Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
Any bizarre technical difficulties lately, besides the stretched T&J cartoon?
Well, as of today (or late yesterday), Boomerang has once changed the DOG (network bug). When I compared my recording of Gumball from MLK Day to today's broadcasts, I noticed that the new DOG is moved a bit further down than the former, and the "on" transition has been sped up to be about twice as fast than before. Unfortunately, it's also more blurry than the previous DOG, but I assume it will be fixed soon.

With that being said, I wonder if we'll receive banners like what the LA feed currently uses when new programming arrives. It would make sense for them to utilize such a feature for promoting upcoming premieres and such, and CN USA likes to take advantage of it as well.

OFF: The Boomerang On Demand lineup will be shuffled tomorrow, and hopefully new bumpers will replace the older ones currently in use. If there's a change, I'll be sure to screenshot it.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Well, as of today (or late yesterday) Boomerang has once again switched network bugs, or what is known as a D.O.G. By comparing my recording of Gumball from MLK day to today's broadcasts, the new bug is a bit further down than the former, and the transition on is has been sped up about twice as fast. In addition, it's more blurry than the previous DOG.

By the sound of things, they've been ironing out some minor technical issues or at least testing different things as a result of the rebrand, it's to be expected really.

Just a minor complaint, "discusson" is spelt wrong on the thread title. ;)

Lerkero

This schedule seems really...redundant.

I figured Cartoon Network would have free access to much more diversity in their catalog

WMania

Check Out My Avatar Thread!
Crappy. Boomerang has really lost its unique edge in just under two years. Sad to see. That being sad, add more CN originals from 1996-2010 and rely on less repeatability and this schedule will be much more bearable than whatever the heck CN is doing right now.

Alonso Torrejon

I don't know when Dexter's Lab will come back to Boomerang but it would be really great if it were to do so either to remember the late Christine Cavanaugh or next year in time for the show's Big 2-0.

Dynamite Soldier

The bumpers are just the appetizer, but the new schedule and how good the new programming is are the main meals. Hopefully when the new schedule comes out tomorrow (if Pac-Attack is right), it will be more diversified than CN, but I wouldn't hold my breath considering CN's recent (and horrible) changes.

Also, Dexter's Laboratory might come back, though it'll most likely gonna be placed in the late nights. That's understandable if Boom's getting new shows and not just all day repeats of The Garfield Show and What's New, Scooby-Doo?

Pac-Attack

(if Pac-Attack is right)

I could be wrong, I remember at one point (around last Summer I think), it took a week or two for Zap2it to update CN's schedule, so we were treated to a placeholder for a pretty long time. Hopefully the same doesn't happen with Boom, but then again, we could wait until next Monday with the backdoor schedule.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Somme folks here are saying that they'd like to see more CN originals come to Boomerang. I'd be OK with that, as long as they were done in moderation and Boom's schedule didn't come to rely too much on them. After all, Boomerang is no longer a retro channel and it's supposed to be trying to carve its' own niche for itself and not just getting all of CN's hand-me-downs. I wouldn't want to see Da Boom suffer the same fate as The Hub.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
I could see 'some' CN originals returning, but not sure for how long. Boomerang has the benefits of overnight where CN doesn't due to [as], so some of those shows could play there too. Wouldn't mind seeing the Eds again since they only got two weekday rounds before being removed. Some shows like Johnny Bravo and Cow & Chicken, should they return I'd probably hope for overnights only for how long they've played. Wouldn't expect a lot of older CN shows to return either, but maybe I'll be surprised. Also thinking of how long it'll take of original content (when that day comes) and acquired content to air through premiers before eventually getting weekday rotations. That could buy some time for a small enough portion of CN originals to have weekday runs for a while. -- I'm also wondering that despite the demo, if Boomerang will have some kind of weekly shuffle in its lineup. CN seems to do different things on weekends and nothing looks 'set', so wondering if we'll see that from Boom. I kind of hope not, cause when I was in this demo's age, I knew when my show was on.

As for diversity, don't how far they could get with that. The only series that have already aired in the US I could see airing daytime for any little diversity is the more popular CN originals and maybe Casper's Scare School if they still have those rights. Wondering if they'll consider a couple extra Pokemons or if they should stick to 2 a day. A think a 2-hour block could be fun on weekends, starting from B&W while the Indigo League continues on weekdays. We shall see what happens.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Maybe Boomerang could have some original programming.

That's already happened. Numb Chucks has already debuted on Boom (yeah, I know that's an import, but it's never aired in the U.S. before, so it still counts). There will be others, but we likely won't know what they are until after the Upfront in May. The new Inspector Gadget series will be coming to Boom. We know that much at least.

VG_Addict

That's already happened. Numb Chucks has already debuted on Boom. There will be others, but we likely won't know what they are until after the Upfront in May. The new Inspector Gadget series will be coming to Boom. We know that much at least.

But like I said, Numb Chucks is an acquired Canadian show.

Edit: Nvm, I see you edited your post.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Boomerang IS going to have original programming. They've stated that in their press releases.

Dynamite Soldier

I just hope it's good original programming and not the likes of Puppy in My Pocket (ugh). Maybe that Milky Way cartoon Mrs. Faust's pitching for years could work on Boomerang since it's targeting young girls too. It could also serve as a rival to DXD's Star vs. the Forces of Evil and DiscFam's My Little Pony.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts