itself was named after the period in public pools where no one under 18 is allowed to swim with the grownups. Camp Lazlo wasn't even the first show to showcase the practice of Adult Swim; it was also the subject of the pilot short for Codename: Kids Next Door, "No 'p' in the 'ool'". There was also an episode of Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete which dealt with Adult Swim, and that was years before the CN programming block.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The official Belgian passport will soon have Smurfs, Marsupilamis, Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke and other Belgian comic book characters on it.
what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

Featured Posts