"Bugs Bunny Builders" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
awinger24 said:
When it comes to Bugs Bunny Builders, Tiny Toons Looniversity or whatever spin-off they plan next, these characters must be treated with a lot of respect even if it means altering them for modern times.

Well, neither of those aforementioned shows are spinoffs, but I nonetheless get your meaning. While I don't share your passion for Pepe LePew, I can understand if you don't wish to see the character permanently removed for the Looney Tunes roster. Other LT characters have been M.I.A. for years only to re-appear in various places for various reasons, so there's reason to believe this won't happen with Pepe.

awinger24

I have a good feeling that characters come back at any given moment, so I'll stick to that and expect the unexpected.

Anyways, WB Kids posted clips from three new Season 2 episodes of Bugs Bunny Builders. And it is already looking promising. Expect these to air in 2024.

Junior - Bugs Bunny Builders
In this episode, the Looney Builders are hired by The Three Bears and they want them to build a new bedroom for Junyer. Junyer gets carried away showing his appreciation.

Looney Moon - Bugs Bunny Builders
Wile E. Coyote asks the Looney Builders to help build a telescope while Tweety faces his fear of the dark.

Glamp Out - Bugs Bunny Builders
The Looney Builders are invited by Gossamer to go on a camp out. Daffy suggests that they should go "glamping" instead.

TsWade2

Great to see Speedy Gonzalez again. And it’s good to see the Bull again, but BBB made the Bull too cute, but that’s just me.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Great to see Speedy Gonzalez again. And it’s good to see the Bull again, but BBB made the Bull too cute, but that’s just me.
BBB makes every character cute. You'll also notice how no one on the show wants to eat each other or blow each other up. Know why? Little kids. It's a preschool show; that's what they do.

Last edited:

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
And it’s good to see the Bull again, but BBB made the Bull too cute, but that’s just me.
Uh, you do realized that was the point of Bugs Bunny Builders, right? It's supposed to be a show made for preschoolers.

Hell, Baby Looney Tunes does the exact same thing by making the characters cute, yet you hate Baby Looney Tunes.

Just saying.

awinger24

On EIDR, these episode titles for Season 2 are up to anyone's interpretation. I think they are going to go deeper into the library of legacy Looney Tunes characters while add all new characters for the show.

EIDR Record: Bugs Bunny Builders: Season 2 (2023, Season)

In addition to "Junior", "Looney Moon", and "Glamp Out" with their plot details revealed, these titles should spark interest. And could it open up to the idea of human characters in Looneyburg.

"The Great Flying Flea" (Circus episode? Mighty Angelo cameo?)
“Spell-Bound” (Halloween episode, Witch Hazel perhaps?)
“Robo-Runner" (Road Runner episode)
“The Snuffles” (Sniffles?)
“Rainy Day”
"Santa's Toyshop" (Christmas episode)
"Outer Space" (Marvin appearance?)
"Hare Ball" (Basketball episode)
"Squeaky Clean"
"Jazz Hooves"
"Cake Bake"
"The Easter Bunnies" (Easter episode)
"Porky Perfect Parade"
“Prizeworthy Birdie”
“Bugs and the Beanstalk”
“Grandpa Oink” (callback to one episode from Season 1 relating to Petunia Pig's grandfather, and the greenhouse and the ingredients to make his veggie soup are fully grown. My prediction.)
“Roller Disco”
“Coaster Contest”
“Polar Plunge”
“The Looney Games” (Sports/Olympics themed episode)
“Sam’s Stylin’ Salon” (Sam Sheepdog role?)
“Beignet Day” (Mardi Gras/New Orleans/swamp episode?)
“Cuckoo Cuckoo”
“Fire Fighters”
“Pauleen’s Pins”
“Surf’s Up” (Beach episode)
“This Sand is Your Sand” (Another beach episode)
“Balloon Voyage”
“Mamma Mia” (Italian themed?)
"Dodo's Wacky Funhouse"
"Yosemite Sam"
"Carnaval" (Brazil themed?)
"Super Builders" (Superhero theme?)
"Coconut Hut"
"Puppet Showstopper"
"Miss Prissy's Market"
"Baseball Bunnies" (Baseball theme)

I am surprised and excited to see more obscure characters like Sam Sheepdog, Yoyo Dodo, and Miss Prissy. It would be wild if they included Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and Granny in the show (not counting their painted cameos in one episode).

So far, every major Looney Tunes character has been used except those three including Pepé Le Pew. And if I had a lucky guess at which episode out of those 40 where Pepé can make a quick cameo or at least a speaking role, it can be "Squeaky Clean" where he learns something about good hygiene even if he's a skunk, "Cake Bake" if they were to reuse the scrapped chef concept from Tiny Toons Looniversity. I saw that a voice actress shared a deleted post and it involved a new gator character in "Beignet Day", but if they squeezed in a Pepé cameo, the episode would have to take place in New Orleans famous for Mardi Gras and that delicious snack of beignets.

What are your thoughts on this list of episodes? Each one is going to stand out on there own, and I think Bugs is going to have a handful of episodes that center on him (and that is major improvement over the number of Tweety episodes they had to write for the first season because of his 80th birthday being a huge priority among the company.)

Last edited:

TsWade2

Uh, you do realized that was the point of Bugs Bunny Builders, right? It's supposed to be a show made for preschoolers.

Hell, Baby Looney Tunes does the exact same thing by making the characters cute, yet you hate Baby Looney Tunes.

Just saying.
You're right! I hate Baby Looney Tunes. But like I said, it's just me. :rolleyes:

awinger24

awinger24

Season 2A of Bugs Bunny Builders will stream on Max Tuesday, March 26th.

Chances are that it could premiere first on Cartoon Network the preceding Monday, March 25th.

Maybe it is a first batch of five episodes like the previous one in November. I think "The Easter Bunnies" might be one of the first since Easter falls on March 31st this year.

UPDATE:

TV Passport, TV Insider and a few websites listed the synopsis for the first two episodes of Season 2.

3/25 - "The Easter Bunnies" - The Easter Bunny is sick, so she hires The Looney Builders to take over the festivities and ensure Looneyburg has a great Easter.

3/26 - "Junior" - The Looney Builders are hired by Ma and Pa Bear to build a bedroom for their son, Junior, whose excitement causes setbacks.

3/27 - "Looney Moon" - When The Looney Builders help Wile E. Coyote build a telescope to view the Looney Moon, Tweety must face his fear of the dark.

3/28 - "Glamp Out" - Gossamer invites The Looney Builders on a camping trip. They plan to build a simple campsite until Daffy insists they go glamping instead.

3/29 - "Outer Space" - The Looney Builders build Marvin the Martian and his Martian crew a space station. Marvin soon becomes overwhelmed by his Martian crew's antics and lack of personal space.

Last edited:

awinger24

Just a reminder that the new season is premiering on Monday. No promotion coming from Max at all.

It will still be around. It won't get purged.

TsWade2

I have to admit, Wile E Coyote is so cute for being excited for the Looney Moon.

awinger24

The new season was not promoted. I see that Cartoonito is slowly phasing out. I don't see it getting written off because it is being promoted well in international markets.

My recap on the World Tour episodes.

"Castle Hassle" - The Builders are being bossed around by a lion prince in England. They teach how teamwork and being helpful can get a job done.

"Catwalk" - One of my favorites of the season. Penelope was the highlight. Viewers will appreciate the lesson at how one's individuality can go from doing the bare minimum to encouragement of creativity by bringing one's own style. Daffy had the best funny moments in the episode. Very clever on the term "catwalk" as they brought back the French feline who was cut from the new Space Jam.

"Dim Sum" - A fall in the pit, a gain in your wit. Bugs wants to impress his favorite chef in China. He learns that mistakes (and when we learn from them), can lead to great successes. They build a dim sum back and evaluate after not taking into account the bumpy streets of the city.

"Crane Game" - The Builders go to Japan. Tweety his hestitant to let go of using his crane claw. He learns a valuable lesson at how sacrificing something for a good cause can really be helpful.

"Speedy" - We see the Looney Builders rush to build a soccer stadium for Speedy Gonzales. After their initial attempt fails, they learn from Speedy that some things take time. Taking one's time can lead to efficency.

With that out of the way, I enjoyed each episode in the new batch.

“The Easter Bunnies”, The Builders hop to it bringing Easter to Looneyburg when the Easter Bunny is down with the snuffles. This episode teaches viewers that in life, sometimes you need to act fast when the unexpected happens especially with the Easter cottage.

“Junior” - The Three Bears appear. Pa is easily annoyed by Junior’s not-so-gentle actions. The Builders build Junior a race-car themed bedroom. They teach Junior not to get too excited so he can be gentle with his things.

"Looney Moon" - Tweety faces his fear of the dark when the Builders put together a telescope. After Tweety messes up, he learns that the dark is not always scary, it can be beautiful.

"Glamp Out" - Daffy turns a simple camping trip into "glamping". He learns to take things into account and under consideration from his friends and Gossamer and tries camping.

"Outer Space" - Marvin the Martian appears again. And we see the Instant Martians, his crew, invading his own personal space which stresses him out. With advice from Porky, sometimes a coping mechanism is needed when he realizes it is okay to have his own space.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
awinger24 said:
The new season was not promoted. I see that Cartoonito is slowly phasing out. I don't see it getting written off because it is being promoted well in international markets.

awinger24 said:
Just a reminder that the new season is premiering on Monday. No promotion coming from Max at all.

It will still be around. It won't get purged.

No one thinks that Bugs Bunny Builders is going to get "written off" or "purged", but some people might start to think that if you keep suggesting it.

No offense, man, but you really need to relax. Everything isn't on the verge of getting "written off". It's not like Max has been going out of its way to promote its kid-vid shows up to this point.

I get it. What happened with David Zaslav and Coyote VS ACME has got you spooked and now you're crazy worried about Looney Tunes' future and you now think that every Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network show is in danger of being erased. I get it, but this isn't healthy. This is paranoia on steroids. For crying out loud, please wait until something actually happens before you start overreacting.

And for the record, it's only the newer WB projects that were written off for tax purposes. The older shows on Max like The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Close Enough were removed from Max in order to avoid paying their creators royalties. That doesn't make it any better, of course, but I wanted to point that out.

Last edited:

awinger24

Sometimes, the show could also be referred to as Tweety Builders. Tweety is front and center and he is often the focus in many episodes. I get that he is more marketable to its preschool audience, but I feel it is a real bait and switch.

Bugs Bunny, despite having his name in the title, is often sidelined or taken a backseat. He only gets a handful of episodes that focus on him.

To an extent, Daffy gets a good amount of episodes.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Sometimes, the show could also be referred to as Tweety Builders. Tweety is front and center and he is often the focus in many episodes. I get that he is more marketable to its preschool audience, but I feel it is a real bait and switch.

Bugs Bunny, despite having his name in the title, is often sidelined or taken a backseat. He only gets a handful of episodes that focus on him.

To an extent, Daffy gets a good amount of episodes.
Honestly, the show could have just as easily been titled Looney Builders, since that's the company's name in-universe. The only reason Bugs' name is in the title is because Bugs is the face of the Looney Tunes franchise and as such, he's the most marketable character. It's really no more Bugs' show than it is anyobe else's.

And I don't feel that Tweety is running away with the show. That's just your own perspective because you dislike the character. I know that I didn't like how Rugrats started to feel like it was Angelica's show due to how she was suddenly shoehorned into every single episode. However, it's worth noting that I never liked Rugrats and I can't stand Angelica and people who were fans of the show didn't see this as a problem.

Bringing this back to Bugs, the issue as I see it is that Bugs' primary characteristic is that he's too hip for the room, and thus he isn't as flawed as the other characters. It also has to do with this type of show and its target audience. Bugs Bunny can't really be Bugs Bunny when there's no adversary for him to outwit. Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam are nowhere in sight, and characters like Marvin Martian, Wile E Coyote and Gossamer are friends instead of being threats to anyone's safety or wellbeing. ON BBB, there are no bad guys around for Bugs to go full Groucho Marx on, which doesn't leave him with much to do beyond making wise cracks. Obviously, this being a preschool show, many of the characters' extremes have been toned down to make them more kid-friendly, but Bugs can't be much of a hero in a world where there are no villains.

Last edited:

awinger24

All episodes so far fit with my initial review of the show. The stories are paced just right. The art direction, character dynamics, and the talented voice cast (Eric Bauza, Bob Bergen, Chandni Parekh, and Jeff Bergman) all stand out. And it feels like a Looney Tunes show with the slapstick, zany antics, and witty humor kept in too. It's enjoyable, cute, and funny at times. In each story, it shows how important everyone’s ideas are. Children learn through repetition as “hard hat time” is an easy to remember catchphrase, and the mantra that the Looney Builders get the job done showcases a ongoing theme of confidence even through all the challenges and surprises thrown at them. There are plenty of great life lessons too. What I want to add on is how they handled the main characters so far.

Bugs could not do much of his signature flair in a world free of violence. He is still a natural born leader who helps out whenever he is needed on screen. That is why you have the other characters sharing the spotlight. Bugs got three episodes that highlight of him. I have no issues as long as all of the main characters, including Bugs help out and share equal screen time.

First of all, I have no problem with Daffy as he is the funniest character on the show as he should be. His screwball personality used in recent projects makes him a good fit and this would sometimes cause problems with the build.

I like what they did with Lola Bunny. Better than Space Jam: A New Legacy and Tiny Toons Looniversity where she is kinda bland. You want to have role models that preschoolers can look up to. Lola does not do everything by herself. She listens to her friends even when bringing ideas to the table and she works together with them to build and fix whatever they are building. She has quirks (making puns and often explaining them) and they use her competitive nature to drive the conflict in a couple of episodes.

Porky does get a handful of episodes and yet they find ways to use him, although not very much. It's his strive for perfection and his timid behavior that can drive or solve the conflict for a few episodes.

Tweety having the focus in most episodes is my only nitpick (I think it had to do with the brand synergy considering that the first season was being written before his 80th birthday campaign). He is often reserved in plots where as the littlest guy can do big things. That includes being the bigger person in times of doubt. (I also think that Lola and Tweety are best friends just like how Babs and Sweetie are best friends in Tiny Toons Looniversity, but its just mere speculation.)

With that aside, the episodes where they focus on the main characters or the side characters are a way for preschoolers to connect with storylines that resonate with them (being scared of something, gaining confidence, learning to let things go, sharing, having potential, how inspiration drives creativity, redemption, etc.)

Bugs Bunny Builders stands out because with a beloved franchise like the Looney Tunes and with plenty of characters to use as a way of worldbuilding connected with a child's fascination of vehicles and building, the show has its own identity.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts