Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Moe

Did Boomerang channel had Family Feast for many years? Did they skipped in some years?

Moe

It was only a thing last year. I wish for it to return but I doubt it.
me too and I enjoyed very much.

It did help to bring my childhood memories back and I remember that they used 1993 Hanna-Barbera logo at end of show so they used this logo when CN was new channel at that time.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
@LinusFan303 said it better than I could, but Boomerang will stay around as long as it's doing what its' parent company wants it to do, even if that's not we want it to do. Right now Da Boom is cheap to run and it makes Warner some money due to its' being bundled with other channels like Turner Classic Movies. Boomerang won't shut down entirely unless it stops making Warner money.

At the very most, Boomerang US could potentially rebrand into a Cartoonito channel like some of the international Boomerangs, but I don't see that happening as early as next year either.

Markus Nelis

I doubt the channel will shut down in the near future at least. While the channel gets low ratings due to it not being available in every cable operator, it's still doing good enough for the channel that's available limitedly only.

I've seen T&J and LT getting over 100,000 a few times couple months ago. I forgot the source but I will link it here at some point when I find it again. That's the reason they air those shows endlessly.

Just like every network, they milk their shows a lot because of high ratings, that is how the TV business runs nowadays to keep their channel somehow relevant due to streaming.

Moe

I doubt the channel will shut down in the near future at least. While the channel gets low ratings due to it not being available in every cable operator, it's still doing good enough for the channel that's available limitedly only.

I've seen T&J and LT getting over 100,000 a few times couple months ago. I forgot the source but I will link it here at some point when I find it again. That's the reason they air those shows endlessly.

Just like every network, they milk their shows a lot because of high ratings, that is how the TV business runs nowadays to keep their channel somehow relevant due to streaming.
Hulu Live TV helped to lift Boomerang up because it is included in basic tier.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
@LinusFan303 said it better than I could, but Boomerang will stay around as long as it's doing what its' parent company wants it to do, even if that's not we want it to do. Right now Da Boom is cheap to run and it makes Warner some money due to its' being bundled with other channels like Turner Classic Movies. Boomerang won't shut down entirely unless it stops making Warner money.

At the very most, Boomerang US could potentially rebrand into a Cartoonito channel like some of the international Boomerangs, but I don't see that happening as early as next year either.
I agree. Not much to add on to this.

Moe

If cable, satellite and IPTV companies stop carry Boomerang so it could be discontinued sooner rather than later like they did with Chiller, G4, Esquire and Cloo/Sleuth.

Same said about Discovery Family too.

Moe

I'm more than confident they're gonna turn it into a Cartoonito channel like they did with Boomerang Latin America
As in the US, it would be depends on cable, satellite and IPTV carriage, if Discovery Family is carried in most companies so they likely to win to be rebrand as Cartoonito since Boomerang isn't carried by most companies.

Boomerang in Latin America probably widely available in basic tier but not case in the US.

I do think it is probably easier to pull Hasbro out than re-negotiate with companies to add channel.

Markus Nelis

We can expect Boomerang to change to Cartoonito but I'm sure it's not going to happen in the next couple of years. This is still pretty new so I hope they take their time before making the final decision.

Moe

For me, I have a significant doubt that Boomerang in the US is going to be rebrand as Cartoonito because of timeframe, often classified as higher, expensive tier, strong competition and not carried by most cable companies, also some IPTV like YouTube TV and FuboTV don't carry either. Nick Jr and Disney Junior are successful preschool blocks for many years that led to make easier for cable companies to carry but since Cartoonito is new and WarnerMedia doesn't have much experience to handle with preschool shows, so cable companies are less inclined to carry this channel, also decline of cable make worse and they would rather to simplify their package to make customer friendly. The strong competition from Nick Jr and Disney Junior could drown Cartoonito out if run as separate channel.

WarnerMedia is better off to run Cartoonito as block on CN like they do with Adult Swim.

I'm not going to compare with international markets because they have different needs, goals and interests. There are stuffs work well in Europe or Latin America but not in the US, also there are different laws, regulations, agreements and contracts in play like UK has strict regulation on TV channels than in the US. In the US, it is depends on shareholders and investors, so if they find Cartoonito to be very profitable, so it is certainly that WarnerMedia will launch this quickly to make shareholders happy. There is problem - cable is declining so shareholders are less optimistic about new live channels, so they want WarnerMedia to focus and expand the HBO Max instead. There are tons of lobbyists in the US that you don't see in other countries.

Those are my honest opinion.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts