Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
This is wonderful news for Boomerang going back to the 2000's style scheduling. I wonder if this will only be for Thanksgiving.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I haven't watched Boomerang in nearly two years. I'm definitely tuning in for the Thanksgiving weekend.

VeiledHat

Hi, um, I'm Moxy, and, uh, uh, that's Flea!
Are they gonna bring back Boomeraction? Airing Jonny Quest is good, but what about Space Ghost and Birdman?

Flats

Are they gonna bring back Boomeraction? Airing Jonny Quest is good, but what about Space Ghost and Birdman?
I doubt that. They most likely are experimenting with different programming, especially since it's Thanksgiving week.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member

No. This return to classic programming isn't permanent; it's just a weekend placeholder for the holidays. The schedule will be back to normal after Thanksgiving weekend is over.

Frankly, I think it would be nice if Boomerang regularly pulled this kind of stunt during holidays so the entirety of the year doesn't feel stale. It would be a nice compromise for the old and new.

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Boomerang weekday schedule changes starting Tuesday, December 1st:

Weekdays

1-2PM The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries
2-3PM Looney Tunes
3-4PM The Looney Tunes Show no changes
4-5PM Tom and Jerry
5-6PM Tom and Jerry Tales
Well, back to the old "MORE Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry" mentality

Betsyp

Well, back to the old "MORE Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry" mentality
Hi all - newbie here!

I’m annoyed at the new schedule as they’ve removed all Scooby Doo shows except the ones I loathe (Scrappy Doo/Mysteries Inc. - and probably Be Cool. I have most Scooby Doos on DVD, so I’m especially annoyed at the removal of “Guess Who”, which isn’t on DVD. I don’t like watching shows on my IPad. How many hours of Tom and Jerry do we need? I also personally don’t give a hoot about Looney Toons. I can’t complain as they air the Smurfs - except, they keep showing the same episodes over and over again.

I wish the Jetsons would return permanently..

CNC

i wonder if they will be doing something for christmas because they did scoobtober for october
Hopefully, the same thing they'll do next week on Thanksgiving.

But with Christmas specials added into the mix?
1605807139042.png

Betsyp

I got it from Zap2it. (did you look at the footnote on the bottom yet?)

There's also a promo for this lineup that's airing on Boomerang right now, under the title "Boomerang Family Feast."

No, I’m sorry - I didn‘t look at the bottom. Thanks for the info! Looks like the Smurfs are the only show I like now...unless they air Scooby Doo Where Are You/Guess Who/What’s New on weekends.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
Hey LinusFan303, What did you just said about Kickoff to Christmas on "Freeform (Formerly ABC Family)" Network Thread! I know that Kickoff To Christmas will happen this year, I just wait for the Schedule to happen.
Happy 52nd birthday to Vanessa Marshall.
My tweet become banger?? how?

Did a search for Woody Woodpecker this morning, and I found this...

Featured Posts