Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Boomerang launches on Friday in Czech Republic. It will be the CEE HD feed and 60% of content will be dubbed!

Insidus

The new preschool series Dino Ranch finally airs on Boomerang

Boomerang launches in more African households and this doesn't change my opinion about the channel. Still believe Cartoonito will take its position.
4eb5d963478d008016312df445311321.jpg

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

RegularCapital

Staff member
Boomerang launches on Friday in Czech Republic. It will be the CEE HD feed and 60% of content will be dubbed!

The new preschool series Dino Ranch finally airs on Boomerang

Boomerang launches in more African households and this doesn't change my opinion about the channel. Still believe Cartoonito will take its position.
4eb5d963478d008016312df445311321.jpg

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean Boomerang has a future, the Czech localisation is only audio and HD, there's nothing presentation wise, dubbed programming can still be split between Cartoon Network with some younger skewing Boomerang programming remaining on a possible Cartoonito channel. Cartoonito is coming to EMEA within the next few years after all.

Same for the GOtv deal, WarnerMedia can just make use of the distribution deal and turn Boomerang into Cartoonito.

J10

I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean Boomerang has a future, the Czech localisation is only audio and HD, there's nothing presentation wise, dubbed programming can still be split between Cartoon Network with some younger skewing Boomerang programming remaining on a possible Cartoonito channel. Cartoonito is coming to EMEA within the next few years after all.

Same for the GOtv deal, WarnerMedia can just make use of the distribution deal and turn Boomerang into Cartoonito.
Not for the next few years, it’s process must have been processed between this year and 2023. We may expect in 2022, an expansion/rollout for Cartoonito again, incl. Southeast Asia, parts of Europe (where it used to have Cartoonito before on Boomerang in CEE between October 2011 and January 2014), and even Sub-Saharan Africa (previously aired on Boomerang too, in the time period between 2011 and 2014).

Cool_Cat

In Italy I can hardly see them replace Boomerang with Cartoonito, because the latter is a FTA channel here partly owned by Mediaset.

But I see many WB series moving over CN and Boomerang is getting even more filled with European imports.

Walker

The new cartoon series Tom and Jerry in New York with new episodes every weekday at 08:30, 13:30, 16:00 and 20:10 on Boomerang Turkey.

- Replay episodes will be shown on weekends at 08:55, 13:55, 17:15 and 20:10.

1638785740280.png

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It seems they're using the newer prints. At least DVD. Maybe even Bluray.

CZ update: Selected episodes of Pat the Dog, Mush Mush, Be Cool Scooby Doo are dubbed. Promos and bumpers seem to be in EN. Of course no opt out ads and just fillers. But I think we can expect that to change in summer/autumn.
Now you know what CN NL was like in 2001-2010 ;)

I can't help but think that they didn't bother to dub the promos because Cartoonito will require new promos.

Yeah, it definitely looks like they are in the process of dubbing all programs.

Alice and Lewis (CZ)
Baby Looney Tunes (CZ)
Be Cool Scooby Doo (CZ)
Ben 10 (CZ)
Grizzly and the Lemmings (CZ)
Looney Tunes Cartoons (CZ)
Moley (upcoming, probably CZ)
Mush Mush and the Mushables (CZ)
Pat the Dog (CZ)
Power Players (CZ)
Taffy (CZ)
The New Scooby-Doo Movies (CZ)

The Tom and Jerry Show (mostly silent)

Lamput (?)
Mr. Bean: The Animated Series (?)
Mr. Magoo (?)

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
It seems they're using the newer prints. At least DVD. Maybe even Bluray.

CZ update: Selected episodes of Pat the Dog, Mush Mush, Be Cool Scooby Doo are dubbed. Promos and bumpers seem to be in EN. Of course no opt out ads and just fillers. But I think we can expect that to change in summer/autumn.

They used the BD masters for re-run the series.

J10

Tom and Jerry in New York continues to air on Boomerang Turkey. The program is shown as a general audience, so anyone can watch it.View attachment 292855View attachment 292856
Shouldn't the DOG be in the top? There is nothing in the top-right, except for the Reklam logo. The HD logo isn't updated to the ones used in Boomerang MENA, because it's from 2015 graphics.

Also, in other news, I was searching in Canal+ Ethiopia website & Facebook/Instagram pages, and it said that Boomerang Africa has been replaced by Cartoonito. On the other hand, Boomerang Africa is still existing on DStv & Azam TV. I wish if it was true, and not fake or a mistake made by them.
1639092214011.png

1639092657877.png

We need an Ethiopian Canal+ Subscriber to confirm, if this has officially happened or not. Someone should ask them immediately. If it came true, then it'll have the same situation as Cartoon Network Portugal, when it first launched in Angola & Mozambique on DStv & TV Cabo in October 1st, just two months before Portugal.

Last edited:

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
Shouldn't the DOG be in the top? There is nothing in the top-right, except for the Reklam logo. The HD logo isn't updated to the ones used in Boomerang MENA, because it's from 2015 graphics.

Also, in other news, I was searching in Canal+ Ethiopia website & Facebook/Instagram pages, and it said that Boomerang Africa has been replaced by Cartoonito. On the other hand, Boomerang Africa is still existing on DStv & Azam TV. I wish if it was true, and not fake or a mistake made by them.
View attachment 292893
View attachment 292894

We need an Ethiopian Canal+ Subscriber to confirm, if this has officially happened or not. Someone should ask them immediately. If it came true, then it'll have the same situation as Cartoon Network Portugal, when it first launched in Angola & Mozambique on DStv & TV Cabo in October 1st, just two months before Portugal.
The French version of Boomerang Africa (which is in Northern Africa) is likely replace with Cartoonito, however the English version of Boomerang (which js in South Africa) remained that for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts