Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 4.0

Markus Nelis

Arguably it's possible to see Boomerang CEE change into Cartoonito. However don't expect that to come fast for next couple years, they don't have enough shows for now. Can I see it happening in 5 years? Yeah, sure.

However, Boomerang UK will stay because of it's own Cartoonito channel already and HBO Max isn't watchable there yet.

Boomerang Nordic most likely also staying as it's actually the proper Boomerang outside of Cartoonito area, and CN Nordic doesn't even air Boomerang shows, unlike the German CN feeds.

Boomerang France mostly targets on preschoolers judging how little they air WB shows (Scooby /Tom & Jerry). It's been like this for years now, I can see it become Cartoonito as well. You can hear the announcers voice in the promos and it really looks like they're talking straight to thepreschoolers, the way they talk with that tone.

J10

They have archives from 2011. It was supposed to replace Boomerang in a faster time, and begin a trial transmission on its slot, as there are shows in the library like Lazytown.

Boomerang France mostly targets on preschoolers judging how little they air WB shows (Scooby/Tom & Jerry). It's been like this for years now, I can see it become Cartoonito as well. You can hear the announcers voice in the promos and it really looks like they're talking straight to thepreschoolers, the way they talk with that tone.
I guess they should replace Boing France with Cartoonito, and keep Boomerang as it is, with moving its announcers and preschool content to Cartoonito. If Discovery Family France continued, even after the merger, then Cartoonito would replace the channel immediately.

For MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa, replacing it with Cartoonito would be important.

Last edited:

Francisque

Arguably it's possible to see Boomerang CEE change into Cartoonito. However don't expect that to come fast for next couple years, they don't have enough shows for now. Can I see it happening in 5 years? Yeah, sure.

However, Boomerang UK will stay because of it's own Cartoonito channel already and HBO Max isn't watchable there yet.

Boomerang Nordic most likely also staying as it's actually the proper Boomerang outside of Cartoonito area, and CN Nordic doesn't even air Boomerang shows, unlike the German CN feeds.

Boomerang France mostly targets on preschoolers judging how little they air WB shows (Scooby /Tom & Jerry). It's been like this for years now, I can see it become Cartoonito as well. You can hear the announcers voice in the promos and it really looks like they're talking straight to thepreschoolers, the way they talk with that tone.
Five years seems optimistic; they already have a collection of semi- or pseudo-preschooler shows, especially in Europe, where Boomerang has existed as a successful brand for long.

Don't be surprised, they can still again show some not very preschooler shows but almost so on Cartoonito (CEE), while moving Tom and Jerry and the rest (which are in restricted time slots on Boomerang) on CN, I'm afraid there's not much to lose, especially in this streaming frenzy era.

I can see why they would do such a thing: Cartoon Network and Cartoonito, both resembling one the other in terms of names, one for "older kids" and one for toddlers, a setting overused by other companies (Nick, Nick JR; Disney Channel, Disney Junior in particular)

What they'll do elsewhere doesn't matter: Boomerang UK is an even more established brand, and they already have a Cartoonito channel.
UK is also big (its market I mean) enough too they can have Boomerang run on autopilot, which already kind of is

Last edited:

J10

Boomerang MENA Continuity (During Cartoonito)

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Boomerang CEE Schedule and Highlights for October 2022

- Lucas The Spider joins the Cartoonito block on 3rd October. It will air everyday at 13.30 CET, with reruns on the day after at 08.30 and 11.00 CET. 38 episodes will be aired exactly for now, three 7-minutes premieres per day. The batch will end on 15th October.
- New episodes of Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go (S1.4) premiere on 17th October. They will air daily at 13.00 CET, with reruns the day after at 08.00 and 10.30 CET. Basically they will wrap up the first season, which will be finished in just one week, with double episodes premieres until 23rd October.
- Like @BloggerHU pointed out, the Origins of Batwheels special is postponed on the channel. It was supposed to premiere here on 15th October at 09.30 CET, then be aired on random days and slots through the rest of the month. Now, this is let to happen sometime later, sometime... hopefully not in the middle of 2023. Such a shame, as they planned to have a global international launch on the same day... Still, screw them for that. They are only making matters worse.

And here is the line-up:

(All times CET; changes are bolded; slots marked in turqoise are part of Cartoonito)

06.00 The Tom and Jerry Show
06.25 The Tom and Jerry Show
06.45 Lamput (one short)
07.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
07.30 Grizzy and The Lemmings
07.50 Lamput (one short)
08.00 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go!
08.30 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go! / NEW Lucas The Spider (from 04/10)
09.00 Mush-Mush and The Mushables
09.30 Baby Looney Tunes
09.50 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go! (minisode)
10.00 Baby Looney Tunes
10.30 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go!
11.00 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go! / NEW Lucas The Spider (from 04/10)
11.20 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go! (minisode)

11.30 Baby Looney Tunes
12.00 Baby Looney Tunes
12.30 Mush-Mush and The Mushables
13.00 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go!
13.30 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go! / NEW Lucas The Spider (from 03/10)

14.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14.30 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14.50 Lamput (one short)
15.00 New Looney Tunes
15.25 New Looney Tunes
15.50 Lamput (one short)
16.00 The Tom and Jerry Show
16.30 The Tom and Jerry Show
17.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
17.25 Grizzy and The Lemmings
17.45 Lamput (one or two shorts)
18.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
18.30 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
19.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
19.30 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
20.00 New Looney Tunes
20.30 New Looney Tunes
21.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
21.25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
22.00 Mr. Magoo (2019)
22.25 Mr. Magoo (2019)
22.50 Lamput (one short)
22.55 Mighty Mike
23.25 Mighty Mike (4 segments)
00.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
00.25 Grizzy and The Lemmings
00.45 Lamput (one short)
01.00 Mighty Mike
01.25 Mighty Mike (4 segments)
02.00 Pat the Dog
02.25 Pat the Dog (4 segments)
02.50 Lamput (one short)
02.50-03.05 Scooby-Doo: Stage Fright (29/10, for daylight saving time switch)

03.00 Mr. Magoo (2019) (4 segments)
03.25 Mr. Magoo (2019) (4 segments)
04.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings (5 segments)
04.30 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
04.50 Lamput (one short)
05.00 Mighty Mike (4 segments)
05.25 Mighty Mike (4 segments)
05.57 Lamput (one short)

As you can see, not much is changed on the schedule, except for the new Cartoonito show joining plus an additional spot for those Thomas minisodes. Plus Lamput having a slot switch, again. And also the daylight saving time switch bonus airtime of Scooby-Doo: Stage Fright.

Basically they don't have much combinations to do inside the schedule with the few shows they were left with, so they don't have much changes to do. Which is why they probably fill their time and boredom by ruining the CN CEE schedule with Boomerang shows.... For sure, they need to replace the channel with Cartoonito 24/7 entirely, since at the moment both CN and Boomerang coexisting makes zero sense. Also, Looney Tunes Cartoons may remain a permanent "CN show" after all, as they don't seem to have any plans yet to air the S4 episodes on Boomernag. Or at least they may air them in the following months. Idk. Either way, the show fits on CN better.

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Boomerang CEE October 2021 Premieres Info

(NEW) Lucas The Spider
- on Cartoonito
03/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E01 / S1E02 / S1E03 - "Too Hot to Handle" / "The Big Squeak" / "Big Jumping Spider" (SERIES PREMIERE)
04/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E04 / S1E05 / S1E06 - "Ghost Camp" / "Boo!" / "Never Boop a Robot"
05/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E07 / S1E08 / S1E09 - "Lonesome Lucas" / "I Can't See You" / "To Catch A Fly"
06/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E10 / S1E11 / S1E12 - "Sliding" / "Spinning Webs" / "I'm Taking You In"
07/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E13 / S1E14 / S1E15 - "Something Up There" / "Home Sweet Home" / "Bye Bye Bee"
08/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E16 / S1E17 / S1E18 - "Jeepers Peepers" / "House is Breathing" / "Boingo"
09/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E19 / S1E20 / S1E21 - "Findley’s Bad Day" / "You Rang?" / "Do You Speak Dance?"
10/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E22 / S1E23 / S1E24 - "A New Spider in Town" / "Dollhouse Mates" / "Lucas We Have a Problem"
11/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E25 / S1E26 / S1E27 - "Egg-Scuse Me" / "Pokey Dokey" / "Boot Castle"
12/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E28 / S1E29 / S1E30 - "Avocado’s Looooong Time Out" / "Tanks Giving" / "Flying"
13/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E31 / S1E32 / S1E33 - "Dr. Lucas Is in the House" / "Arlo's Portrait" / "House Flies Don't Dance"
14/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E34 / S1E35 / S1E36 - "Flying the Nest" / "The Insult" / "I'll Do it in a Minute"
15/10 - 13.30 CET - S1E37 / S1E38 - "Cloud Gazing" / "Don't Do That Arlo" / (repeat of "Too Hot to Handle")

Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go! - on Cartoonito
17/10 - 13.00 CET - S1E40 / S1E41 - "Sandy Versus the Storm" / "An UnbeLEAFable Day"
18/10 - 13.00 CET - S1E43 / S1E42 (S1E42 / S1E43) - "Ghost Train" / "A Rusty Rescue"
19/10 - 13.00 CET - S1E44 / S1E45 - "Hide and Surprise!" / "Pop a Wheelie"
20/10 - 13.00 CET - S1E46 / S1E47 - "Goodbye, Ghost-Scaring Machine" / "More Cowbell"
21/10 - 13.00 CET - S1E48 / S1E49 - "Sir Topham Hatt's Hat" / "Nia's Surprising Surprise"

22/10 - 13.00 CET - S1E50 / S1E51 - "A New View for Thomas" / "Skiff Sails Sodor"
23/10 - 13.00 CET - S1E52 - "Song of Sodor" / (repeat of "Sandy Versus the Storm") (SEASON FINALE)

Cézar_Delacierra

Batman : The Animated Series returns to Tooncast next month, beginning on the 8th with broadcasts every day at 8:30 AM and 8:30 PM.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I think it makes sense to turn Boomerang into Cartoonito. Much sooner than 5 years. It will happen imo in 1-3 years. Cartoon Network = main channel everything. Cartoonito = kids. It's even in the name.
If that were to happen, then I think that said channel should be Cartoonito during the day and then switch to Boomerang during the evening and late-night hours, unless Warner Bros. Discovery is going keep the old-school cartoons on the merged HBO Max/Discovery Plus service.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I think it makes sense to turn Boomerang into Cartoonito. Much sooner than 5 years. It will happen imo in 1-3 years. Cartoon Network = main channel everything. Cartoonito = kids. It's even in the name.
I don't really see that happening unless CN is planning to put something of note on during the 6AM to 2PM hours instead of just airing encores (which seems unlikely since school-aged kids wouldn't be home to see any such shows), and Cartoonito doesn't currently have enough shows to be its' own channel, nor will it have enough shows in 1-3 years; Cartoonito would require a backlog of at least a decade's worth of shows before it could successfully become it's own channel.

There's also the matter of Boomerang only being in a fraction of the homes that CN is in; it just makes more sense to keep Cartoonito on the main channel where it can attract the most viewers. The main channel is the main channel for a reason: it features something for everyone. Cartoonito = for little kids, Cartoon Network = for big kids and families, [adult swim] = for adults.

I personally think Cartoonito is good where it is. Let it continue to accrue shows and develop a substantial following, then maybe it can become a separate channel somewhere down the line (though the more likely scenario would be what @Goldstar! suggested: where it'd be Cartoonito in the mornings to early afternoons and then became Boomerang for the rest of the day), assuming that digital tier bonus channels will still be a thing by then.

Last edited:

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Boomerang UK in October will consist of non-stop Scooby Doo shows from 06:00 to 21:00 from October 1st.

Movies and Specials will run on Weekends at various times.

Ben 10 will be shown on Weekends at 20:30

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Boomerang and Cartoonito CEE don't do anything for Halloween, I guess there will be special bumpers, and that's it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts