Animation characters in Amusements

the greenman

World wide, just how many parks feature animation characters? I know a few in the US:

Kings Dominion= Virginia
Features mostly Hanna Barbera characters.

Six Flags= California
Features mostly WB owned characters from DC comics and Looney Tunes.

Knott's Berry Farms= California
Mostly the Peanuts characters.

Yogi Bears Jellystone Park= US/Canada
Features Yogi Bear characters.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
World wide, just how many parks feature animation characters? I know a few in the US:

Kings Dominion= Virginia
Features mostly Hanna Barbera characters.
Kings Dominion and Kings Island has had many characters in their history (H-B characters for most of the 20th Century, Nickelodeon during the Paramount years, Peanuts in recent years).

Six Flags= California
Features mostly WB owned characters from DC comics and Looney Tunes.
They also appear in the other Six Flags parks in the United States.

One more thing to add: back in the 1990's, Dorney Park in Pennsylvania had the Care Bears and Berenstain Bears.

the greenman

Kings Dominion and Kings Island has had many characters in their history (H-B characters for most of the 20th Century, Nickelodeon during the Paramount years, Peanuts in recent years).

They also appear in the other Six Flags parks in the United States.

One more thing to add: back in the 1990's, Dorney Park in Pennsylvania had the Care Bears and Berenstain Bears.
Wow thanks! Talk about a blast from the past. I remember Dorney Park. Never personally been there, but I remember the commercials from NYC.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I've only been to Universal once, back during my single digit days. It's a shame that I never went back after the Islands of Adventure were established. As a huge Hanna Barbera fan from birth, I really loved the old Funtastic World ride they had back then. It was just a motion simulator but I enjoyed them a lot. One of the last memories I have of Disney World was getting into a push-up contest with some friends and one of the little green army men from Toy Story.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

the greenman

I've only been to Universal once, back during my single digit days. It's a shame that I never went back after the Islands of Adventure were established. As a huge Hanna Barbera fan from birth, I really loved the old Funtastic World ride they had back then. It was just a motion simulator but I enjoyed them a lot. One of the last memories I have of Disney World was getting into a push-up contest with some friends and one of the little green army men from Toy Story.

You would've loved Kings Dominion. It was all HB related. I will post pic of old cup I have.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
There is a Cartoon Network waterpark in Thailand.

There is a Maya the Bee themed park in Poland: Majaland Krownaty. Czech Republic will also get one in 2021.

Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany have Plopsa amusement parks that star many TV characters from Studio 100: Maya the Bee, Vic the Viking, Tabaluga etc.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
You would've loved Kings Dominion. It was all HB related. I will post pic of old cup I have.

I spent a lot of time in Virginia, even spent a little school time there, but somehow I was never available during the family trips to King's Dominion. Just a few months ago, I was discussing this with relatives who were shocked as they remembered me going but the most I've ever seen were TV ads or a quick drive-by.

Pooky

Staff member
I know it's not the same, but there are some pretty good videos of the Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbers ride and pre-show on YouTube.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
I live near Michigan's Adventure, and some years back they were advertising having Camp Snoopy, with Snoopy Woodstock, and other Peanuts characters around.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts