Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 4.0

Francisque

I was afraid they would have skipped Cartoonito in the CEE region, because of its troubled past (that only depended on bad decisions from the UK team back then, mostly expanding Cartoonito to most of the Boomerang CEE's schedule), but happily, I'm wrong

J10

Has Boomerang CEE ever aired classic Looney Tunes after November 4th, 2016?
I guess nowadays, they don't, because they no longer care about theatrical shorts just like most feeds. They prefer airing newer contents.

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Coming up next, The Daffy Duck Show!
This is very sad tbh, the name Boomerang doesn't even fit anymore, it's literally Cartoon Network 2.
not to mention how now, most of the Boomerang shows are airing on both CN and Boomerang CEE, which is more confusing and makes the latter brand name have less sense. Idk, but other feeds still don't mix up the shows like that on both channels. Unless they want to completely revamp the channel to Cartoonito, then Idk what they plan with these shows on both channels.

Has Boomerang CEE ever aired classic Looney Tunes after November 4th, 2016?
to be honest, the last time they aired classic Looney Tunes on Boomerang CEE was I think the Summer of 2016. Still, in 2016 it was the last time they showed them at all. They did want to bring the shorts back in the Spring of 2017, but they postponed them and never planned to put LT back ever since.

So yeah, after November 2016 basically the only true classics they still frequently showed were T&J, Scooby-Doo and Flintstones. They actually kept airing them until Aprtil 2018 when we finally switched to 16:9, when the fullscreen stuff was gone altogether.

Daffyrocks

as for the problem with posting the future schedules (sorry for bringing that up again), like I said before, I would only like if you, let's say, stop posting the October schedule in August. Or the November one in September. But I never complained about posting the highlights for January in the month of December, as that is of course what I also do (and hopefully will continue to do so).

Anyways, here is the Cartoontio teaser in Romanian

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
not to mention how now, most of the Boomerang shows are airing on both CN and Boomerang CEE, which is more confusing and makes the latter brand name have less sense. Idk, but other feeds still don't mix up the shows like that on both channels. Unless they want to completely revamp the channel to Cartoonito, then Idk what they plan with these shows on both channels.

to be honest, the last time they aired classic Looney Tunes on Boomerang CEE was I think the Summer of 2016. Still, in 2016 it was the last time they showed them at all. They did want to bring the shorts back in the Spring of 2017, but they postponed them and never planned to put LT back ever since.

So yeah, after November 2016 basically the only true classics they still frequently showed were T&J, Scooby-Doo and Flintstones. They actually kept airing them until Aprtil 2018 when we finally switched to 16:9, when the fullscreen stuff was gone altogether.
Germany was a little luckier with classics, I know they aired Animaniacs (albeit at around 12am or 3am) until the CEE feed merger in October of 2018.

IdentyPL

See, I think this is the problem. They might be scared that people won't like 4:3 shows with low quality, when the channel is 16:9 and full HD. Even some TV providers say that Boomerang airs shows in the best resolution. This might not be the reason, but who knows.

Francisque

I don't have a problem at all about Boomerang having preschooler shows (Cartoonito) and recent shows too, but it needs to also have some classics to pump it up, not necessarily in high rated slots, but from time to time!

At the moment, the channel looks quite bland, even in the UK

IdentyPL

it needs to also have some classics to pump it up, not necessarily in high rated slots, but from time to time!

I totally agree. The channel was supposed to air classics, so they should at least air some of them, maybe even only at night, since the night time schedule on CEE is very bland rn (not as much as on CN tho, so that's good).

Francisque

I think they need something cool especially during the 8pm-12am slot, which might attract an older kind of audience, like Boomerang CEE used to do it , not European stuff ad nauseam, which they can have 12am-6am if they want to.

The fact they even have given up on classic Tom. and Jerry is sort of worrying .

Boomerang IT is the imagineably worst feed, but that's not a recent development

Markus Nelis

ok, I see. Still, just wait one month before, to post the line-up of a month after that. Beleive me, it's better this way
In your opinion it's better. Just stop. If there's source for schedules then we can post them here. There's not a single rule in AnimeSuperHero that is stopping people from posting future schedules. It seems you're the only who has this problem. While everyone else agrees. So at the end, you know pretty well that it's allowed.

It's not a new thing. People have been posting schedules in advance years now and suddenly it now becomes a problem? Sorry but people can post the schedules.

josie

Regarding Taffy and Power Players, Discovery got rid of them because of budget cuts
We'll probably never see them again

Wonderful news! Hope Discovery cancels most of these useless new shows and goes back to using Turner's amazing cartoon library.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
Wonderful news! Hope Discovery cancels most of these useless new shows and goes back to using Turner's amazing cartoon library.
For Power Players, it doesn't look that interesting to me and I don't care that it's gone. On the other hand, I've heard good things about Taffy, and it's a shame it'll probably never come to the US (or at least not on any WBD channels) at this point.

Daffyrocks

For Power Players, it doesn't look that interesting to me and I don't care that it's gone. On the other hand, I've heard good things about Taffy, and it's a shame it'll probably never come to the US (or at least not on any WBD channels) at this point.
Taffy has been kept on HBO Max eventually, so there is a chance that it will return to Boomerang sometime. Not to mention because its second season didn't wrap up ANYWHERE

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Seth Rogen's dog is adorable
Looking forward to seeing the internet explode a SECOND time today at 5 pm EST (but seriously, I'm hyped for the new Mario Movie trailer!)
For example, Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9 had a disastrous launch and Yūji Naka's Balan Wonderworld became a one-time show for Balan and friends. Why the curse?
These days, some of the famous Japanese video game developers are disproportionally cursed.
I just watched "The Placebo Effect" from FX's Archer. [****] me, one of the best episodes ever. I haven't as much laughs watching an animated series for a while now. That Magnum PI parody is hilarious.

Featured Posts