Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Toons Fan

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated now returns on Monday in the 7AM hour meaning that Care Bears: Unlock the Magic is now gone from Boomerang.

Moe

Oversaturation of Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry aren't good and it do devalue their contents because they run repeats everyday.

I have to agree with member who said that Boomerang will eventually become a HBO Max button with special discount for Anime Superhero members.

I need to hit WB with big hammer lol.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Is the reason why they're limited on Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes shorts is because that some shorts air on MeTv too?

Nah. At least I don't believe so. For uncertain reasons in regards to LT, they tend to stick with playing mainly the 'modern' toons from 1948-1965 range. (Perhaps due to them being most popular) They may still play some prior but a select few and usually just with Bugs.

Among the stretch of years they do play, they don't show the ones that could be deemed offensive in today's society. Mainly no Speedy Gonzalez. No clue if they still play Pepé.

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
Nah. At least I don't believe so. For uncertain reasons in regards to LT, they tend to stick with playing mainly the 'modern' toons from 1948-1965 range. (Perhaps due to them being most popular) They may still play some prior but a select few and usually just with Bugs.

Among the stretch of years they do play, they don't show the ones that could be deemed offensive in today's society. Mainly no Speedy Gonzalez. No clue if they still play Pepé.
I think they still do show Pepé’s cartoons. He is in the promo after all.

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
Probably too early to ask this, but do you think Boomerang will do Scoobtober and the Family Feast thing again this year?

UPDATE: Scoobtober has already started... on HBO Max.

Attachments

• 619B5833-77C4-43EE-B44F-A2D9107C0818.jpeg
    619B5833-77C4-43EE-B44F-A2D9107C0818.jpeg
    697 KB · Views: 77

Lex The Bookworm

Let's just hope Hbo Max streams Scooby doo and Guess who for Scoobtober with remaining Season 2 episodes still not on Boomerang app.

Toons Fan

There's a Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated marathon on Saturday, October 2nd from 2-6PM. So, it looks like Scoobtober is returning to the Boomerang channel next month.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts