Animaniacs (2020) News & Discussion Thread

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
The creators must have well aware of the reaction a certain moment in Bun Control would have. :p

Meanwhile, I'm sure older anime fans would notice the Mazinger Z reference in the clip.

Toon Guy

Already better episodes than Season 1. Can't wait to see those 'rejected characters' in Episode 6, and how the Warners will tackle Christopher Columbus and Ben Franklin.

Last edited:

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
This looks like a far less political season than the first, so that's good news. Well, except for "Brain wants to become a dictator"- I could totally see that referencing current events.

Glad we'll be seeing more of Starbox & Cindy and Gnome!

Prgiordano

This looks like a far less political season than the first, so that's good news. Well, except for "Brain wants to become a dictator"- I could totally see that referencing current events.

Glad we'll be seeing more of Starbox & Cindy and Gnome!
Isn't that what Brain has been trying to do throughout the entire franchise (i.e. "trying to take over the world" = "become a dictator")?

cheril59

Pinky and the Brain get conjoined? Apparently this happened to Elmyra and the Brain in "Teleport-a-Friend".

zoombie

The failed Pinky and the Brain pilots, please let Larry be in one of them. As for the old adversary, could it be Snowball. I know his intelligence was removed, but a good villain is never defeated for good.

But no matter what, bring back Larry bring back Larry.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Isn't that what Brain has been trying to do throughout the entire franchise (i.e. "trying to take over the world" = "become a dictator")?
It was, but (without getting too political) the concept of dictators is making something of a comeback in certain countries in the last decade or so. I could see Brain finding inspiration in real life modern examples, which of course would be political. That's what I was referring to.

Toon Guy

Now this is gold! November 5th can't come any sooner. Still not big on the Korean animation, though.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts