Arthur is Ending

Asa

I’m wondering if the series finale will have some sort of epilogue feel to it (like Adventure Time, My Little Pony, and OK K.O.) since the title of the final episode is “All Grown Up” (not to be confused for the Rugrats spin-off of the same name).

kanc

I never knew that Arthur was still continuing in 2010sh.. then around 2019 I rewatched Arthur, and wow the show is going to be ending....

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Wow. It's one of those shows that you kind of take for granted because of how long it's been airing, but I still maintain that, at it's best, it was a genuinely good series - not just good for a PBS Kids cartoon, but actually good, with likable characters, clever writing that didn't talk down to it's audience, and a charming atmosphere.

I hope it has an ending worthy of it.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I didn't really grow up with Arthur. I'd read a few of the books and played one of the PC games as a kid, but I was way out of PBS' demographic by the time the cartoon premiered, so I never really watched it.

I have to say, I'm really impressed at how long this show lasted. To think that this simple show would last longer than South Park (EDIT: at least, before the 30-season deal was announced) is no easy feat. Congrats to the team for keeping it going for 25 seasons.

Last edited:

5YearsOnEastCoast

I didn't saw Arthur in a long time. But I do admit it was a good shows. I found characters enjoyable and it was quite clever and a bunch of memorable quotes (not to mention a great source of memes). And hey this is the longest running cartoon children's show (for now at least). I mean it lasted quarter of the century and it had 200+ episodes. A lot of cartoons don't last even fraction of it.

Cave-Cat-87

I stopped watching "Arthur" around 2003-2004, because we moved to a new place, and when we got TV again, we didn't get PBS anymore. Then around a little over a month ago, we switched from DirecTV to Dish and we got PBS again, but I've moved on from watching "Arthur" since then. But anyway, I'm glad that the show is finally ending, now if only the same would be true for "The Simpsons" and "SpongeBob SquarePants".

Sam the Cartoonist

Arthur was one of the few PBS Kids shows I grew up with that I continued watching even into my adolescence up until now, albeit more sporadically these days. I suppose now would be the best time to rewatch some old classics and newer episodes I missed out on. When a show (especially a cartoon) has been running for as long as this, it's pretty shocking to hear it ending all of the sudden.

Arthur is ending?, well maybe something new can replace it for the future on PBS.
I'm sure a lot of PBS stations will continue rerunning the show for a while since there will be over 253 episodes worth of content.

powerjake

Banned
I'm sure a lot of PBS stations will continue rerunning the show for a while since there will be over 253 episodes worth of content.

That makes sense as PBS can continue rerunning the show anytime during the week. Unless your saying they are making a sequel called "Arthur Z" about Arthur and his son.

Eldorado

I’m wondering if the series finale will have some sort of epilogue feel to it (like Adventure Time, My Little Pony, and OK K.O.) since the title of the final episode is “All Grown Up” (not to be confused for the Rugrats spin-off of the same name).
I read the title weeks ago and I knew that could only mean the show is coming to an end.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I watched Arthur quite a bit in elementary school in the early 2000’s, I also read the books at the library and played a PC Arthur game. In recent years I noticed how it frequently deals with topics like Aspergers Syndrome which is what I have. This show is far from perfect though as some of the morals tended to be too forced for my liking and some characters like D.W. were too annoying. Still I appreciate some episodes like “That’s a Baby Show” that says it’s okay to like a show you are too old for. I also seen the spin-off Postcards from Buster which I hardly remember anything about, I thought it was meh but still one of the less crap spin-off shows I’ve seen.

I haven’t regularly watched Arthur since the mid-2000’s when I stopped watching PBS Kids but wow it lasted longer than I thought. Since then I progressively forgotten Arthur was still being made because in contrast unlike Nick with SpongeBob, PBS seemed to be losing interest in Arthur year after year as evident by the decrease in episodes in the later seasons, the switch to flash animation, and PBS not airing or promoting it like they used too. I also used to see a lot of Arthur Merchandise but I haven’t seen any in over a decade. I really appreciate that even though PBS Kids has several long running cash cow series they still take risks by having variety and giving equal treatment to most of their newer shows.

I saw the final episode and by my standards it was unremarkable to put it lightly. Arthur and his friends are told about their future and show a brief timeskip of them grown up. But really I wasn’t expecting much being an educational sitcom, there was no way they were going to go out with the bang that Regular Show did. Arthur lasted 25 years and so much has changed in animation since then. I miss when Arthur was made in traditional animation as opposed to flash and while I don’t think Arthur went downhill nearly as much as Simpsons, Family Guy, and SpongeBob among others, I’m honestly glad that it ended. Goodbye and Good Riddance.

SG-17

I only watched Arthur a little bit back in the late 90s/early 00s. I had cable growing up so I was a Nick kid first, CN kid second.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts