Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Unlike other channels, Boomerang's international threads are among the least commented, don't know why. Maybe it's because longtime viewers have drifted away.

thetellyweb

TellyToon
There hasn't really been much to talk about, apart from scheduling updates, and people seem to keep putting the blame on CGI content eating up the channel, when that's clearly wrong given they actually mix it up at times.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Unlike other channels, Boomerang's international threads are among the least commented, don't know why. Maybe it's because longtime viewers have drifted away.

Probably because the channel's purpose has drifted a little bit, instead of just focusing on classic shows, new shows based on classic characters and European productions. It's no longer really a retirement home for CN's output.

According to this Boomerang Pet of the Week sponsorship page, Boomerang is also a channel about "animated animals":

"Boomerang is the home of much-loved family cartoons and comedy shows featuring everyone's favourite animals and pets!"

Sponsorship of 'Pet of the Week' competition on Boomerang

Cool_Cat

In Italy they shortly started airing new series on the channel when it launched, starting with Duck Dodgers in early 2004, then they added Krypto the Superdog, Tom and Jerry Tales, etc, and it worked. Still when the channel launched, they premiered on the channel the WB series from the 90s which previously only aired on Rai 2.

The channel would mantain its purpose if it followed the US direction instead of leaving 70% of the schedule to European shows. The only American shows the Italian feed has now are the new Scooby Doo series, Bunnicula, Wacky Races and the Tom and Jerry Show, and they don't even air often compared to the EU shows. The T&J show airs at 6 in the morning :wolfie:

Then if you noticed all the time these EU shows get forgotten in a matter of 3 years, even though there are still more popping up to fill the whole schedule. Out of all the garbage they aired in 2015, I don't see almost any which is still on the schedule.

Mr Chilean

I hope so. If not, at least in the UK and Australia.
Or Latin America too (that there are more Classic animation fans than in Europe, but not than in the US)... if Turner/WarnerMedia approves the merger between Boomerang LatAm and Tooncast...

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Meanwhile, Boom CEE aired Episode 104 of Bunnicula ("Oh, Brother") uncensored.
Since premiere that Episode had one dialogue between Chester and Harold edited: "Bunnicula helpless. Come on Bunnicula, you keep goin'!"

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Boomerang Italy Halloween Pop-up Channel (temporarily replacing Boomerang+1) launches 31st October and runs until 10th November, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? will also premiere on the channel. Highlight Ottobre - Boomerang
Seriously, a Halloween channel that goes the other way around. Should be in late October, not early November.

J10

Boomerang MENA is going to air New Episodes (Arabic Dubbed) of Mr. Bean, beside being in English.

Also, Another Ad for Scooby Doo and Guess Who? on Boomerang MENA.

thetellyweb

TellyToon
That morning block theme with the clocks using character faces have also been used in the UK.
Though, I've only seen one which simply had Scooby and Shaggy, annoucning "Be Cool..." followed by a Scooby Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts