Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist,Love Fries, Inactive YouTuber
I miss it when they would just play their promos and CN ads and those groovies. Also I wonder why they only air the CN ads at night. Does anyone else know why they do that?

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
I agree on the air part because they've had been airing the same T&J and LT shorts for years now and that's just getting very repetitive. The should update the shorts bc they play the same ones literally every week
Seems strange that MeTV seems to have more variety, and that channel isn't even owned by Warner.

Low Spark of Lyman

well, boomerang is more to the kids stuff
I know that. What I don't know is if that's relevant to how much is being offered. My original point was that it's ironic that there's less variety on Warner-owned stations (Boomerang, plus CN back when they aired LT/T&J in the 2010s) than on one owned by a different company.

Low Spark of Lyman

ok, we talking too much questions, just stick to boomerang
I originally just wanted to raise an interesting observation, one that may not have an answer right now. So I'll just leave it at that.

EDIT: I want to say that I can see some cartoons airing on MeTV that would be hard to show on CN/Boom nowadays (the ones with Speedy Gonzales spring to mind), but that doesn't explain everything airing exclusively on MeTV.

Last edited:

ProtoGentIsDead

Your average Toon Disney and Pixar fan
Boomerang (Channel 303 & 609) is now gone through my local Suddenlink (Altice) lineup.
d6g1PE7.jpg

Although, I'm still having Boomerang thru my current DISH package, but DISH's EPG system is a bit unreliable. Might as well go to Zap2It.

UPDATE: It dosen't seem that Optimum dropped Boomerang. So it's only for Suddenlink.

Last edited:

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Hadn't been able to prepare for the Flintstones marathon that occurred Father's Day as I'd been busy the last couple weeks. If anyone knows, kindly please tell me how long it lasted for plus times? Thanks in advance!

Aside from that, bummer on Boom continuing to be dropped, but, the last few years I've kept prepared anyway despite a lack of watching. I've only been setting Camp Lazlo via DVR while I can watch LT/T&J in better/proper formats on MeTV so it's not quite a total loss, but it's still a shame the direction its gone. I liked when it got the new branding 6 years ago, and was looking forward to some fun things - and there were for sure - but it's basically reverting in a sense. Can only do what anyone has been and still may be doing, and that's enjoy it until it's not there.

Micahel Cataldo

Is Boomerang going to have a marathon of classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons in honor of a new show called Jellystone?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts