"Armor Wars" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
armorwars.jpg

Armor Wars, based on the classic Marvel comic series, comes to Disney+ starring Don Cheadle as James Rhodes aka War Machine who must face what happens when Tony Stark’s tech falls into the wrong hands.

1/21/11: Don Cheadle mentions the War Machine movie is in development and thinks a writer was hired.

2/18/18: There was almost a War Machine movie. After Iron Man 2, it was considered. Joe Robert Cole did a pitch and got hired to write the script but they ultimately went with Iron Man 3 instead and Cole went into the writing program.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
There was almost a War Machine movie. After Iron Man 2, it was considered. Joe Robert Cole did a pitch and got hired to write the script but they ultimately went with Iron Man 3 instead and Cole went into the writing program.
Interesting. It also probably would've been the first proper "spinoff" movie from a Marvel Studios solo film :).

Kinda feel bad for Rhodey though :sweat:.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
News from the Investor's Day event. (Will edit this as more info comes out)

New series announced/confirmed-
Armor Wars starring War Machine.

Frontier

Staff member
News from the Investor's Day event. (Will edit this as more info comes out)

New series announced/confirmed-
Armor Wars starring War Machine.
I'm not sure how I feel about doing Armor Wars about Iron Man, but I'm happy Rhodey is finally getting his due in a leading role, and this is continuing Tony's legacy. I wonder if we'll see the return of Justin Hammer and the debut of some Iron Man villains they never did in the movies (like Titanium Man) :D?

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I feel like Rhodey was the only character who didn't have his own movie/series, so good on him.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah Armor Wars is the big surprise main series we haven't really heard anything about. But makes sense since yeah if I were Don Cheadle and heard literally every other supporting player in the MCU was getting their own series I'd be asking where was mine as well so glad they are giving him one. Curious though what exactly that is other then dealing with more Tony Stark fallout.

Greg91

Reporter
The Armor Wars story getting adapted into a show is incredible. I can't wait to finally see War Machine in a leading role. Hopefully Friday can help Rhodey if he needs to build a new suit of armor or repair an old suit. I could see Happy, Justin Hammer and even Pepper appearing as well.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Ironheart and Armor Wars are pretty pleasant surprises. I'm more interested in the latter to be honest. :)

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if they'll have Rhodey's hunt to take down other armored characters go as off the rails as Tony's to where he starts taking out individuals completely unrelated...and if they'll include an Avenger character to try and rein him in. Maybe use Sam instead of Steve :confused:?

the greenman

I wonder if they'll have Rhodey's hunt to take down other armored characters go as off the rails as Tony's to where he starts taking out individuals completely unrelated...and if they'll include an Avenger character to try and rein him in. Maybe use Sam instead of Steve :confused:?
I also can't really imagine this without some appearance from Hammer.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, would Rhodey officially become the next Iron Man in the finale of Armor Wars?

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm, would Rhodey officially become the next Iron Man in the finale of Armor Wars?
I think it could go a variety of ways. Ironheart is supposed to be the "direct" successor to Tony thematically, but War Machine is probably poised to be the main Iron person with Tony gone, but I don't think he'd want to take Tony's place or try to stop be War Machine.

Granted, Rhodey has been Iron Man before, and it would mirror Sam and the Captain America identity...but I wouldn't assume it's a sure thing.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I think it could go a variety of ways. Ironheart is supposed to be the "direct" successor to Tony thematically, but War Machine is probably poised to be the main Iron person with Tony gone, but I don't think he'd want to take Tony's place or try to stop be War Machine.

Granted, Rhodey has been Iron Man before, and it would mirror Sam and the Captain America identity...but I wouldn't assume it's a sure thing.
Plus, we barely get War Machine. His development as Iron Patriot was as brief as someone else wearing that suit. And then he just shows up in a new Iron Patriot suit at the end of Endgame. I get that the MCU couldn't spend more time on Civil War because of the various cosmic stuff, but it's not too late to have Rhodes be the guy in charge of new hero recruits - whether that's for the next generation or the West Coast.

Frontier

Staff member
Don Cheadle may guest star in Falcon and Winter Soldier:
Considering Rhodey's role in the government, this doesn't surprise me. I wonder if this might also set up Armor Wars...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Considering Rhodey's role in the government, this doesn't surprise me. I wonder if this might also set up Armor Wars...
The U.S. government made their own Cap in TF&TWS, makes sense they might want their own Iron Man. And it could up that thread from IM2 with other countries trying to make their own.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
The U.S. government made their own Cap in TF&TWS, makes sense they might want their own Iron Man. And it could up that thread from IM2 with other countries trying to make their own.
The return of the Iron Patriot, courtesy of OsCorp :p?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts