C&C - Food Wars: The Fourth Plate - "You're Through" [9/18]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"I'm sensing some real feelings of resentment here!"
That's just me.

You know, they don't have to be naked for these magic tricks.

A Double Half-Moon pizza? So a full moon pizza?

Nobodyman

"That pizza you made looks like two half moons."
...Yeah. Because they're semi-circles. That's how pizzas work.

How many times are we going to see these judges get naked?

And Takumi wins. Wonderful.

Four seasons of Food Wars and yet season 2 of Assassination Classroom still eludes us. Life's not fair.

animePWNS

1955-2024
In the manga, Anne's name was Une, so the counting was different.

So long, Eizan.

The moon motif was appropriate for his dish. The moon's made of cheese, right?

Now it's just Soma vs. the Samurai.

TerraKnight

Disappointed?
I don’t blame you.
So Megumi’s losing streak continues.

Just to let you know, Megumi didn't even have a losing streak when she won a Food War against a Central Elite chef to save her club along with Ikumi.

WickedChild

Kissing the shadows
Typical shonen anime outcome. The girl loses, the boy wins.

Megumi is wasted on this show.

You, uh, realize she lost to a girl, right?

If Megumi sucks so bad, then how is she one of the four remaining rebel students?

Cause she hadn't fought yet.

But yeah, Megumi's totally never gonna win a Food War. At least not against someone who matters. She's basically the Yaoyorozu of this show.

Last edited:

Rod G

You, uh, realize she lost to a girl, right?

Cause she hadn't fought yet.

But yeah, Megumi's totally never gonna win a Food War. At least not against someone who matters. She's basically the Yaoyorozu of this show.
More like the Yamcha.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Geez, is Megumi ever going to get a win? I guess it was something that Momo no longer considers her inferior...

Oh, ok, so Takumi got to win. It was nice seeing him come full circle in the show and defeat a Ten.

All that annoyance with Megui losing aside, Eizan is such a glutton for punishment. lol. The faces he makes, lmao.

Rod G

Geez, is Megumi ever going to get a win? I guess it was something that Momo no longer considers her inferior...

Oh, ok, so Takumi got to win. It was nice seeing him come full circle in the show and defeat a Ten.

All that annoyance with Megui losing aside, Eizan is such a glutton for punishment. lol. The faces he makes, lmao.
Nah.

Momo is just a sore winner, that’s all.

I doubt Megumi will ever win, let alone graduate.

TerraKnight

Nah.

Momo is just a sore winner, that’s all.

I doubt Megumi will ever win, let alone graduate.

If she never wins, how did she save her club from a Central Elite in the first place? You do realize she's the only one who got a split vote in the Regiment de Cuisine right? You forgot that Momo is the 3rd seat and was never going to be an easy opponent as Soma is fighting the 4th seat.

I mean, are you EVEN watching/reading the show?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If she never wins, how did she save her club from a Central Elite in the first place? You do realize she's the only one who got a split vote in the Regiment de Cuisine right? You forgot that Momo is the 3rd seat and was never going to be an easy opponent as Soma is fighting the 4th seat.
Hmm, I think/hope she'll get a win eventually. All these build ups of close victories, interning, saving the club, the split vote have to lead to a big win otherwise it's for nothing.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I don't think you can say that girls don't win on this show when Rindo just beat some boys. This is the rare battle shonen where a girl, Erina plays the role of the main rival. It just seems like Megumi herself is often on the losing end, with the victory she had to protect her club being glossed over the show itself. This battle was supposed to come off as a moral victory for Megumi, but come on, there are no moral victories. I guess if Kitschensyngk can use Big 12 football metaphors concerning his alma mater so can I. Megumi is a Cowboy in that she's capable, just not able to get that national title.

WickedChild

Kissing the shadows
If we're going with sports metaphors, Megumi is Rudy - they'll make you root like hell for her but she'll never be able to seriously compete. Getting one judge to vote for her and getting encouraging consolation from her teammates is this show's equivalent of Rudy getting carried off the field after making one tackle on a meaningless play.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I don't think you can say that girls don't win on this show when Rindo just beat some boys. This is the rare battle shonen where a girl, Erina plays the role of the main rival. It just seems like Megumi herself is often on the losing end, with the victory she had to protect her club being glossed over the show itself. This battle was supposed to come off as a moral victory for Megumi, but come on, there are no moral victories. I guess if Kitschensyngk can use Big 12 football metaphors concerning his alma mater so can I. Megumi is a Cowboy in that she's capable, just not able to get that national title.
If Megumi were anything like KU football, she'd have been expelled a long time ago.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts