"Batwheels" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss the season!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Zoomsday

I liked Badcomputer, like us, did not think they could pull off the theft, lol. Badcomputer not being able to turn off was cute.

A new short I think aired between episodes, Wheelin' and Dealin' where Bam rushes off before Moe finishes tire install and he loses a tire while cleaning up after and stopping Prank's graffiti spree. A brief cameo of the Gotham Point Lighthouse from a past episode. Bam takes one for the Batman statue in Gotham Central Park.

Logline on zap2it was "After losing one of his wheels on his way to stop Prank, Bam comically attempts to replace his tire with all sorts of zany objects while chasing the prankster van around the city."

Rev and Let Rev

Hm, lot of Redbird-centric episodes lately. Not that that's bad or anything.

First mention of Bruce Wayne by name in the show?

Played up how agile Catwoman is. The stray cats scene was pretty funny.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Gina Rodriguez is basically just channeling Carmen Sandiego when playing Catwoman, but she nails the role.

Frontier

Staff member
Rev and Let Rev

I'm surprised no one pointed out that the stealth tech was obviously installed for the sake of crime-fighting and would probably be inconvenient in the field not to have, but they obviously weren't thinking that far ahead :p.

I've actually been where Robin was of not realizing where all the noise in my car was coming from :oops:.

It's interesting we had an episode with Robin and Catwoman instead of Batman and Catwoman. It makes me wonder how, if at all, they would handle the typical flirty interplay between Batman and Catwoman o_O.

It kind of looked like Catwoman had her whip before it turned out to be a rappel :ack:.

It is kind of funny that they had Gina Rodriguez, the modern voice of Carmen Sandiego, to voice probably the most famous female thief in fiction. And you can tell she was enjoying every second of it as Catwoman, who is as much the beautiful and athletic feline femme fatale as ever. And of course a purely villainous Catwoman has cat puns aplenty ;).

Leaving her dangling with the stuff she stole hanging right in front of her but beyond reach when the police show up was so savage :rolleyes2:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Batwheels "Zoomsday"

Snowy is back to being a villain, which is disappointing, but it seems at points that he's a reluctant one. However that is not entirely consistent, so only partial credit. ***.

Batwheels "Rev And Let Rev"

The toddler moral grated. I mean, it IS a show for toddlers, but still.

I am willing to bet I have written that exact review above hundreds of times before, maybe even for this show. But it feels like I've seen that specific episode hundreds of times before too. I'll save my originality in my reviews for actual new material. That's fair, right? *.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It's interesting we had an episode with Robin and Catwoman instead of Batman and Catwoman. It makes me wonder how, if at all, they would handle the typical flirty interplay between Batman and Catwoman o_O.
Odds are we'll see Batman and Catwoman in an episode and/or short. In this episode they said Catwoman broke into a penthouse downtown and stole a Siamese idol owned by Bruce Wayne. If Bruce owns anymore cat artifacts, odds are better. lol.

Frontier

Staff member
Odds are we'll see Batman and Catwoman in an episode and/or short. In this episode they said Catwoman broke into a penthouse downtown and stole a Siamese idol owned by Bruce Wayne. If Bruce owns anymore cat artifacts, odds are better. lol.
I would love for that and to see the female villains team-up for an episode :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
bathweels.jpg

Batwheels “Batcomputer for a Day”
Debut
- November 28, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network/Cartoonito

When Batcomputer shuts down for a system update, the other Batwheels must take over for her while aiding Batman in a battle against Harley Quinn.

Batwheels “Grass is Greener”
Debut
- November 28, 2022 at 10:15 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network/Cartoonito

MOE wants to know what it's like to be a member of the Batwheels, but the bot gets more than he bargained for when Bam invites him along for an exciting mission to stop Poison Ivy.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Batcomputer for a Day

Ok, so typical trope of Moe and Batwheels wouldn't be able to hold down the fort without Batcomputer but then they learn to deal. Uh, so I guess Harley's M.O. will be stealing trophies and awards on this show.

Grass is Greener

Nice to see Moe out on the field. And being able to improvise and quickly adapt a construction claw to Bam.

I hope Ivy's song doesn't get stuck in my head. But there was something hilarious about a giant corn cob chasing after Bam, I'll admit.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Batwheels "Batcomputer For A Day"

I considered it equal parts boring and inoffensive. When it comes to toddler shows, that boils down to a positive reception from me. ***.

Batwheels "Grass Is Greener"

I still love the bright and colorful animation in Gotham City. Poison Ivy's glowing design and plants in particular are eye-popping. ***1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
bathweels.jpg

Batwheels “Holidays On Ice”
Debut
- December 5, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network/Cartoonito
*Note: The episode is a half-hour special.

Frustrated by the Batwheels' distracting affinity for holiday festivities, Batwing decides to "go solo" to thwart Mr. Freeze's evil Christmas-time plots. However, Batwing and the Batwheels soon realize that stopping Mr. Freeze is much harder when they all aren't working together as a team.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Batwing plays the role of Scrooge, quits the team, learns about how friendship is the best present, saves the day (well thanks to Moe's Bat Heat-Ray). Did laugh at Batman saying he regrets he had to floss dance.

After the episode, they did air a new short "Interview with a Crime-Fighter" and if you don't want to wait until next week, "The Best Present in the World" is already up on CN's site but it's just a music video-type of short.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Batwheels "Holidays On Ice"

That was 22 minutes? That actually flew by. That's a compliment, by the way. Big time.

And I don't love the show. I can't pretend I do. But upon seeing the cute cartoons cars and trucks driving around the Batcave singing Christmas Carols my response was "DC needs more continuities like this, and fewer like Titans, Doom Patrol, and Peacemaker." If this sort of nice DC material were more common I could dismiss the show for being dumb. But it being nice is its biggest selling point. Why aren't more DC projects nice? The DCAU was nice. Batman: The Brave And The Bold was nice. Justice League Action was nice. Whenever DC does a nice project people like it. Why has this become such an ordeal?

I like the Christmas-themed main title. But as far as Carols go, the Jingle Bells Batman Smells one shouldn't be sung by heroes, especially if one of them IS the Batmobile. In fact I'd argue Bam, Batman, and Robin are the three beings in existence who should NEVER sing the carol.

Batman being Ike Cicle was a nice surprise. As in preschool shows never surprise me, so this doing so counted as nice. I mentioned the show was nice, right?

That will never be confused for high art. But for 22 minutes it was pretty damn fast. ***1/2.

Meet The Batwheels "Interview With A Crime Fighter"

It's an interesting facet to make this Batman media-shy. It's not just that he hates promoting himself, he seems genuinely a bit nervous and camera-shy. Wonder how the Bruce Wayne half of him ever gets by. It's also kind of cute and endearing. ****.

Meet The Batwheels "The Best Present In The World"

Hummable song. Cute. ****.

Frontier

Staff member
Kind of late to say this, but I really like the shows' take on Ivy! She's fun, her design is on-point and cute, and she has some surprisingly good energy for a take on Ivy while still feeling in-character :).

Plus our first Poison Ivy musical number ;).

I hope we see some more of her (and Catwoman) :proud:.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looks like there is some good news!

Asa
I speculate this third pandemic winter could end up being it's very last one, ever (we don't need to have too many).
Went to TGI Friday's for my birthday yesterday. Had a great time there despite the chilly weather in Leicester Square.
I've officially turned 26 years old.

Featured Posts