Arthur is Ending

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I had a great attachment to Arthur as a kid, I even had both an Arthur and D.W plush toy. It always surprises me when people mention PBS as the place for kids without cable to watch stuff, I had cable, and had originally 3 , later 2 PBS stations and they were part of my time as much as Nickeloden, Disney Channel , and Cartoon Network. Anyway, back to Arthur. I've also kept up on the show over the time, even would watch sometimes just because it was on and there's something fun about it.
I even know about how some feel about the I guess, the flash seasons, but the show still felt alright then, I think it's more werid because the show was in modern times and it felt off, "The Simpsons" is the way. I think for a show that ran so long, it never had a crash in quality, Marc Brown was always part of the show , maybe that helped. ( It's kind of funny, it's the only long running animated show where I can watch a later season and be pleased, it's hard for me to do that with some other shows. )

Anyway, I watched the final season come out today ,and the episodes were pretty fun and the show ended alright. It is kind of sad it's ending but we have about 500 episodes of fun and the marathon this past week was fun to have . I'm glad the show will stil rerun as long as WGBH and PBS is intersted, I would buy a entire seires box set if they did one. (That should be a donation thing or something, I'll do it !)

There is also one problem, that PBS hasn't seemed to been making more programs for older kids, they used to do that, and that's what the very lightly remembered PBS Kids GO! was trying to do, I do hope they will try to find programming that does hit the "Word Girl" , "Arthur" spot.

I'm glad Arthur existed it was a fun series and was glad to see many in general having fond memories of it.

Last edited:

Moe

I remembered about Arthur when watched this show at audiology's waiting room in 1996 and I was wait for reprogram my new cochlear implant (it wasn't my decision, so it was my parents forced me to got CI). After audiologist remapped my CI and she told to watch Arthur to see if I understand but sound quality wasn't clear, so audiologist tried to remapped again. I had too many remap, so eventually, I decided to give up the CI after went to deaf school. As for me, I'm not fan of CI but they were awful loud, even in quiet area like library and it has with my sensitive sounds. Many years later, I started to have painful headache and turned out that my internal implant was defective with a lot of statics, so it had to surgically removed in 2017 and funny, I still have Arthur in my mind.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts