Batman: The Brave and The Bold "Triumvirate of Terror!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - Batman: The Brave and The Bold

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those interested, Series Producer James Tucker discusses this episode here.

Dusty

Superman.
I really really enjoyed this episode, and I will miss this show immensely, (funny thing is I didn't start out as a ginormous fan of the show, but it has really grown on me.) I really wish WB would ask James Tucker to do more BATB but as a trinity show in the style of BATB, or have alternating heroes, not just Batman in every episode, (not that that is a bad thing, we just need more of James Tuckers take on all the other DC characters,) Though again i still would love a BATB trinity show. Anyways i will post a longer reply later as I am already up way past my bedtime, lol. But one of my favorite things about this episode is how Mr. Tucker got Superman right, (he usually has gotten Superman's character a tad more than Mr. Timm IMO) but wait! BT still rocks! ;) One thing i really liked was how Mr. Tucker and Co. made superman immortal in this episode, (that's how I have always imagined Superman: being immortal) though I am puzzled as to why WW wasn't immortal, I thought she has always been immortal in the comics and shows, anyways I'll have more to say about this episode later, i am starting to ramble lol, goodnight. :)

D.

Anthonynotes

I really really enjoyed this episode, and I will miss this show immensely, (funny thing is I didn't start out as a ginormous fan of the show, but it has really grown on me.) I really wish WB would ask James Tucker to do more BATB but as a trinity show in the style of BATB, or have alternating heroes, not just Batman in every episode, (not that that is a bad thing, we just need more of James Tuckers take on all the other DC characters,) Though again i still would love a BATB trinity show. Anyways i will post a longer reply later as I am already up way past my bedtime, lol. But one of my favorite things about this episode is how Mr. Tucker got Superman right, (he usually has gotten Superman's character a tad more than Mr. Timm IMO) but wait! BT still rocks! ;) One thing i really liked was how Mr. Tucker and Co. made superman immortal in this episode, (that's how I have always imagined Superman: being immortal) though I am puzzled as to why WW wasn't immortal, I thought she has always been immortal in the comics and shows, anyways I'll have more to say about this episode later, i am starting to ramble lol, goodnight. :)

D.

In some continuities, Wonder Woman lost her immortality by leaving Paradise Island for "Man's World" to become Wonder Woman. Thus maybe why she's aged here. Superman being long-lived or aging like us has also varied over time/continuity...

Dusty

Superman.
Thanks, I knew about the Superman thing, how it was always the writers choice on whether or not he was immortal, but I had forgotten about the whole WW thing, (I heard about that story of hers some time ago, actually a long time ago, heh heh, and I am not an avid WW comic reader so I don't everything about her.) But thanks for the info though. :)
Now back on topic: I really loved this episode I thought the whole Alfred scene was hilarious, and while I still had a hard time believing Cheetah could take out Supes (even with a large and powerful amount of magic,) and that WW and all the Amazons were taken out by Joker... I still really loved this episode. Kudos to James Tucker and Co. :) I still really want more seasons of BATB or shows like BATB from Tucker and Co. curse you WB and your constant making of "New" Batman shows! ;)

D.

jkoolpe

My DVR didn't adjust for the time change so I missed this week's episode :( .

As far as I can tell, CN doesn't repeat it over the next week...if I'm wrong, please let me know as I'd like to see it of course.

Or does a streaming option exist on CN's website perhaps?

Thanks,

Jonathan

what happened!!!???

Why did CN change the time slot???

My dvr says 6 pm so now it's recording Generator rex!!!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
My DVR didn't adjust for the time change so I missed this week's episode :( .

As far as I can tell, CN doesn't repeat it over the next week...if I'm wrong, please let me know as I'd like to see it of course.

Or does a streaming option exist on CN's website perhaps?
No, CN doesn't repeat The Brave and The Bold nor Young Justice. Your best bet is wait for the DVD to come out or buy the episode for something like $1.99 on sites like Amazon or iTunes. CN used to stream the previous week's new episode on their site but lately it's been clips only. You can keep an eye out on their Batman subsite.

dmxx116

No, CN doesn't repeat The Brave and The Bold nor Young Justice. Your best bet is wait for the DVD to come out or buy the episode for something like $1.99 on sites like Amazon or iTunes. CN used to stream the previous week's new episode on their site but lately it's been clips only. You can keep an eye out on their Batman subsite.
If you have Kids on Demand on cable both shows are on their right now.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If you have Kids on Demand on cable both shows are on their right now.
Cool, thanks for mentioning that. I'm not familiar with it...after a search online on Time Warner...is it channel 1047? Seems to be available from 10/8 to 10/13.

jph139

Immortal
I have Comcast and yeah, they tend to put the last few weeks of the action shows On Demand for free. In HD, too; it's a pretty sweet deal.

Road to Gotham

The Baseball game opening teaser was a riot. :D

Main Story a Hoot, too.
Alfred dressed as Batman remined me of episode of the Live-Action 60's Batman show.
Joker sure has powerfull gas to knock out Amazons.
Good to see Vicki Vale again. Wish she had a line or two. Same for Steve Trevor.
Got the WW spin. YAY!!! :D
Prez, Cameo. WOW!
Too bad the rest of the Legion of Doom wasn't shown.

Legion472

Best Parts:

Legion of Doom was in it featuring Lex Luthor, Joker, Cheetah, Weather Wizard, Felix Faust and Amazo. Also seeing the Hall of Doom.

The teaser most of all was my favorite part because I saw lots of cameos.

Reference to Kingdom Come (quite possibly)

Also reminds me of past animation (Super Friends, DCAU, etc.)

Last thing, Was Robin Dick Grayson or Tim Drake? Did this episode come before Sidekicks Assemble or after?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last thing, Was Robin Dick Grayson or Tim Drake? Did this episode come before Sidekicks Assemble or after?
The teasers on most episodes don't have to take place at the same time as the main story so it looks like the teaser on this one takes place before "Sidekicks Assemble!" due to Dick's costume change at the end.

the greenman

Best Parts:

Legion of Doom was in it featuring Lex Luthor, Joker, Cheetah, Weather Wizard, Felix Faust and Amazo. Also seeing the Hall of Doom.

Ya know, that team of JL and LOD was interesting. Since those guys weren't necessarily counterparts.

We know the trinity.
Flash is Weather Wizard's.
Who would AMAZO and Faust go to? Booster Gold?

Also, your answer is kinda in the Tucker interview.

Bobbywoodhogan

I Will Find Him!
I love this episode including the fun opening, seeing the heroes having a burger was quite funny. Even though I doubt Cheetah could take down Superman the villains swapping heroes was alot of fun.

One complaint I would have liked to have seen more of the LOD but as James Tucker explained they had to cut out the shot of the LOD due to budget/time constraints.

Lastly, as a Superman fan I'd like to just say again how much I love that he has the yellow S at the back of his cape on this show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts