Beavis & Butt-head Meets Ren & Stimpy?

JabarR

With Beavis & Butt-head preparing to make a comeback soon, who would like to see MTV do a special where they meet Ren & Stimpy?

cast.jpg

Meets

37b4036ce8f20716694c5691c51096b40a5957b9.jpg1.bmp

launchpad20

Hmmmm, I don't know. I just can't imagine Ren & Stimpy together with Beavis & Butt-Head. Even if they'd abuse them like Geroge Liquor did, I just don't see that working very well.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Since both are part of Viacom overall, there should be no legal boundaries, but why Ren & Stimpy of all shows.

I mean Flintstones and Jetsons work because they are both family sitcoms that occupy a sterotypical time era.

A Ducktales & Darkwing Duck crossover would work since both shows are in the same continuity and DD has had several Ducktales characters including Launchpad.

But why Ren & Stimpy/Beavis & Butthead?

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
Ren and Stimpy is dead in the water. Adult Party Cartoon got huge amounts of negative feedback, so I doubt anything new will happen with that.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
I'm not a big fan of crossovers, so no. The fact that Beavis & Butthead are on the verge of a comeback is baroque enough. If they needed to cross over with a whole 'nother cartoon in order to return would make it seem as though the series can't stand on it own merits.

Immortal_Knight

Veteran Of The Cartoon Wars
yeah i'd have to agree with everyone here.

Wait, BandB are making a comeback!? WTF! When did this happen?

and yes, i have no cable lol.

anyway, i think an interesting crossover would be to pair the duo up with characters from say, adult swim. Actually hosting the show on that block....hmm

Zorak Masaki

I cant see it happening, however, apparently Mike Judge is good friends with John K, so maybe we could get John Kricfalusi to be a guest voice or something.

Vzky

After their short-lived revival, most people here don't want to see another R&S-related thing again (I wouldn't mind though).

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Beavis and Butt-head don't live in a world where anthros are a common sight, so I don't see how such a crossover would be possible, unless the whole thing were a dream or fantasy sequence.

Toonatic

Come on, really? A crossover between Beavis and Butthead and Ren and Stimpy? That would never work.

stephane dumas

I doubt it could happen. The chances are very slim. Even a Beavis & Butthead crossover with South Park is doubtful, unless Mike Judge wants to work with Matt and Trey although he provided the voice of Kenny saying good-bye before he goes to Heaven in "South Park: Bigger, longer and uncut".

chalmers

Role Model
Funnily enough, I just watched TIny Toon Adventures Spring Break Special, and parodies of both duos appear near the end, both chiding and dismissing the Tiny Toons before being ran over by the Tiny Toons' bus. The parody of Beavis and Butthead had also appeared earlier in the episode, but when they made their appearance alongside the Ren And Stimpy lookalikes, they are called a "disgusting excuse for a cartoon" by the Ren parody. Perhaps this was a potshot that was referring to John K's noted opinions on animation, or maybe was it just the amount of controversy that B&B had amounted at that point?

Vzky

Funnily enough, I just watched TIny Toon Adventures Spring Break Special, and parodies of both duos appear near the end, both chiding and dismissing the Tiny Toons before being ran over by the Tiny Toons' bus. The parody of Beavis and Butthead had also appeared earlier in the episode, but when they made their appearance alongside the Ren And Stimpy lookalikes, they are called a "disgusting excuse for a cartoon" by the Ren parody. Perhaps this was a potshot that was referring to John K's noted opinions on animation, or maybe was it just the amount of controversy that B&B had amounted at that point?

For the record, Eddie Fitzgerald (from R&S) worked on Tiny Toons.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts