AS Losing Nearly All of Their Fox Shows...and Getting Them Back

wjbraden

According to some recent grid updates, it appears King of the Hill has been completely removed from all of its usual slot on June 30th and July 1st, being replaced by extra reruns of the Cleveland Show and Bob's Burgers. Though the grids haven't been updated past July 1st yet, I'm getting the feeling that [as]'s rights to the show may have lapsed, but we'll see for sure once we get some new schedules.

Update September 10: The Cleveland Show has also left. It and KOTH both now air on Comedy Central.

Update April 8, 2019: They're losing Family Guy in 2021 and Bob's Burgers until 2023. All that's left is American Dad, and its fate remains uncertain.

Update September 4, 2021: Family Guy leaves September 18.

Update November 22, 2021: King of the Hill... came back?!

Update December 12, 2021: Futurama is returning on December 27!

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
I'm disappointed that that's what AS does when King of the Hill is gone. More of The Cleveland Show? Has anyone ever asked for that? They should put something like The Brak Show, Harvey Birdman, Home Movies, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, or The Venture Bros. in that slot. Or perhaps do a nice rotation every night through their older originals that haven't seen the light of day in a while?

jaylop97

Staff member
King of the Hill is one of the more family friendly shows on Adult Swim, it was a good way to separate the CN viewers with the AS viewers while being gentle.

It definitely will be a shame to see KotH go from the schedule, it has a lot of episodes for reruns and it is one of the few non McFarlane Fox shows that had a good run.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I would be sad if King of the Hill is gone, since no one else seems to air it and the show also doesn't have any streaming (I do have some seasons on DVD though) . Also. for more Cleveland Show, nooooooo! I'd rather have a double of Bob's Burgers than that. (I do like Bob's Burgers)

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I would be sad if King of the Hill is gone, since no one else seems to air it and the show also doesn't have any streaming (I do have some seasons on DVD though).
Yeah, I noticed very recently that the show was completely purged off digital distribution (apparently well over a year ago too, after a little searching). I have no idea what that's about.

But yes, the DVD sets (especially the early seasons) are fairly easy to obtain if you look on Amazon or Ebay.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Yeah, I noticed very recently that the show was completely purged off digital distribution (apparently well over a year ago too, after a little searching). I have no idea what that's about.

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd check the show on Adult Swim's website. The final season is up there, but that's it.
Has KOTH's streaming always (or at least recently) been this limited on the website? I rarely go on there, so I'm not sure.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Out of curiosity, I thought I'd check the show on Adult Swim's website. The final season is up there, but that's it.
Has KOTH's streaming always (or at least recently) been this limited on the website? I rarely go on there, so I'm not sure.
I believe so. Though I've been there equally as rarely, so I might be wrong.

wjbraden

If KOTH really is leaving, I think it would be really wise to stick Dragon Ball Kai + Super reruns in the 8:00 weekday slot. Not only Dragon Ball proven to have good replay numbers (when it aired at 8-9pm on Saturdays), but it would a great transition from Cartoon Network show like KOTH. Even if AS only has the rights to the Final chapters and Super, that over a 120+ episode backlog they're sitting on. Seriously, I think it's time for some weeknight anime again, we really dont need 3 hours of primetime devoted to MacFarlane shows, do we?

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
They put the recent episodes they've aired on the website and on demand then switch out they've never had the whole series on there.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't want it completely removed...heck, that'd be the end of an Adult Swim era (going back to January 2009, that's how long KotH has been on Adult Swim). I just wanted it moved from being the starting episode each night.

And I sure don't want The Cleveland Show to replace it.

I'd rather they do reruns of Samurai Jack (all seasons, 1 thru 5) in that timeslot...or do weekday "Dragon Ball Super" or weekday "Naruto Shippuden".

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
My Cable guide still shows it on July 2nd , but not on it's normal double airing on Sunday the 1st.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
My Cable guide still shows it on July 2nd , but not on it's normal double airing on Sunday the 1st.
Does the one on July 2 have a generic description about the whole show instead of an episode? If so, that’s blank placeholder. I don’t think the schedule past July 1 has been released yet.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Does the one on July 2 have a generic description about the whole show instead of an episode? If so, that’s blank placeholder. I don’t think the schedule past July 1 has been released yet.
The whole Cartoon Network does that day so I guess it hasn't been updated that far yet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts