"Black Adam" Feature Film News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam? Cool :D.

I wasn't sure whether they would go with him as Adam or Shazam, since it could've gone either way with how he was advertising the role, but glad to finally have that mystery solved :sweat:.

Now I guess the big mystery is who's going to be Billy and Shazam?

the greenman

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...tting-his-own-movie-966008?utm_source=twitter

images (1).jpg

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I'll be honest, I like Black Adam, but I don't think he needs his own standalone prequel movie chronicling his fall of grace before we get to Billy's story.

Of course, they've been promoting Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam for who knows how long and he's been heavily involved in the production, so I can't say I'm surprised...

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I have never said this before, even when so many others were, but I'll say it now...it really seems like thay don't have much of a plan right now, and are just announcing things all willy-nilly.

I do get it though; Johnson is a HUGE star right now, and he probably didn't want to just play a villain. But still, a Black Adam film before Shazam? Heck, at least the Squad spinoff made sense.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/15: Dwayne Johnson hinted a battle between Black Adam and Superman is in the cards.

I kind of feel bad that the costume has probably been collecting mothballs since they filmed that teaser or any scenes with him in it :sweat:.
10/27: One benefit, hopefully is he's stuck to the training regime this whole time. ;)

10/31: Adam Sztykiel hired to write the Black Adam script.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Dwayne Johnson teases some other characters might have cameos in the "Black Adam" movie.
“Without giving anything away, there MIGHT be maybe a cameo or two of some of the other DC superheroes," Johnson said. "We’ll see. That’s been the beauty of Black Adam as we’ve been developing it is that we could make a movie that just stood on its own too as well, but that’s also the beauty of those universes coming together at DC.”

Frontier

Staff member
Reportedly, the "Black Adam" movie will also feature Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Stargirl.
Now it sounds more like a JSA movie :p.

Hawkman I guess I get because of Khufu being connected to Adam in his old life in Egypt, though I wonder if we'll see Hawkgirl too, and Atom-Smasher was close to Adam in the comics...but Stargirl seems kind of random :sweat:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts