"Aquaman: King of Atlantis" Animated Trilogy (HBO Max) Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this series!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Aquaman: King Of Atlantis "Chapter One: Dead Sea"

I will concede that wasn't very good, but I still kind of dug it because it was unusual and unique.

I was shocked and pleased it turned out to be a kiddie cartoon. First DC one for HBO Max. I had expected a painful adult comedy.

Speaking of which, the hour-long runtime surprised me too. Hour-long cartoons are almost unheard of, and the one or two that happened before this were dramas. This is the first 45 minute length comedy cartoon. Most live-action comedies are a half-hour too.

I like Aquaman pointing out at the beginning that choosing the king shouldn't work like this. Frankly, I think this should go for Black Panther and Wakanda too.

Mera taking the moisture out of Arthur's face for her water attack was funny.

Bad things? The designs are TOO grotesque. Even compared to ThunderCats Roar the animation looks especially ugly. They could have used this exact script with animation that actually looked good. I don't get the appeal of this specific style and I think it greatly hurt things.

I'm not bowled over by this, but frankly I sort of like it for messing with every part of the DC toon formula. More cartoons should do that, whether I am bowled over with them or not. ***.

Aquaman: King Of Atlantis "Chapter Two: Primordeus"

That was not good. It pretty much decided me that I don't like the miniseries.

Who is it for? Kids? Did kids actually like ThunderCats Roar? I doubt it because if they did it wouldn't have been canceled so fast.

Honestly, this entire show is crap. **.

Aquaman: King Of Atlantis "Chapter Three: Tidal Shift"

Well, that was pointless. I should also mention that it wasn't funny. Which is the biggest reason it was pointless.

I went out of my way to be fair to the first two weeks and that was a mistake. It's not technically the worst modern era DC kiddie cartoon (that would be Shea Fontana's version of DC Super Hero Girls) but it's way down there. I am a bit shocked at how little I ultimately liked it. *.

SmileyToonatic

Saw bits and pieces of the Aquaman special on CN a few days back. It was alright. I was entertained throughout the duration of it though. It looked very similar to Thundercats Roar, although, I feel like the style worked a lot better here.

Didn’t see the new Teen Titans Go after it. I have to get back to it since I have it recorded on my DVR. Overall, that was a fun Aquaman night. :)

reflection01

I finally watched it tonight because it’s leaving the service. It was fine enough. Not my style but not something I’d refuse to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts