"Batman: Caped Crusader (Amazon Prime)" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
When I hear of a projects information being put on IMDb before it's released anywhere else, I always get skeptical about it. I'm just remembering over 10 years ago when I would see new animated series with no announced cast having about four entirely different cast listings switched around on IMDb within a week, and I just couldn't understand the drive behind putting out this fake information. Is it wishful thinking and they hope that this influences the casting choice? Is it just wanting to get one over on everyone else?
I guess it's the vein of the same mentality as review bombing there or on other sites like Rotten Tomatoes.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I thought ''Brook Chalmers as Alfred Pennyworth'' could have has some truth to it, because its such a strange pull. I guess not.

I mean, who on earth is the Brook Chalmers fanatic that would attach his name to the project?

People can be weird.

the greenman

Also fyi someone put fake info on the imdb cast. Tucker confirms with a "Yea I don’t know what compels people to lie on sites like IMDB" reply.
When I hear of a projects information being put on IMDb before it's released anywhere else, I always get skeptical about it. I'm just remembering over 10 years ago when I would see new animated series with no announced cast having about four entirely different cast listings switched around on IMDb within a week, and I just couldn't understand the drive behind putting out this fake information. Is it wishful thinking and they hope that this influences the casting choice? Is it just wanting to get one over on everyone else?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It's odd, because nowadays they only allow industry professionals alter things. So perhaps it was deliberate.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

It's odd, because nowadays they only allow industry professionals alter things. So perhaps it was deliberate.

Are you sure about that? I think you might have fallen for a popular myth. I do not subscribe to IMDb Pro, but I submit info and corrections fairly frequently and largely get them accepted. I also include my sources.

Otaku-sempai

I even tried before myself, to no avail.

I don't know what to tell you. I've got submissions in the system right now. Two were immediately accepted, another two are pending. Things like actor corrections/additions need to be pretty-well referenced to be easily accepted.

Frontier

Staff member
Rumored episode titles for season 1:

They come from this website, but who knows if they are real/accurate.
Those titles seem so pulpy, I love it. Especially "Kiss of the Catwoman" :D.

"Nocturne" - Are they finally doing the Nocturna episode they always wanted to do in B:TAS ;)?
It would feel kind of weird having another two-part Two-Face story.
Especially because we've seen Harvey turn into Two-Face like a dozen times now.

I mean, the last main Batman cartoon ended with a Two-Face origin and it's barely been a year since we got two movies that were basically a Two-Face origin movie :p.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Those titles seem so pulpy, I love it. Especially "Kiss of the Catwoman" :D.

"Nocturne" - Are they finally doing the Nocturna episode they always wanted to do in B:TAS ;)?
Hmm. These are intriguing. But then yeah, a Two-Face 2 parter. Wonder if fake titles were planted on purpose.

I mean, the last main Batman cartoon ended with a Two-Face origin and it's barely been a year since we got two movies that were basically a Two-Face origin movie :p.
Maybe it's him turning back into Harvey Dent. :p

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Rumored episode titles for season 1:

They come from this website, but who knows if they are real/accurate.
Assuming these are the real titles, I dig them. They feel pulpy and exciting, especially "Kiss of the Catwoman" and "Night of the Hunters". "Night Ride" feels like it could be the Montoya episode and "Nocturne" may be a Nocturna episode? That would be cool, at least.

I wonder how they'll handle Two-Face, if he is coming. B:TAS did a pretty iconic take on the character and his origin and Beware did something different by making him a recurring antagonist even before becoming a supervillain. I'm intrigued, at least.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder how they'll handle Two-Face, if he is coming. B:TAS did a pretty iconic take on the character and his origin and Beware did something different by making him a recurring antagonist even before becoming a supervillain. I'm intrigued, at least.
And there's also the Black & White short story that Timm did for Two-Face but no way that would be 1:1 adapted for this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts