Babylon 5 reboot News & Discussion Thread

the greenman

A Babylon 5 reboot is in the works from series creator JM Straczynski for . . . The CW.

I recently caught up with revisiting this series (though at the time I barely watched it. Probably cause I was more into other stuff.) I was actually going to do a talkback thread, but life happens quickly. I am interested in this, especially if original creator is on board. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Pooky

Staff member
Seems like a weird and kind of pointless thing to do with a serialized TV show that saw its story through to completion, but if Straczynski wants to do it with his own creation who am I to say he shouldn't?

the greenman

Seems like a weird and kind of pointless thing to do with a serialized TV show that saw its story through to completion, but if Straczynski wants to do it with his own creation who am I to say he shouldn't?
My interest was raised until I got to the part that it will be for the CW. I just remember when TNT wanted to sex up B5 Crusade and feel like CW will want the same for this reboot.
I agree on both of your statements. Though the one thing I imagine they wanted to do is reexamining this with better special effects. I mean, I only made it to episode two of my rewatching, and could feel the pain of the sfx.

Wounded_Dragon

I agree on both of your statements. Though the one thing I imagine they wanted to do is reexamining this with better special effects. I mean, I only made it to episode two of my rewatching, and could feel the pain of the sfx.

Have you seen the remastered version or were you watching the old DVDs?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
While I'm happy that JMS will be doing the B5 reboot, I'm unsure about it being on The CW, given that I was hoping that it would be on HBO Max much like how the recent shows from both Star Trek and Star Wars on Paramount+ and Disney+ respectively.

the greenman

Have you seen the remastered version or were you watching the old DVDs?
Uh, honestly they were better, but still not all that enticing to look at.
While I'm happy that JMS will be doing the B5 reboot, I'm unsure about it being on The CW, given that I was hoping that it would be on HBO Max much like how the recent shows from both Star Trek and Star Wars on Paramount+ and Disney+ respectively.
Yeah, CW is kinda strange for something like that. Maybe that was just in the deal.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts