"Batman: Caped Crusader (Amazon Prime)" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't even know, but from the looks of it and how they're talking about it, Don't be surprised if it is TV-PG-V, but they did say it was gonna be more mature so I wouldn't be surprised if it was TV-14.

If it gets the PG-14 rating than it should go to Adult Swim.

Otakuninja2006

If it gets the PG-14 rating than it should go to Adult Swim.
Why? Appearently Cartoon Network is being more mature and for everyone again. They said it'll air on ACME Night. I'd morely prefer for it to air in a new action block.

And why the hell would Warner Bros. Jesus Christ forbid, ACTUALLY SUPPORT TOONAMI OUTSIDE OF FORCING THEM TO PRE-EMPT THEIR LINEUP FOR SEVERAL WEEKS TO AIR DC ANIMATED MOVIES, WHICH COULD JUST AS DAMN EASY AIR ON CARTOON NETWORK?

Why? Appearently Cartoon Network is being more mature and for everyone again. They said it'll air on ACME Night. I'd morely prefer for it to air in a new action block.

Caped Crusader better have justice on the new action block. last time Johnny Test was added to an action block and counted as an action show years ago.

So will Batman finaly get respect this time and go beyond 26 episodes?.

Otakuninja2006

Caped Crusader better have justice on the new action block. last time Johnny Test was added to an action block and counted as an action show years ago.

So will Batman finaly get respect this time and go beyond 26 episodes?.
I said to "A action block" they don't have one planned right now, but they do need one if they're gonna bring action back.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It was mentioned the first season will have 10 episodes, so the show would need at least 3 seasons to get past 26. Unless production order is higher and they're planning on only releasing batches of 10 episodes every once in a while as they do with more animated projects these days.

It was mentioned the first season will have 10 episodes, so the show would need at least 3 seasons to get past 26. Unless production order is higher and they're planning on only releasing batches of 10 episodes every once in a while as they do with more animated projects these days.

10 episodes?, I hope Caped Crusader can survive past 26. Check out the examples of how the other Batman cartoons survived.

Batman.TAS: 109 Episodes plus movie trilogy
Batman Beyond: 52 episodes and one movie
The Batman (2004): 65 episodes and one movie
Batman The Brave and the Bold: 65 episodes, if you count the Scooby Doo crossover movie
Beware The Batman: 26 episodes

JonnyQuest037

DCAU Historian
Yeah, I'm not all that sure why the studios steer clear of the gangs in general.
I wonder if it could be that mobsters and gang members are just too close to real life for the shows to use them. The networks tend to be gun-shy about things that are too close to real life situations in cartoons.

I think it's a "bang" factor. The studios want flashy villains. Guys in suits isn't where the big money is.
Yeah, that's probably the real answer. People are just plain more excited to see the Joker or Two-Face than Boss Thorne or Roland Daggett.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
The other thing about mobsters & gangsters is that they're more calculated & behind the scenes (discover those real-life antics in overdue documentaries) than the domestic terrorists that go up against Batman...which is weird when "fantasy violence" is the tried-and-true disclaimer as the more colorful villains display a wider range of attempting mass murder (just this past week that was the headline for such an event out in NYC).

Road to Gotham

I am surprised Lew Moxon hasn't been used that often. Only appearance that I recall was in B:TB&TB.
He was important part of the Pre Crisis Batman mythos.

1650407724241.png

JonnyQuest037

DCAU Historian
I am surprised Lew Moxon hasn't been used that often. Only appearance that I recall was in B:TB&TB.
He was important part of the Pre Crisis Batman mythos.

View attachment 296025
AFAIK, I don't think Moxon was used again until Len Wein's Untold Legend of the Batman miniseries in 1980. The DC Database only lists 13 appearances for him total, counting reprints:

So not that important in the grand scheme of things, probably because it was just simpler not to mention him when recapping Batman's origin.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It probably depends on when they started production, but I assume that the show is far enough in production that they wouldn't really cancel it. Now, whether there will be more episodes or not is up in the air, but I think the series will still be made.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
It is still WAY too early for any official look at this show... but it would be nice if Register dropped some more info about it on the main panel he is moderating. The voice of Bats and a new image would be cool:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It is still WAY too early for any official look at this show... but it would be nice if Register dropped some more info about it on the main panel he is moderating. The voice of Bats and a new image would be cool:

The reason we know about it at all is because Kevin Smith couldn't keep his fool mouth shut and put out bad information about a BTAS relaunch that was utter b.s.. This show probably wasn't meant to be revealed for another couple of years but Smith ruined it.

As far as I'm concerned, they owe us nothing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts