Anyone else tired of the MCU?

It was fun at first but it really has been jumping the shark, Like Marvel/Disney only having the MCU Spider-Man made because of a deal with Sony just to lead up the multiverse and ruining chances of original MCU versions of Spider-Mans rogues gallery because they had to make really forced connections to the Sony's Spider-Man Universes with a big crossover. In a mid-credits scene of Far From Home, J. Jonah Jameson of TheDailyBugle.net broadcasts doctored footage of the London incident in which Beck frames Spider-Man for the drone attack and his death before exposing Spider-Man's secret identity to the world, than Peter Parker asking Dr. Stephen Strange to use magic to make his identity as Spider-Man a secret again following its public revelation. When the spell goes wrong, the multiverse is broken open which allows visitors from alternate realities to enter Parker's universe. The MCU handled Spider-Man very poorly and he was just a gimmick for a stupid multiverse lead up and nothing else.

The MCU Influences also gets tiresome, It has to be used on all of the Marvel media as nothing is unique anymore just to cash in on the movies.

Does anyone have MCU fatigue?, I mean it feels like everything is so over-saturated with MCU stuff. It’s hard to keep up as it's been going on sinse 2008 starting with Iron Man.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I was tired of it with the Marvel Television stuff. When I finally realized it couldn't possibly be canon (Agents of SHIELD utterly ignored the Snap, which is insane). The sooner I could knock garbage like Daredevil and Inhumans out of my head-canon the more comfortable I got with the MCU again. But I did get tired of Jeph Loeb's awful take at it. Feige's making rumblings that he's considering making that crap canon. If he does, the MCU probably loses me then.

the greenman

Yeah, it's going to be pretty hard to top the original MCU 2008-2019. The more they add, it doesn't quite hold up. I'll check things out, but wont be looking all that forward to them.

Though I am desperately curious to see how Feige handles the X-men/Mutants and FF.
Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Like Marvel/Disney only having the MCU Spider-Man made because of a deal with Sony

You do realize like 95% of any franchise movie is primarily made because of deals/attempts at profit right? Like yeah the best ones like No Way Home do have a story and ideals tied to them that obviously make them more then that but that's where especially for executives it starts. You can't act like the very reason a film is made is a bad thing when that's the case for so many other films. And in Spider Man's case regardless of whether or not he was in the MCU he was going to be made for profit reasons. Sony has to make a Spider Man movie at least once every 5 years or else they loose the rights to the property so not MCU or not we'd have Spider man movies.

just to lead up the multiverse and ruining chances of original MCU versions of Spider-Mans rogues gallery because they had to make really forced connections to the Sony's Spider-Man Universes with a big crossover.

They didn't have to make connections with the MCU Sony Marvels at all. Like seriously there were a lot of pitches for what No Way Home originally was and a fair amount of them didn't involve the multi verse. However when Marvel and Sony got to working with one another again they decided it would be the best fit for the story they wanted to tell. And quite honestly for those who wanted a fresh unique take on characters like Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin in the MCU... you weren't going to find them. Feige has now admitted they were never going to do those characters that were in previous Spider man movies in the MCU because of how other films handled them. They only did so with no Way Home getting to use those take on the characters and their actors again. That's why it's made clear within no way home there's no Otto Octavius or Norman Osbourn in the like in the MCU. So really I don't see the problem especially when most people enjoyed the film. No offense but you're part of a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy small minority that didn't skips the great.

The MCU Influences also gets tiresome, It has to be used on all of the Marvel media as nothing is unique anymore just to cash in on the movies.

Yeah you can tell elements from other comics and shows not even connected to the MCU use bits of it but

A. Anything that's successful is going to have imitators (remember how big Avatar opened which made everyone want to do 3D again even if that meant post conversion films not made for it)

B. If you're talking about all media "nothing is unique anymore" is a bald face lie and even within Marvel different opportuntiies have been taken you wouldn't of gotten with how successful the MCU is getting to launch so many characters that for the longest time were considered either C list or only someone comic fans knew. Seriously sans The X-Men, Spider Man and Hulk you could argue most comic book marvel heroes were very niche before the MCU where people like Iron man and even Guardians of the Galaxy aren't niche at all now.

Does anyone have MCU fatigue?, I mean it feels like everything is so over-saturated with MCU stuff. It’s hard to keep up as it's been going on sinse 2008 starting with Iron Man.

Honestly I don't have any problems keeping up. I mean it's only a couple of movies and now some shows a year. Like the comics were a lot harder to keep up with and be confused as to what was happening in them (more on that later) while with the shows and moveis it's very streamlined and easy to get into/caught up on what you need to know.

Feige's making rumblings that he's considering making that crap canon. If he does, the MCU probably loses me then.

Yeah the stuff specifically in Daredevil/Jessica Jones etc isn't ever going to be canon to the mainstream MCU. What's going to happen is that like we've seen in Hawkeye or No Way Home the characters and the actors playing them from those shows will reprise those roles but playing new takes on the character with new history and backstory. So that way you have the best elements of what people liked with those shows but not the stories attached to them which yeah can't be considered canon. Feige isn't using these characters within these universes to tell non canon stories especially since we have a multi verse now to explain that those shows took place in their own literal universe while the MCU takes place in it's own.

To be honest I'm not sick at all of the MCU and frankly though people have the right to be sick and not like whatever they wind up seeing, I do find it confusing when people say stuff like "The MCU needs to stop" and "why bother continuing on". Like even ignoring how much money the brand still clearly makes, you do know that these are based on comic book heroes and storyliens that have been going on for like decades upon decades with no sign of stopping. Seriously the main stream marvel comic continuity started in the 1960's and is STILL GOING because of the formula it wound up running with so why would the movies and shows if they found a successful formula stop working especially when they still have so many characters and ideas fans have wanted to see on the big or small screen for ages that now marvel can finally do.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yeah the stuff specifically in Daredevil/Jessica Jones etc isn't ever going to be canon to the mainstream MCU. What's going to happen is that like we've seen in Hawkeye or No Way Home the characters and the actors playing them from those shows will reprise those roles but playing new takes on the character with new history and backstory. So that way you have the best elements of what people liked with those shows but not the stories attached to them which yeah can't be considered canon. Feige isn't using these characters within these universes to tell non canon stories especially since we have a multi verse now to explain that those shows took place in their own literal universe while the MCU takes place in it's own.
That's what I hope Feige does. But I see these petitions being started to bring back Agents of SHIELD and make it canon and it makes me nervous. I don't mind keeping some of the actors. But the trashy stories need to go.

To be honest I'm not sick at all of the MCU and frankly though people have the right to be sick and not like whatever they wind up seeing, I do find it confusing when people say stuff like "The MCU needs to stop" and "why bother continuing on". Like even ignoring how much money the brand still clearly makes, you do know that these are based on comic book heroes and storyliens that have been going on for like decades upon decades with no sign of stopping. Seriously the main stream marvel comic continuity started in the 1960's and is STILL GOING because of the formula it wound up running with so why would the movies and shows if they found a successful formula stop working especially when they still have so many characters and ideas fans have wanted to see on the big or small screen for ages that now marvel can finally do.
To add to this, the MCU is (so far) Kevin Feige's vision. He has the right to continue it for as long as he needs to tell the story he planned. It's not like it's an unwieldy mess because a whole bunch of different creators have inserted a bunch of reboots and retcons. While the vision is still entirely his he should be allowed to tell it the way he chooses to.

Honestly I don't have any problems keeping up. I mean it's only a couple of movies and now some shows a year. Like the comics were a lot harder to keep up with and be confused as to what was happening in them (more on that later) while with the shows and moveis it's very streamlined and easy to get into/caught up on what you need to know.

I got bored of the MCU at the end of Phase 3, Thought about watching the later movies but it isn't worth continuing after Far From Home.

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
I am starting to get tired of "This is another secret society that has shaped human history for decades/centuries/millennia, but wasn't worth mentioning or showing until now." The Eternals really needs to be the last one of those.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
He has the right to continue it for as long as he needs to tell the story he planned. It's not like it's an unwieldy mess because a whole bunch of different creators have inserted a bunch of reboots and retcons. Since the vision is still entirely his he should be allowed to tell it the way he chooses to.
His universe is planned in so far as what can this project at this moment in production tease about the next one. It doesn't matter who reboots or retcons what because even that is a plot device.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
His universe is planned in so far as what can this project at this moment in production tease about the next one. It doesn't matter who reboots or retcons what because even that is a plot device.
That was not my understanding. I heard he plans Phases a few years ahead of time. I heard that he has planned material for until 2028. I heard that around five years ago. So yes, so far it's all a cohesive vision. I'll start ragging on it when it stops being that. It might eventually. It hasn't yet.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
That was not my understanding. I heard he plans Phases a few years ahead of time. I heard that he has planned material for until 2028. I heard that around five years ago. So yes, so far it's all a cohesive vision. I'll start ragging on it when it stops being that. It might eventually. It hasn't yet.
The movie slate I get since investors need to know, but the actual stories in relation to other stories don't come across as being planned that far back in advance beyond cursory trivia.

Moe

I don't have issue with MCU movies, so many are good and some are OK. You can watch almost all of MCU on Disney+, one of missing is Incredible Hulk because Disney doesn't own this movie, so it didn't transfer after Universal lost the IP rights for Hulk.

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I think Samuel L. Jackson being allowed to say MF as Nick Fury in the upcoming Deadpool movie would rejuvenate the MCU.

the greenman

Well, I believe Feige is also good at figuring out how to place things in his plan. I do not believe Black Widow was in his original plan. I think Johansson and fans wanted it. He may have already had plans to use Yelena, so this was the best way to go about it.

The Ant Man debacle was another one he fixed.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Not me....but keep in mind, I don't get tired of things easy. If I can watch over 800 One Piece episodes and over 500 Naruto episodes across 10+ years and not get bored of them, it'll probably take a while longer for the MCU....unless the quality majorly drops or something.

reflection01

Yep. The Infinity Saga was essentially one season of TV in movie form complete with a two part season finale and epilogue. Getting tired of it seems strange to me.

I don’t know how far in advance things are planned. I’ve heard both. I’ve heard that things are planned well in advance and also heard that the films are written kind of like comics where one writer or team tells their story and it’s up to the next one to pick it up from there.

For example, the Russos came up with the blip and everyone else has to integrate it into their stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never cared for Disney+ MCU What If...? series. that shows animation looks like it came from an Xbox One game Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series.

The stories are very bland.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Yep. The Infinity Saga was essentially one season of TV in movie form complete with a two part season finale and epilogue. Getting tired of it seems strange to me.
To others it was a series finale at least as far as whom you may have been invested in. Weird way to go, imho, but those characters have moved on from the franchise. And then the legacy characters are in even weirder situations to where you could question what is the continued investment for?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts