Are there any lawyers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have to go see mine tomorrow but he doesn't know it yet. He'll be "busy" and we'll have to do an appointment later in the week. I got CANNED Monday because some corporate level jerk at Scholastic Bookfairs saw my file on a computer screen and decided I couldn't work there anymore. That's in bold in case you're reading you ignorant seat shiner.

I'd been there for 4 months, everybody liked me, I was recognized at the kickoff meeting, and my real boss who was actually in the warehouse where we worked went to bat for me in this case in question before it was over. I was canned because my criminal report said I had a felony when I was a 21 year old boy (I'm 26 now and such luck...luck because it was an accident...is no longer in my life). It was settled and reduced to a misdameanor. Is it still suppossed to say felony on the background checks?

I can explain the story of the charge if necessary...

Master Moron

Most lawyers don't give legal advice to people who aren't their clients. This is because if they give you advice, and you take it and are hurt by it, then the lawyer could be held liable for malpractice despite the fact that you're not his or her client. In other words, I don't think you're going to find anybody on here who's willing to risk a lawsuit to help you out.

Captain Zechs

Those rules don't apply on a public board, Master. I'd say to refer to Willie, but he is currently busy with stuff, but if you are going to see your lawyer anyways, why do you need to talk to one here? I'm not sure this is the best place to ask such questions.

I was just wondering. Like I'd take action on any advice given by someone whose not my lawyer?

Wound to tight are we? I posted it just because I was wondering and wasn't doing anything else.

Tenku

D-don't come any closer!
Hoo boy.

First off, this is a blog post as it is personal, and unfortunately it's not allowed on the Cafe. And, as others have said, I don't think you're going to find a lawyer here, but since you're going to see one anyway, the thread's point is really moot.

Good luck on sorting the situation out.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

2016 was really a year that Internet went to hell and was never same again.
The official Belgian passport will soon have Smurfs, Marsupilamis, Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke and other Belgian comic book characters on it.
what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.

Featured Posts