"Bugs Bunny Builders" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

rwinger24

The first episode has been uploaded to Cartoonito's YouTube channel. I saw it earlier and I really enjoyed it :)
I watched it yesterday and it’s promising so far. Within 10 minutes, putting the Looney Tunes in a preschool format was well executed here. It stays faithful to the brand while also aiming for a young audience.

There’s enough zany/wacky humor to entertain just about anyone. And it fits Cartoonito’s human-centric curriculum as the show’s target audience will learn some essential skills like cooperation, teamwork, dedication, and responsibility all while being fascinated by the process of a construction project and of course the main characters’ dynamics and confidence to get the job done.

It improves from Baby Looney Tunes as the dynamic/style of preschool writing has changed as Bugs Bunny Builders is allowed to be its own thing.

Overall, a solid start. And I look forward to more great stories, wacky designs, and possible more character appearances along the way. This is a show that not only preschoolers/parents would love (probably Kindergarten and 1st grade students too), but also all Looney Tunes fans. Fun for all ages.

Last edited:

rwinger24

I have watched all 8 episodes of "Bugs Bunny Builders" and I have my final verdict. An entertaining Looney Tunes show for preschoolers, and eventually everyone, combining classic cartoon humor with essential skills and life lessons making it a job well done.

Each episode either takes the Looney Builders (Bugs Bunny, Lola Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, and Tweety) to anywhere in Looneyburg to build all sorts of construction jobs for the citizens or sometimes, for their friends or themselves.

The stories are paced just right. The art direction, character dynamics, and the talented voice cast (Eric Bauza, Bob Bergen, Chandni Parekh, and Jeff Bergman) all stand out. And it feels like a Looney Tunes show with the slapstick, zany antics, and witty humor kept in too. It's enjoyable, cute, and funny at times.

In each story, it shows how important everyone’s ideas are. Children learn through repetition as “hard hat time” is an easy to remember catchphrase, and the mantra that the Looney Builders get the job done showcases a ongoing theme of confidence even through all the challenges and surprises thrown at them.

My favorite episodes are definitely what I call the "essential" type of episodes where the Looney Builders help the citizens of Looneyburg. There are even "nonessential" type of episodes where they build something for themselves or for their friends and they are nice breather episodes after all.

---------

Splash Zone - 5/5 - A great starter episode. Mayor of Looneyburg, Foghorn Leghorn keeps asking the Looney Builders to add more to the water slide and Bugs reluctantly agrees. Compromise is highlighted as Bugs is the focal character in this episode. Trying the make everyone happy while sticking to the plan is very hard to do.

Ice Creamed - 3.5/5 - Quite fun as the Looney Builders decide to build a huge ice cream sundae. Taz's antics are so funny in this one. Porky is the focal point as we learn something about second chances and having self-confidence conquering over fear.

Race Track Race - 5/5 - This appears to be a rework of the original test pilot. It's a very fun episode as Daffy gets carried away. And the fact Daffy completed the race track while the race was happening makes it fun ticking clock story. Daffy takes responsibility for the detour. Once again, compromise is an important essential preschool skill needed as Lola demonstrates how quick thinking can save the day.

Dino Fright - 4/5 - Tweety is the star of the episode. He has a phobia of dinosaurs. It teaches how its okay to be afraid something, but at the same time, bravery is important. The opening scene was actually a surprising foreshadow of the climax. Good surprises and antics. Props for explaining what a paleontologist is expanding one's vocabulary.

Snow Cap - 4.5/5 - A cool and fun episode. Pauleen Penguin takes some inspiration from Playboy Penguin. Wile E. Coyote appears (voiced by Keith Ferguson) and he speaks. Lola is the focal character in this one as she realizes she got the design wrong. Jumping ahead could get the smallest/important details wrong. One just might know something about penguins. The design of the ice house is just nice.

Tweety-Go-Round - 4/5 - Tweety promises a new merry-go-round at the park for the kids (Hippety Hopper, Pussyfoot, Eggbert, and Sniffles). As his crane breaks down, he still wants to help out in the other Looney builders vehicles. Even the smallest person can make a huge effort as Tweety saves the day. The boogie button and Rocky montage jokes are spot on.

Smash House - 4/5 - Taz steals the show with many smash related gags. Taz can really smash through anything. As all the Looney Builders are in focus, they try different designs to make sure his new house smash proof. Wile E. Coyote appears again and it's fun seeing him and Taz paired up for one scene. We learn something about consideration involving Taz's smashing.

Play Day - 3.5/5 - A nice breather episode. The Looney Builders build themselves a playground. It's Daffy's turn in the spotlight as he learns how sharing is important. Daffy is screwy but he is not that greedy as he was in Baby Looney Tunes. He just got overexcited.

----------------

I give this show a 4.5/5. (9/10). There are a lot more episodes on the way including one where the Looney Builders build a new nest for Mama Buzzard and her children.

With Sam Register and everyone at Warner Bros. Animation wanting to stay true to the slapstick roots of the Looney Tunes brand while bringing them to modern audiences, Looney Tunes Cartoons and now, Bugs Bunny Builders have done just that.

As stated earlier, this show successfully combines the Looney Tunes' cartoon humor with preschool values/storytelling. Props to the voice actors (Eric Bauza, Bob Bergen, Chandni Parkeh, Jeff Bergman), writers and storyboarders, and producers (Abe Audish, Nicole Belisle) for a great show and a job well done.

Preschoolers/young children aged (5-7) are gonna love the show. Same with their parents who grew up on Looney Tunes. And I'm sure Bugs Bunny Builders will win over older audiences/fans of all ages too. It stands on its own merits for sure.

Last edited:

wiley207

Judging by the sound effects, I'm guessing Sound Rebels is doing the sound design/editing for this show. While there are still some H-B sound effects, in that case it feels more like the Animaniacs revival's use of them, but this means this show might even end up using more classic Treg Brown/WB sounds than "Looney Tunes Cartoons" does! (After all, the "Animaniacs" revival indeed does use more classic WB sound effects than "Looney Tunes Cartoons".)
It's actually
Advantage Audio
doing the sound editing, and they'll also be doing "Tiny Toons Looniversity". Ugh! (Well, unless if they have one of their newer fresh editors like
Shaun Cunningham, who worked on "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who!"
, working on these shows, then it might not be so bad.)

TsWade2

I’ve been watching it, and once again, it’s so cute, cuddly, and (Dare I say it) looney! I can’t believe they make that cute and cuddly Pussyfoot the cat talk! Oh, my heart!:anime:

wiley207

Nice to hear Wile E. Coyote speaking again! Who's doing the voice? Sounds like it's either Eric Bauza or J.P. Karliak, or maybe even like when James Arnold Taylor did his voice on "Scooby Doo & Looney Tunes Cartoon Universe: Adventure" eight years ago. But I'm pretty sure it's Bauza.
Now that the show has aired, the secret's out. It's actually
Keith Ferguson, who also voiced Cecil Turtle in "Looney Tunes Cartoons".

TsWade2

I wonder if there’s going to be more episodes of this cute and cuddly preschool show.

rwinger24

I wonder if there’s going to be more episodes of this cute and cuddly preschool show.
One of the writers on Bugs Bunny Builders, Sam Bissonnette, was involved with 40 episodes as a staff writer. Season 1 is likely confirmed to have 40 segments (20 half-hour shows). And Season 2 is already in production.

A lot more on the way.

We have the Looney Builders building a larger nest for Mama Buzzard and her children.

And we have 2 unknown episodes with 2 Hard Hat Time gags involving Daffy Duck dressed up as Duck Dodgers (likely to be a space-themed episode), and one where he dresses like Robin Hood from the 1958 Chuck Jones short.

Action!

One of the writers on Bugs Bunny Builders, Sam Bissonnette, was involved with 40 episodes as a staff writer. Season 1 is likely confirmed to have 40 segments (20 half-hour shows). And Season 2 is already in production.

A lot more on the way.

We have the Looney Builders building a larger nest for Mama Buzzard and her children.

And we have 2 unknown episodes with 2 Hard Hat Time gags involving Daffy Duck dressed up as Duck Dodgers (likely to be a space-themed episode), and one where he dresses like Robin Hood from the 1958 Chuck Jones short.
It’s cool that they’re referencing Duck Dodgers!

rwinger24

It’s cool that they’re referencing Duck Dodgers!
BBBD_550_Still_01-2.jpg

Robin Hood Daffy and Duck Dodgers (as Daffy says the name of the famous cartoon).
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 7.49.52 PM.jpg

Last edited:

rwinger24

EIDR Record: Bugs Bunny Builders (2022, Series)

Here is all the Season 1 episode titles for "Bugs Bunny Builders" thanks to the EIDR website, including the ones that have aired.

One is listed as "Wt: China" which appears to be a place holder, and it is the 39th out of the 40 episodes produced.

The list is in production order.

• 1. Cheesy Peasy (BBBD 541)
  • 2. Dino Fright (BBBD 542) (2b)
  • 3. Race Track Race (BBBD 543) (2a)
  • 4. Ice Creamed (BBBD 544) (1b)
  • 5. Splash Zone (BBBD 545) (1a)
  • 6. Rock On (BBBD 546)
  • 7. Buzz In (BBBD 547)
  • 8. Snow Cap (BBBD 548) (3a)
  • 9. Tweety-Go-Round (BBBD 549) (3b)
  • 10. Stories (BBBD 550)
  • 11. Smash House (BBBD 551) (4a)
  • 12. Play Day (BBBD 552) (4b)
  • 13. Looneyburg Lights Part 1 (BBBD 553)
  • 14. Looneyburg Lights Part 2 (BBBD 554)
  • 15. Big Feet (BBBD 555)
  • 16. Game Time (BBBD 556)
  • 17. Beach Battle (BBBD 557)
  • 18. Soup Up (BBBD 558)
  • 19. Squirreled Away (BBBD 559)
  • 20. Looney Science (BBBD 560)
  • 21. Batty Kathy (BBBD 561)
  • 22. Sea School (BBBD 562)
  • 23. Mail Whale (BBBD 563)
  • 24. Honey Bunny (BBBD 564)
  • 25. Underwater Star (BBBD 565)
  • 26. Goofballs (BBBD 566)
  • 27. Skate Park (BBBD 567)
  • 28. Cheddar Days (BBBD 568)
  • 29. Blast Off (BBBD 569)
  • 30. K-9: Space Puppy (BBBD 570)
  • 31. Cousin Bill (BBBD 571)
  • 32. Castle Hassle (BBBD 572)
  • 33. Bright Light (BBBD 573)
  • 34. Putt Putt (BBBD 574)
  • 35. Speedy (BBBD 575)
  • 36. Party Boat (BBBD 576)
  • 37. Catwalk (BBBD 577)
  • 38. Taz Recycle (BBBD 578)
  • 39. (TBA) (BBBD 579)
  • 40. Crane Game (BBBD 580)
If there was anything I can take away we have a two parter. And judging by the titles "Blast Off", and "K9: Space Puppy", this is the space episode. And it has the Hard Hat Time gag of Daffy as Duck Dodgers.
1659514517713.png

In the Animation Magazine article, Play Day's production number is BBBD 552. Another one has BBBD 550, and that is the episode titled "Stories".

1659514498166.png

Also, the episode where the Looney Builders build a nest for Mama Buzzard and her children appears to be titled "Buzz In", (BBBD 547).

What are your thoughts on the list?

Last edited:

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
EIDR Record: Bugs Bunny Builders (2022, Series)

Here is all the Season 1 episode titles for "Bugs Bunny Builders" thanks to the EIDR website, including the ones that have aired.

One is listed as "Wt: China" which appears to be a place holder, and it is the 39th out of the 40 episodes produced.

The list is in production order.

• 1. Cheesy Peasy (BBBD 541)
  • 2. Dino Fright (BBBD 542) (2b)
  • 3. Race Track Race (BBBD 543) (2a)
  • 4. Ice Creamed (BBBD 544) (1b)
  • 5. Splash Zone (BBBD 545) (1a)
  • 6. Rock On (BBBD 546)
  • 7. Buzz In (BBBD 547)
  • 8. Snow Cap (BBBD 548) (3a)
  • 9. Tweety-Go-Round (BBBD 549) (3b)
  • 10. Stories (BBBD 550)
  • 11. Smash House (BBBD 551) (4a)
  • 12. Play Day (BBBD 552) (4b)
  • 13. Looneyburg Lights Part 1 (BBBD 553)
  • 14. Looneyburg Lights Part 2 (BBBD 554)
  • 15. Big Feet (BBBD 555)
  • 16. Game Time (BBBD 556)
  • 17. Beach Battle (BBBD 557)
  • 18. Soup Up (BBBD 558)
  • 19. Squirrel Park (BBBD 559)
  • 20. Looney Science (BBBD 560)
  • 21. Batty Kathy (BBBD 561)
  • 22. Sea School (BBBD 562)
  • 23. Mail Whale (BBBD 563)
  • 24. Honey Bunny (BBBD 564)
  • 25. Underwater Star (BBBD 565)
  • 26. Goofballs (BBBD 566)
  • 27. Skate Park (BBBD 567)
  • 28. Cheddar Days (BBBD 568)
  • 29. Blast Off (BBBD 569)
  • 30. K-9: Space Puppy (BBBD 570)
  • 31. Cousin Bill (BBBD 571)
  • 32. Castle Hassle (BBBD 572)
  • 33. Bright Light (BBBD 573)
  • 34. Putt Putt (BBBD 574)
  • 35. Speedy (BBBD 575)
  • 36. Party Boat (BBBD 576)
  • 37. Catwalk (BBBD 577)
  • 38. Taz Recycle (BBBD 578)
  • 39. (TBA) (BBBD 579)
  • 40. Crane Game (BBBD 580)
Why do I have a feeling Warner Bros Discovery is gonna cancel the show before we get to see these episodes

rwinger24

Animation Magazine's article on the show also included a screenshot from an upcoming episode.

The two dogs from Friz Freleng's short, "Tree for Two", named Spike and Chester will appear in this one.
1660494128078.png

Goldstar!

Here comes the boom!
I'm now wondering if any of the human Looney Tunes characters, such as Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Granny and Witch Hazel, will appear on this show. All of the citizens of Acmeburg that we've seen thus far have been animal characters.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 20th Anniversary to the Disney Channel Bounce Era (2002-2007).

Want to give me the best birthday present EVER? Catch up on Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse at my site! And be sure to read it in order! If you sneak ahead for spoilers I'll give you SUCH a pinch!
It's muh burp-day!

Braaap!

That tasted better going down than coming up.
Halloween month is tomorrow!

Featured Posts