Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
1632629149262.png
1632629154518.png

1632629770251.png

Opening: Grandeur by Snow Man
Ending: Beautiful by Treasure

Last Time: Just when it seems like Secre has trapped Vanica, Megicula takes over Vanica's body and easily escapes the trap. She then defeats and immobilizes Undine and Loropechika. An angered Noelle manages to draw blood against Megicula, and an impressed Vanica asks Noelle for her name. Meanwhile, Yami continues his fight with Dante. Yami seemingly defeats Dante using a new technique, but Dante simply heals himself. Yami then tells Asta that he'll need his help, and Asta eagerly joins Yami.

This Time: Asta and Yami work together to battle against Dante.

NOTES: As always, no spoilers! Thank you!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Vanica just cemented her death by kidnapping the queen. There's no way Noelle doesn't kill her in the rematch.

And that's what you get for being a disciple, you're just used as collateral.

Cheap shot in the moment of a big win.

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
While these final episodes of Black Clover have some impressive action sequences, their plots are getting kind of formulaic. Insanely powerful villains are winning, underdog heroes figure out how to defeat them and the day is seemingly saved, but then! the villains reveal some new power that lets them regain the advantage and the heroes are worse off than before. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh, and if for some reason Yami doesn't make it to the end of the series, I'm gonna be pissed.

TerraKnight

While these final episodes of Black Clover have some impressive action sequences, their plots are getting kind of formulaic. Insanely powerful villains are winning, underdog heroes figure out how to defeat them and the day is seemingly saved, but then! the villains reveal some new power that lets them regain the advantage and the heroes are worse off than before. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh, and if for some reason Yami doesn't make it to the end of the series, I'm gonna be pissed.

Doesn't the execution matter? It is a Shonen series and people are responding to said arc well.

And it's worth noting that Asta and Yami could barely defeat Dante, hence why the latter got captured by Zenon easily.

Last edited:

marklungo

Doesn't the execution matter? It is a Shonen series and people are responding to said arc well.

And it's worth noting that Asta and Yami could barely defeat Dante, hence why the latter got captured by Zenon easily.
Admittedly, the execution is good and the story is compelling. However, I still feel like I'm being jerked around to a certain extent. I assume the Black Bulls will turn things around in the next few episodes, but it's taking a long time to get there.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Admittedly, the execution is good and the story is compelling. However, I still feel like I'm being jerked around to a certain extent. I assume the Black Bulls will turn things around in the next few episodes, but it's taking a long time to get there.
Idk, I think Dante and his devil being killed was the last big win before this run completes in 3 weeks. And hell, that might just be overturned by Zenon and Vanica. I've got a feeling it may end the same way Demon Slayer season 1 did. Pyrrhic victory, sulking, then beginning the next phase of training. And when the anime picks up again, it'll start on a training arc and the big rematches.

marklungo

Idk, I think Dante and his devil being killed was the last big win before this run completes in 3 weeks. And hell, that might just be overturned by Zenon and Vanica. I've got a feeling it may end the same way Demon Slayer season 1 did. Pyrrhic victory, sulking, then beginning the next phase of training. And when the anime picks up again, it'll start on a training arc and the big rematches.
So has it been confirmed that the anime will continue beyond this season?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So has it been confirmed that the anime will continue beyond this season?
Not that I know of. The only thing confirmed is the movie. I imagine it will join the list of those that will eventually continue at some point when enough arcs have completed in the manga. Maybe it will be addressed at Jump Fest in December.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
A continuation isn't technically confirmed....but the fact that they're making a movie is a good sign. Normally, anime companies will release movies, OVAs, spin-off manga, or even video games during a break, so that fans and casuals don't forget/lose interest in the series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts