Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

CartoonLover2604

"Revenge is a dish best served immediately!" -Dan
Season 3 so far is starting off great. I loved seeing Anne's parents and how the Plantars interacted with our world. The plot is really thickening and I'm curious to see where that goes. Hopefully, we're see Sasha and Grime some more but I'm looking forward to see where the show goes next. (Sorry for not going into detail, didn't wanna give away spoilers)

JMTV Studios

Hey guys. Very sorry that I'm late in this discussion. I'm very busy and I didn't have time to watch it. It's unfortunate that I missed the premiere because I was looking forward to it. So, I had to look through "other ways" to watch it.

With that said, the Season 3 premiere of Amphibia was actually pretty interesting. Not exactly OMG or mind-blowing, but it's more or less of a cool-down after the intensity of True Colors.

It's great to see Anne's parents again, The Planters going to our world was pretty fun, and the whole quarantine aspect of this episode was pretty funny and ironic considering that's what happening right now.

Not going to get any detail about this episode because 1) I don't wanna spoiled it and 2) there's not much I can say about it other than Season 3 outro was pretty cute.

So what that, I'll give it a 7 out of 10 stars. It's pretty enjoyable. Hopefully the next episode will be better.

Did anyone notice how in the scene with the refrigerator magnets there was a magnet of Lloyd from Lloyd in Space?
Yeah, I notice that, too.

zoombie

The New Normal

Well a good start to the season. I love how they slowly building things up. Anne's parents no very little of what is going on, it is going to be a slow burn.

So just me or does this episode's villain have a Terminator vibe. A Terminator on a Disney show, I love it.

This is a full 22 minute episode. I wonder when they go back to two 11 minute episodes, would they perhaps do one episode set on Earth, and another one set on Amphibia universe, before the two plots merge?

BlackoutCreature

I knew it wouldn't happen, mostly because it wouldn't make very entertaining children's television, but I'm kinda sorry we didn't get any explanation on what the Boonchuy's told the police, the Waybright's and the Wu's about Anne's return. You know the second she reappeared they'd show up grilling her about where Sasha and Marcy are. There's a very good chance that Anne is the prime suspect in a double homicide right now.

Maybe later episodes.

zoombie

I knew it wouldn't happen, mostly because it wouldn't make very entertaining children's television, but I'm kinda sorry we didn't get any explanation on what the Boonchuy's told the police, the Waybright's and the Wu's about Anne's return. You know the second she reappeared they'd show up grilling her about where Sasha and Marcy are. There's a very good chance that Anne is the prime suspect in a double homicide right now.

Maybe later episodes.

Well since Marcy planned this. There is a chance she left a note to her family. As for Sasha, it is has been implied she doesn't come from a good home, so they might not care.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Season 3's premiere was High Tier and a nice cooldown point from Season 2's finale that's only starting to build into something bigger like it should be for what might just be this show's last season. Here's hoping they can keep that momentum going forward from here and then some.

I'm otherwise Not going too deep into this - y'all can watch and hopefully enjoy it like I did for yourselves, honestly.

JMTV Studios

Hey guys. Finally got this whole thing settled and now I'm finally free to sit back and relax and watch Amphibia.

I gotta say, today's episode is SO much better than last week's episode.

The first half is about Anne and The Planters are going out to the mall and the second half is about Sasha after the events of True Colors.

I thought the plot from the first half was a bit stereotypical, but the execution was pretty solid. It's a great full circle character development for Anne since she wants to keep The Planters safe. It did have some very funny moments. The Planters' disguises were adorable, especially Sprig wearing a face mask. I really love Anne's new outfit. I really dig her look and she's really cute.

There's not much negative things to say about this episode other than it's a cute and fun episode. I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10 stars.

The second half, though? Oh boy, where do I start?

After the events of True Colors, it's time for Sasha to get some character development. I really love Sasha was written in this episode because she does show remorse and realized there's consequences for her actions. The best moment of the episode is where Sasha going to Anne's room at The Planters' house and saw Anne's journal, read it, and it was about Anne was so happy that her friends came back together after they were so separated for so long, and Sasha teared up. I teared up a little bit after watching that scene. Now, Sasha is going to whatever it takes to protect Wartwood and regain trust from Anne again. However, this is only just the beginning.

Overall, this episode is really good. Great character development moment for Sasha. Great action sequences. Very cute and very funny moments. And I can't wait to see how the next episode plays out.

I'll give it a 8.5 out of 10 stars. It's a really good episode.

BlackoutCreature

So Anne's cover story is that she was in Alaska for the last couple months? I suppose the rank n' file peoples can buy it, but it also heavily implies that Anne's parents, as well as Sasha's and Marcy's, never reported their disappearances to the police.

I know, I'm over-thinking the cartoon about talking frogs.

zoombie

Hop Till You Drop

Well this was a good cool down episode. We get to see more of Anne being the parent to the Planters. I love how this episode show case each of the Planters weaknesses, Polly's being terrorized by babies was hilarious.

And that girl that Anne bumped into, didn't ask what happened to Marcy and Sasha. Though from what I seen in flashbacks and gauging their personalities, I figure Marcy and Sasha they are more outcast than Anne.

Turning Point

This is what we waited a long time for, the Sasha character development episode. The episode title just out right says it and doesn't try to be cute. This is kind of Sasha's western air temple episode. She finally see the light, and want to be better. And it is ironic, she is the new Anne of Wardwood. And even Grimes showed some growth, I love Sasha's nick name for him.

And great to see the townies again showcasing their skills. Maddie especially, how I missed her.

BTW, I think we are going to have a equivalent of the "Maddie and Marcy" episode with Ivy and Sasha.

Last edited:

CartoonLover2604

"Revenge is a dish best served immediately!" -Dan
"Hop Til You Drop" was a nice breather episode, Anne parenting the Plantars was fun, and Polly was especially funny. Kind of surprised the girl Anne saw at the mall didn't ask about Sasha and Marcy's whereabouts but hopefully they're address that later.

"Turning Point" is the better half of the two here, we get to see the events of "True Colors" from Sasha and Grime's perspective and their interaction together is great as always. Seeing the Wartwood gang again is really refreshing and how they view Sasha as the new Anne is pretty charming. Sasha is really reminding me of Zuko from Avatar going from antagonizing our main character to redeeming themselves and befriending them so it's great to see Sasha (and Grime even), show some great character development.

Another great from Season 3, cannot wait for the rest.

ShadowBeast

Hop Til You Drop: Good episode. A reversal of how The Plantars had to teach and protect Anne in Amphibia. Oh the irony. Now she knows what they had to go through......... though she should've known with Sprig and Polly, the trouble those two can be. Figures the mothers of thoe unruly brats would call them angels.

Turning Point: This....This was a great episode. I really hope we get a lot of episodes that takes place back in Amphibia. Sasha finally realizes the wrongs she's committed and has even felt a huge amount of guilt with the frogs of Wartwood. She's fully accepted and gained some morality in herself, something she's been trying to brush off in season 2. If she ever returns to the human world, she'll be a better person than before she left, that's for sure.
I'm a bit disappointed that Grime was a little dumb in this episode. Seriously, I was expecting him to use the warhammer to rocket to safety after jumping out of King Andrias' castle. It was fantastic that he came back to save Sasha though.

I would've thought that Olivia and Yunan would've made an escape too, but I guess they'll be with King Andrias out of fear for a while. But I'm 100% sure they'll join the heroes, hopefully soon.

Considering how much damage Robo caused in Wartwood, I'm surprised that the frogs (with a few obvious exceptions) are able to fight back. Maybe King Andrias has the factories set to rush production, thus those robots weren't as well made (I wouldn't be surprised if an episode is made with someone going after the factories and shutting them down). Speaking of which, the giant robo-frog with the small robo-frogs coming out of it's back is based on actual species of frogs/toads that give birth out of their back. Freaky huh?

Polly's being terrorized by babies was hilarious.
It's funny because she deserves it. Seriously, it's great to see Polly get a douse of her own medicine.

And that girl that Anne bumped into, didn't ask what happened to Marcy and Sasha. Though from what I seen in flashbacks and gauging their personalities, I figure Marcy and Sasha they are more outcast than Anne.
But Anne would've been known to hang out with Sasha and Marcy. But yeah, I was wondering why she didn't ask about Sasha and Marcy. Maybe the girl was more interested in chatting up some gossip to Anne.

And it is ironic, she is the new Anne of Wardwood.
She even has Anne nervousness when guilty of something.

And even Grimes showed some growth,
I've seen Grime showing growth since the beginning of season 2 when he knew that Sasha's training was a distraction and there was when he told Sasha to let Percy and Bradic go and knew that they had hit their limit. Shame we'll most likely won't get more on his backstory of gladiator days.

BTW, I think we are going to have a equivalent of the "Maddie and Marcy" episode with Ivy and Sasha.
That needs to happen. Heck, I can see Grime wanting to learn some techniques from Ivy.

Seeing the Wartwood gang again is really refreshing and how they view Sasha as the new Anne is pretty charming
Kind of funny since they weren't too keen on Marcy. But I guess with Anne gone, they need a human in Wartwood, even if they had a bad history with the human. but considering the damage Anne has caused along with the Plantars, it isn't too impossible for them let bygones be bygones.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Sasha's positive character development is a shining example of why I love Amphibia as a series so damn much and the true highlight of Season 3 Episode 2, IMHO. GOD TIER.

The first half? Nothing special, outside of just being a role reversal of whose in danger more than usual when it comes to Anne and the Plantars. MID HIGH TIER.

GAME OVER

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Inbal Breda posted some deleted storyboards from "Turning Point". Apparently, Sasha was supposed to cry even harder. After reading Anne's journal, she was originally going to sit down and cry even harder at what she's done.

JMTV Studios

As much as I hate to say this, but today's episodes were pretty weak.

The first half was about Sprig want to be part of the family. I honestly thought this idea has so much potential for story possibilities like Spring tells Anne's mom that he didn't have a mom, Anne's mom was looking out for Sprig, and stuff like that. That would be so cool. But man, the execution was piss poor. It was so predictable that I could already see stuff happening from a mile away. Sprig was a bit out of character for me but to be fair, he (and the rest of The Planters) were getting adjusted to Anne's world, so I'll give it a slight pass. The thing with the food truck just went nowhere and just an excuse for wacky hijinks. If you cut the food truck part out, then nothing would've changed. Anne was just there to be a voice of reason for Sprig and she didn't really do it me.

As for the second half about The Planters taking care of Domino? I have nothing much to say about this episode. I find it pretty boring and forgettable. While it's better than the first half, but that's not saying much.

Yeah, I find both of those episodes to be pretty disappointing. I'll give them a 5 out of 10 stars. They're easily forgettable episodes.

Oh well, let's hope next week's episodes will be better than this week's.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my thesis film ony my strugles with being atypical
khuddle wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
Grats to you and Happy Birthday.
Happy birthday to a great voice actor that is Eric Bauza!
So, in the animated series Jellystone!, has anyone noticed that Snorky's design is based off what he looked like in the first season of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour rather than in the second season of said show?
I'm officially 25 years old.

Featured Posts