Big Nate (News And Discussion Thread)

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Just got back from Paws of Fury, and the Big Nate short that played in front of it is in fact the "Never Bring a Hamster to Set" short that was supposed to air on TV on February 25th, but never did.
Also, OH MY GOD! In the short's dream sequence, that giant hamster spawned many smaller hamsters… FROM ITS REAR! I can see why it didn’t air on TV.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Here's a list of new episodes coming Aug. 19:

Episode 109: “Best Laid Cell Plans” - When Francis gets an emergency cell phone, the gang makes major plans for it. But even the best-laid cell plans can go wrong. What ensues is a viral video, an investigation, an unlikely duo, and the strangest tea party ever.

Episode 110: “Game Over” - When Nate finds himself accidentally responsible for the cancellation of an entire species, he must save a pregnant lizard from the clutches of P.S. 38’s latest home EC teacher, Mr. Grey, who Dee Dee suspects is up to no good.

Episode 111: “‘Til Death Do We Rock” - Nate is asked to give up the center stage as the lead singer of ‘Fear the Mollusk’ to his sworn enemy, but he won’t give up that easily and neither will Martin, who tries to impress Nate with a job but instead gets caught in a lie.

Episode 112: “Randy’s Mom Has Got it Going On” (Nasim Pedrad guest stars as Barbara) - Martin's desire to dive into a relationship with Randy's mom blinds him to countless red flags, while Nate struggles to co-exist with the maniacal Randy who has now infiltrated every aspect of Nate's life.

Episode 113: “Ghostly Coven of Man Witches” (Halloween Special) - To dodge a science test, Nate concocts a plan to shut down P.S. 38 by pretending that it’s haunted. As he and his friends set the stage, they get locked in the school with a coven of man witches.

Episode 114: “The Future is Fuzzy” - Nate hopes to spin a newfound gift into a bright future but soon discovers there’s no fast track to success. Meanwhile, Dee Dee worries a new actress is stealing her spotlight and sets out to obliterate her.

Episode 115: “Big Freeze” (Winter Special) - Nate and Team Awesome face Jefferson in the annual ‘Big Freeze’ snow sculpture competition. Nate has his sights set on victory, but when a personal vendetta gets in the way, glory and a grand prize for P.S. 38 are on the line.

Episode 116: “The Curse of the Applewhites” (Winter Special) - Nate’s gym grade is on thin ice and the only thing that can save him from the humiliation of repeating 6th-grade gym is something he swore to hate for eternity: figure skating. Not to mention, an ancient curse on Chad’s family.

Episode 117: “The Thing That Wouldn’t Leave” – It’s Spring Break and Nate joins Francis on vacation! There he discovers the Pope Family Schedule, aka an opportunity to pencil in AWESOMENESS. But not everyone is on board, especially when Nate’s alter ego, Nathaniel, emerges.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Coming to Nick on TV September the 5th, according to The Futon Critic
1660950591087.png

ToonsJazzLover

I should watch the show right now on Paramount+, which I recently signed up, but since I have trust issues with streaming lately, I'm going to tune in on Nick instead.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Glad it's back , watched episodes 9 and 10 (back to spacing out when I watch)
Best Laid Cell Plans was really funny, love how one cell phone was the focus of so much trouble, the twists were fun and a good use of the flashback story telling idea.
Game Over was good too. I love the pacing on the series over all, it uses the 22 minutes well, without feeling like it's going too fast or too slow. I wasn't expecting this episode to go the way it did when it started.

I should watch the show right now on Paramount+, which I recently signed up, but since I have trust issues with streaming lately, I'm going to tune in on Nick instead.
I'm going to watch on Nick when they air it, still watched and watching on Paramount Plus, It probably helps the show to watch on Plus, even more than Nick. I like Paramount's idea of airing their nick streaming shows on Nick at a later point, it's a nice balance.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I watched the second batch of episodes and I had as much fun with it as the first. I digged that they were more horror-themed episodes and I was surprised that they got away with a lot of the gags like the lizard mating one.

I also appreciate that Paramount Plus actually added the new episodes to the season rather than just trying to make it a "season two". Certain streaming services could learn from that. ;) Not a fan of how the window shrinks any time I pause it, though.

Interesting that they're going big on the worldbuilding and development (for Martin and Dee Dee, at least) despite being an episodic show. Kind of reminds me of Watson's previous show All Hail King Julien.

LinusFan303

Squeak
I did an episode a week and finished last night.

Episode 11: It was a fun band episode, nice to see Artur get a role in this episode, Marty's plot was good as well, he pretending to be a CEO for Nate's sake.

Episode 12: An episode featuring the (in)famous Randy, that was a good TV show introduction for him. The episode was fun, I thought Randy's Mom was some sort of scam artist but it's hard to tell, Randy and Nate had a nice little bond in this episode, and kind of like they showed a slightly nice side to him.

Episode 13: A nice spooky episode. It was funny too, especially Marty's clown plot. Nate can bake and how it comes into the plot. Also with the episode taking place at night, I love the neon effect they gave the characters.

Episode 14: This one was good for Nate, he could tell the weather future and worked with the weatherman, but then had to help him and Dee Dee get out of their slump. Dee Dee's plot was good too, the poor girl was effected by nepotism.

Episode 15: A nice winter episode, I like how Nate and his rival Nolan, are very similar especially in their feuding. I loved the insane snow battle too.

Episode 16: Another winter themed episode. It was nice to see Chad get some focus, he's a fun character. A pretty interesting ice-skating plot too. Nate is pretty good at it. I liked Marty's can't say no plot too. Kim's song was just perfection.

Episode 17: This one was great. This show in general is good at getting unhinged and this episode was perfect at showing that. I liked Nate being with the Popes and started to want to be structured like they are and becomes Nathaniel. With him not being with his father and sister they seem to just slip out of reality it was really fun.

This was a nice strong batch of episodes... over all 8/10 avg. from me. I really liked episodes 16 and 17 the most.

kanc

I have a question, anyone know what's the name of song played during episode Valentine's Day of Horror?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts