C&C - Blade Runner: Black Lotus - "All We Are Not" [11/13]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Ehh, he was going to pass a voter suppression law next week anyway.

"Go fails to reward aggression, and it makes for a pretty boring anime."

Nobodyman

The worst part is, he was yet another Kennedy.

Elle's dead. Well, that was a short series.

Ooh, Voight-Kampff test next week.

animePWNS

Welcome to the family
She can't die yet! This show is too good so far!
Especially the early 2000s CG style.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Well, looks like Elle is dead...and then the preview says "Nope!"

Interesting that it says "Episode 103" and the previous episode was "Episode 102." Does that mean "Episode 101" will air later?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wallace Sr. shaking hands with a senator. Tell me if you've heard this story before. Hmm, wonder how long before Junior shows up but will Leto be voicing him?

Ooopsie, a replicant kills a human... scumbag.

Nope, no Leto. Ah, memory making. Little bridge to 2049.

Essentially a brand new replicant with PTSD and amnesia from being hunted. Okay, intrigued.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Well, looks like Elle is dead...and then the preview says "Nope!"

Interesting that it says "Episode 103" and the previous episode was "Episode 102." Does that mean "Episode 101" will air later?
I don't understand that either.

Someone said in the other topic that Doc Badger is from 2049 and I don't remember him from that movie. His animation was pretty bad. The problem with mocap is that it often lacks gravity with what it's laid onto.

The Senator falling off the balcony was from the wrong angle. They should've cut to a view from below. Seeing him drop all the way down in a shot from above and having him splat while really tiny is...not impactful.

SpaceCowboy

This reminds me a bit of Battle Angel (the manga, not the live-action James Cameron movie), but with the main heroine fighting Matrix-like humans instead of mutated cyborgs.
The mural Elle walks by of herself sprouting angel wings looks a lot like Gally/Alita from the manga cover pages.

Doesn't remind me much of the live-action Blade Runner movies, except for the scene in the first one where Harrison Ford's character talks to a guy at a ramen stand and also that moving billboard of a geisha.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Someone said in the other topic that Doc Badger is from 2049 and I don't remember him from that movie. His animation was pretty bad. The problem with mocap is that it often lacks gravity with what it's laid onto.
K and Joi see him about the wooden horse and the radiation they detect is what leads K to Deckard in Las Vegas.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Elle finding out that she is a replicant was interesting. That is generally one of the aspects of the franchise that I was aware of. People hunting down replicant for sport sounds psychotic and horrific, so of course a politician would be all over it. That Senator really had lousy security if Elle could supposedly kill them and the Senator without drawing any initial attention. It was pretty funny how he fell down on the floor and apparently no on really reacted to it.

Elle probably could have avoided the police if she kept more of a low profile or blended into the crowd, but considering that she just learned the truth about herself, she wasn't really in a clear mindset to begin with. I was a bit surprised that the man she went to learn more about her camera shot her, but he had a more unique design, so he wouldn't be just a one off character. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Blade Runner: Black Lotus "All We Are Not"

Bannister is kind of a monster. It's easy to see why the Replicants rebelled.

Interesting that Wallace Sr. doesn't like the game Go because it doesn't reward aggression. Says a lot about the character.

Pretty shocking ending. Not sure where they can go from here.

Liked it better than the first episode. ***1/2.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm not sure what Nick waiting for: every weekend Nick is airing keep it here Nick ads for Warped! But still no word for whether it's cancelled or renewed.
Recently actor James Hong was interviewed on Jimmy Kimmel. He's 93 but still going strong. Really cool!
so I switch on disney xd and to my surprise, chip & dale rescue rangers is on

For someone who's been around less than a year, Barbie Brooklyn Roberts has gotten plenty of (well deserved) attention.
According to zap2it, nick@nite will air Seinfeld starting early Tues May 31 2am-4am, that means Mom will be off the lineup after May 26.

Featured Posts