Brian Goldner Dead At 58

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Brian Goldner, one of the CEO's at Hasbro, has died at the age of 58. He started working at Hasbro in 2000 before becoming a CEO in 2008 and a chairman in 2015. He went on medical leave a few days ago, and had apparently been getting cancer treatment since 2014. He's the father of Brooke Goldner, who's done voice work for 4 Hasbro projects (Pound Puppies 2010, Littlest Pet Shop 2012, Transformers Robots In Disguise 2015, and My Little Pony A New Generation).

DogBoneController

This is a huge deal. Can't really tell you how huge. Goldner was the reason MLP: FiM and the Transformers movies happened. He had huge desires to turn Hasbro into a conglomerate (he spearheaded the Entertainment One buyout). He was a key player in prying the Disney Princess toy line away from Mattel.

A devastating loss. Very hard to see how Hasbro moves on without him.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Oh wow. I'm really shocked about this.
Applejack_crying_tears_of_guilt_S7E9.png

RIP Brian Goldner.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts