"Blade Runner 2099" (Live Action) Series News & Discussion

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Too late, Scott.

bladerunnerblacklotus5-1024x541.png

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
His recent comments blaming millennials for failure of his last film comes off as a bitter old man.
Well, I still don't really see those comments coming off as bitter but that's just me and I believe his decision to expand more on the universes from his past films was made prior to making those comments.

the greenman

Well, I still don't really see those comments coming off as bitter but that's just me and I believe his decision to expand more on the universes from his past films was made prior to making those comments.
Of course. I just see him returning to these worse than George Lucas. They made him money early in his career, and unlike George Lucas who really had a reason and purpose for mining his universe, this comes off as suspect imho. He proved he does not need these with The Martian, but he wants to stay relevant by mining these two older properties to make money off of.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Of course. I just see him returning to these worse than George Lucas. They made him money early in his career, and unlike George Lucas who really had a reason and purpose for mining his universe, this comes off as suspect imho. He proved he does not need these with The Martian, but he wants to stay relevant by mining these two older properties to make money off of.
I don't agree with that notion at all as in this is coming off as suspect. If anything, he planned on doing a sequel to Blade Runner and a prequel to Alien for a long time before they finally happened and just because he's doing more stuff relating to two of his films doesn't mean he won't continue doing projects outside those two, hence I don't see it as him wanting to stay relevant at all but that's just me.

the greenman

Well look, I have the 4-disc multi cuts of the original film. I love the film. Took a co-worker to watch the Final Cut when it came our like back in 2007/08.

I personally love film noir, and to add sci-fi I'm all in. Unfortunately we know the film wasn't successful. It was a masterpiece imho, but is really only being seen as that in this era of geek culture. If Ridley is indeed of that culture, then I support his decision to continue these universes (Alien & Blade Runner).

I would love for him to expand it more in the Dick-ian style universe (if possible). Drop hints of the Minority Report, Total Recall worlds.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts