Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
I love these two new characters. We have Dr. Jan, and now Ally and Jess, we slowly picking up allies.
Oh dude, your right. I wouldn't be surprised that if the series finale, all the allies from the previous episodes in this season, will all come together to defeat King Andrias and stop the government.

Also, Ally and Jess were pretty cute, too.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Regarding to these 2 latest segments:
(Fixing Frobo (Mid High Tier)): The reason I can't rank this one too high is while I do see potential in Polly to be something bigger, what with robotics repair and construction, which is awesome - I only wish I could pick up on such things thst easily... Yeah. Polly is still coming off like a brat when she really shouldn't be, which is what holds this segment back from being truly anything memorable in a positive light.

(Anne - Sterminator (High Tier)): I think the only thing I didn't like about this one was the lack of an apology from Anne's mother - I'd be pretty angry to get talked down like that in Anne's position and would probably harbor some quiet resentment for my folks if they did that to me, especially with Anne's newly developed sense of responsibility being so present, even despite all the crap were going through in this particular episode to ensure everyone lives thru this.
Of course, Anne would need to apologize as well for lying about certain things, so don't get me wrong on that, either.

OKAY, TAKE CARE.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
And now the first five S3 episodes are on Disney Plus in North America.

Antiyonder

Staff member
Wow, Dr. Wily really did improve his Mr. X. disguise.

Edit:

Adding this as of seeing the episodes.

1. Those guys from Thai Feud appeared in Sprig's Birthday. Kept an eye out for them cause of this scene from a Tumblr post:

Reminds me of Lyra and Bon Bon's proposal only not so successful. Well hopefully their next cameo looks up for them.

2. Now I'm dreading the finale.

Sprig's hat probably won't survive it:-(

Last edited:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Alright, that's today's episode of Amphibia.

The first half was very solid. The whole government thing comes off as a bit cliché to me, but at least it was decently handled. RuPaul was pretty good in this episode. She's pretty entertaining. Plus, love the Heelys that she wear there. I did like where Anne's parents are helping out Anne and The Planters to escape. That was very clever. I find it pretty funny Anne and The Planters are sick of millions of movie trailers before the movie. I thought it was pretty relatable.

Not much I can say about this episode. I'll give this a 7 out of 10 stars. It's pretty decent, but its not of my favorites.

The second half was pretty good. Back in Season 1, Sprig was 10 years old. Now in Season 3, he's 11. I really like how Anne did a lot of effort to give Sprig the best birthday he had, even if she come off a bit excessive at times. But still, I love and applaud her. One thing I'm a little disappointed at was we never get see Sprig's parents are like since I though it'll much more interesting to see Sprig's life was like before they died. But that just me though. There's one part I do love was Sprig appreciate Anne for spending time together on his birthday. That's really adorable.

Overall, it's a cute episode. A 7.5 or 8 out of 10 stars for me.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Sprig!

Antiyonder

Staff member
And for convenience sake, Disney uploaded the Vlog From the Bog into a single video:

zoombie

Mr. X

This was a good episode. Good showcase for Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy. It shows children can mis judge and underestimate their parents just as much as parents can underestimate their children, it goes both ways.

Mr. X is an interesting character, I wonder what role he will play when the invasion happens, is he going to be stubborn and still be against the Planeters and be a secondary antagonists, or will he put that aside and help out against the Andreas invasion force? Also I wonder will Jenny ever speak. If so is there a punch line to Jenny's voice?

Sprig's Birthday

This was a fun episode. We see Anne's in securities here. Anne understand what it means to be a real good friend as been her arc since the beginning. Nice staying constant with the character.

We have some fun bits here with the proposal, the stand up comedian, Mr. Boonchy continuing agony. etc.

We learn the origins of Sprig's hat. I wonder if that is foreshadowing to something happening to Sprig's hate.

Antiyonder

Staff member
We have some fun bits here with the proposal,
The guy (Tyler) doing the proposal is voiced by Jeff Bennett another Garg voice in addition to Cree Summer having an upcoming role.

Weisman was asked about seeing the reference from True Colors and the DuckTales finale which he didn't see, but heard of and appreciated them.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
All right, I saw a new episode of Amphibia today, and what do I think of it?

The first half was "meh''. It was okay. It did feel like a Spiderman homage, but it was mildly amusing. Although, there's not much I can say about it. It's slightly better than Thai Fued, in my opinion, but that's not really saying much. I'll give it a 6.5 out of 10 stars. It was okay, but it didn't really do it for me.

The second half was really good. General Yunan and Lady Olivia teaming up to get Marcy back was fantastic. I love Olivia and Yunan's chemistry. They worked so well. It's so great to see Marcy again. Unfortunately, that didn't last that long since Andrias got "other" plans to do with her. Let's hope she survives in future episodes.

With that, I'll give it a 8 out of 10 stars. It's one hell of a good episode that does not disappoint me.

Last edited:

zoombie

Spider -Sprig

A cute little Spider Man parody. It does for shadow the city at the very least finding out about the Planters, which I think will happen in the mid season finale. But we will see. I know Polly is not very popular, I did like her little bits here being the movie critic.

I do have a theory here, I am not saying I predict and believe it, but would not surprise me. But perhaps Mary Jo is Sasha's sister. I guess that make the safety vigilante her grandpa. I have had thoughts and theories about Sasha's parents and family life, and non of it good, so who knows.

Olivia and Yunan

I really liked this episode, granted I was excited for it, it couldn't reach my expectations, but that is on me. I do feel for being the title characters, Olivia and Yunan does take a back seat to Marcy and King Andreas plans.

We get glimpse of everyone's past and backstory. We knew Olivia and Yunan were going to fail to rescue Marcy, so that is no surprise. So did Marcy fuse with Andreas master, or is that a third villain in his group?

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
I do have a theory here, I am not saying I predict and believe it, but would not surprise me. But perhaps Mary Jo is Sasha's sister. I guess that make the safety vigilante her grandpa. I have had thoughts and theories about Sasha's parents and family life, and non of it good, so who knows.
Oooooh. Now, do I think about it, that could be very very interesting.

Eurbane

I hope the season 3 ends with a faint to Anne Cause the previous finales has to do with the near faints of Sasha and marcy.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts