"American Song Contest (NBC)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I hope it's somewhat us fun and strange like Euro vision. It feels like a FOX thing to me or ABC. I think PBS could air it since they air music events and a 4th of July concert and etc but it feels more FOX or ABC to me.
Agreed since there's cultural differences in public broadcasting in the US and Europe.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Such a contest was first mooted for NBC as far back as 2005 and using the same format to the upcoming ASC.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
It’s here!

Not really surprised about it, considering that Peacock aired the recent contest.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Something something as our country is divided, this event will unite us or whatever.
I don’t know enough about singing competitions to how this differentiates from American Idol or the others, except now it’s a matter of state pride. It WOULD be nice if the event covered all of North America however.
In Europe, countries that are supposed to hate each other still vote for each other. In the 1990s and 2000s, once the Yugoslavian wars were finally over, all those Yugoslavian countries started voting for each other. Ukraine and Russia also vote for each other except during a war. Belgium also votes for its despicable neighbours the Netherlands and France :D

California and Texas will almost definitely vote for each other.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
There are three likely candidates for the host city: Las Vegas, Tampa and Orlando. They say the format will be a mix of the ESC with its most prestigious semi-final, the Swedish Melodifestivalen.
I'd go with Orlando being the host city of the very first American Song Contest.

Lemanic

American Song Contest is going to air right after the Winter Olympics next year on February 21st. Here's the trailer for it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts