Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Someone on TVTropes provided another Twitter post of the promo, plus another:

SweetShop209

Yeah Melanie Minichino is using her Disney Junior announcer voice for these promos. I think I also heard this during a promo for one of the Zombies movies.

ShadowBeast

The first half was "meh". The whole doppleganger thing was a bit cliched for my liking, and did see the plot coming from a mile away, but at least the ending was nice even if it comes across as facepalm-worthy.
Still better than Spider-Sprig. The doppleganger at least fits into making Mr.X look like a fool. Which seems to be an obvious running gag with a secret agent or anyone trying to prove that aliens/mythical creatures/frog people exist. I wonder what the third and probably final trick that will completely ruin Mr.X's career will be?

The second half was....fine. Nothing too big or extraordinary happened, but it's fine. Though, not gonna lie, that blue haired girl looks pretty cute and I'm glad that she's part of Anne's allies. I hope she's played a major role in the series finale. Also, that blurred picture of The Owl House? I smell a crossover tease....
I loved the beginning with Anne's parents (seriously, we should've gotten more focus on the two families interacting), well mostly of Mrs. Boonchuy getting a taste of what Anne had been eating in Amphibia. Tiny Wally disagreeing with Anne was funny as well.

But we at least have some progress on how the Plantars will get home. Though, there's still the Olms riddle that Dr. Jan discovered, that needs addressing.

zoombie

Hollywood Hop Pop

An alright episode, I noticed each of the Planters have bonded and made friends independent of Anne. Sprig has Molly Jo, Polly has Ally and Jess, and now Hop Pop as this man.

Agent X does come off as a buffoon, makes me worry he is going to be stupid enough to try to form an alliance with King Andres.

This episode had some funny gags, like Anne being shocked about the fake accents.

Can You Give a Frog a Cookie

This might be one of the better Earth episodes we had. The Planters being so sad, and using that manipulate Anne doesn't make them look good. But I understand they are going through a lot. The mini Wartwood village, that remind me of the Smurfs.

I don't know if we need another human antagonist, we already have Agent X, we don't need another one. And I know Dr. Franks is stupid to get charmed and manipulated by King Andres should he choices to.

But I love Terri, her being voiced by Kate Mucci, I know she was going to be an ally. Kate rarely voices a bad guy, I am sure it has happened, but few and far between. I love her blue hair, she lost her job. But we have Dr. Jan, we have Ally and Jess, and now Terri, we are building a team of smart cool ladies.

So all and all a good episode. Though it seems of late, part B has been the better part of the episodes. At least the last two episodes have.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
...I'm sad to admit this. I really am. But the whole Marcy/Darcy situation has made me depressed and I'm 100% betting the Christmas special is going to make things worse. Marcy never deserved all of this. Especially since what she did wasn't even that bad compared to Sasha. I was really connecting with Marcy and the Amphibia crew took that away from me. I know Marcy might be freed from her possession, but the damage has already been done. Here I am rambling about a cartoon girl... I shouldn't be depressed over a cartoon, yet here I am. None of this would have happened if Disney Channel didn't allow Marcy getting stabbed.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Still better than Spider-Sprig.
Good point, but at least I find that episode better than Thai Fued.

I loved the beginning with Anne's parents (seriously, we should've gotten more focus on the two families interacting), well mostly of Mrs. Boonchuy getting a taste of what Anne had been eating in Amphibia. Tiny Wally disagreeing with Anne was funny as well.

But we at least have some progress on how the Plantars will get home. Though, there's still the Olms riddle that Dr. Jan discovered, that needs addressing.
And that's a good point, too.

Last edited:

glennbyrnes

Perhas Anne should hold off on getting the Planters back to Amphibia until they find a way to stop Andreas. He and his robots are waiting for them there.

Something tells me that we might not have seen the last of Dr. Franks.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
As I feared, nothing that happened THIS WEEK could top last week's brilliance that was "Olivia & Yunan". Both these segments were still superior to "Spider Sprig", which was HOT GARBAGE. (Something "Olivia & Yunan", with How High Tier (9/10, only let down, because we all know Marcy wasn't gonna be saved by them, despite their best efforts to actually do something right, in the form of beginning to help save Amphibia from a nutcase like Andrias besides helping Anne's closest thing to a best friend that Sasha failed to ever be!) that was, more than had to make up for on the fly!).

Both Segments this week were Mid High Tier (The first being a 7.5/10 - not bad, but not something to invest too much time or thought into, unless you wanna laugh and remind yourself IRL how FAKE Hollywood is, has always been, and always will be, of course. I'll also admit that Hop Pop at least ultimately comes off much more likable here in all this than Sprig ever was in the previous first segment of the previous episode, so that's also reflected in my scoring here.

The second, however, is an 8.5/10 (close to being High Tier, but let down by the Plantars acting out and coming off kinda punchable for such less than stellar behavior here. Oh, how close this comes to being an all-time series favorite episode of mine, personally in part to the two new characters it introduces and how they grew on me almost immediately without question, otherwise.).

I say all that simply because I hope we see Dr. Frakes again, crazy evil b-word that she is. I have a villains crush on her, now. What we've seen of her in this most recent episode better not be the last of her, dangit! Unlike Mr. X, SHE is an actual antagonist worthy of being weary of!!

Same with Terri; definitely a side character and new protagonist's ally/friend to Anne worth having - she proves it to me right outta her first appearance. Again, just one more human this better not be the last we see of, honestly.

As for Mr. X? Have Jenny, his assistant, replace his butt (and ultimately be a good guy who wants to help Anne get the Plantars home and ultimately stop Andrias and bring justice and some semblance of peace back to Amphibia ASAP, wishful thinking as all this sounds from me!).
Seriously, this guy just plain sucks. Something I'm sure we can all agree on by now, as well.

OKAY, TAKE CARE.

DOWN WITH ANDRIAS!

SUPPORT WARTWOOD.

JUSTICE & SUPPORT FOR YUNAN & OLIVIA.

Last edited:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
...I'm sad to admit this. I really am. But the whole Marcy/Darcy situation has made me depressed and I'm 100% betting the Christmas special is going to make things worse. Marcy never deserved all of this. Especially since what she did wasn't even that bad compared to Sasha. I was really connecting with Marcy and the Amphibia crew took that away from me. I know Marcy might be freed from her possession, but the damage has already been done. Here I am rambling about a cartoon girl... I shouldn't be depressed over a cartoon, yet here I am. None of this would have happened if Disney Channel didn't allow Marcy getting stabbed.
I definitely do understand how you feel and I love Marcy too. She's adorable.

But to be fair, I sort of understand why the crew's decision on Marcy. Check out this video below to give out the full context. (Timestamp is 40:22)

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member

According to an update, the next set of episodes is coming December 22.

Theagames10

According to an update, the next set of episodes is coming December 22.

Wait, 5 episodes on December 22nd, with the current first 5 episodes of S3 already on D+...

We are getting an exclusive "before TV airing" episode on D+???

I don't think that website is correct with Amphibia on D+. No other website has Amphibia listed for December, so...

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Wait, 5 episodes on December 22nd, with the current first 5 episodes of S3 already on D+...

We are getting an exclusive "before TV airing" episode on D+???

I don't think that website is correct with Amphibia on D+. No other website has Amphibia listed for December, so...
Is this particular site often incorrect?
That’s the official Disney website.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Here are my thoughts on the Amphibia Christmas Special and looking back on Season 3 so far.

The Christmas Special was actually pretty enjoyable. It was fun. It was sweet. It was heartwarming. Of course, King Andrias is back at it again trying kill Anne, but usually failed. I really like Anne's role here of trying to make a float for her parents. It was really cute. What's very interesting is that The Planters never heard of Christmas before. Which makes a lot of sense considering that Anne's world is completely different than Amphibia, and there are some holidays that the Planters are not familiar with. But then again, they may had celebrated something similar in Amphibia, but to be fair, it's been a while since I saw the first season.

The main highlight of this episode for me was, of course, the song. The song was so beautiful. Then again, this is Rebecca Sugar where talking about, so of course her songs are all always top-notch. Hell, she even made a cameo in this episode. That's incredible. As someone who do kinda enjoy Steven Universe for what it is (though I'm not a big fan or anything), it's great to see her again one last time.

As for the ending? I really love it. Anne has such a good heart. She send letters to Sasha and Marcy's parents to let them know that their daughters are fine, even if they didn't get to see each other again and living in Amphibia. Anne will find Sasha and Marcy and bring them back home. This pretty much set a teaser for the second half of Season 3.

Overall, I really do enjoy this special. Even though the jokes were a bit and miss for me, but everything else was really good. I'll give it a 8.9 out of 10 stars. It's one hell of a great Christmas special that you should go check it out.

Now that Amphibia is entering another hiatus, what are my thoughts looking back on Season 3 so far?

Well, as much as I hate to say this, but the first half of Season 3 was....underwhelming, in my opinion. I don't know why, but it had such a strong start, but as the season goes on, it kinda petered out. The season focused on the Anne's world a little too much. I get that this season wanted The Planters to adjust to Anne's world, and you can do that in small doses, but not to the point where you completely overshadowed on what the show supposed to be taking place in. Plus, we never get to see Sasha ruling Wartword for a while nor what happened with Marcy, and I actually do miss the Wartword and Newtopia and Sasha and Marcy (well pre-tyrant Andrias Newtopia anyway). Which is very disappointing.

On top of that, most of the episodes of Season 3 is a mixed bag. There are some good ones like the S3 premiere, Sasha focused episode, Annesterminator, and Olivia & Yunan. Some of them were meh/filler episodes like the Hop Pop Hollywood episode and the SpiderSprig episode. Other ones that were just bad and unnecessary like the Thai Fued episode and the Cat-sitting episode. Those I consider the worst.

Say what you will about the first two seasons, at least they had gotten consistently better and better better in each and every episode. Yeah, they're some bumps in the road, but it still remain consistently good. Season 3, while it had its moments, but it went off to a rocky start. I really really hope the second half of Season 3 proves me wrong and actually does improve in quality, but for now, I feel very underwhelmed.

Amphibia Season 1: 8.8 out of 10 stars=A great season

Amphibia Season 2: 9.7 out of 10 stars=Fantastic

For now, Amphibia Season 3 (so far): 6.9 out of 10 stars=It's average. Not horrible, but not good either. It's just could've been so much better than any right to be.

Alright, see ya in 2022, my froggy friends.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts