C&C - Housing Complex C - "Optical Illusion" *series premiere* [10/1]

Nobodyman

I think someone needs to clarify to Kimi what an optical illusion is.

Brand new BFF's forever!

Kimi's lived a sheltered life, hasn't she?

"Share my fear of the dog corpse!"

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Alright, we're using the seniority system when it comes to exploring haunted places.

Nobodyman

He may be a creepy shut-in, but, hey, he's a heck of a fast drawer.

And now we've got dead fish.

Oh, so they're Muslim?

Hey, lady, don't be an Islamophobe.

Umm, is he dead?

Sure, I guess we'll go with a generic pop song for this horror anime.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
No Kimi, it's not because it's hot that the old lady is being bigoted LOL.

Rocking intro(outro)!

animePWNS

1955-2024
Looks like we can expect some exciting frights here.

A shame Blade Runner and Shenmue were buried recently. So did Fena, but I didn't really care much for that.

SpaceCowboy

Was expecting J-horror along the lines of Ju-On ("The Grudge") and Hell Girl, but this... ? :shrug:

Pass. Too much talking and the atmosphere wasn't creepy enough. The characters were also boring.

Atleast Iczer-One had legit horror moments.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, so does Kimi live alone and pretends to be talking to her mom?

Ok, so Cthuluu mythos, an area where an indigenous people lived, Muslim interns, social and racial tension, a heat wave, super sonic powers, and reincarnation are in the mix.

But there's just 3 episodes left, right? Next week is really going to have to ramp up the tension and jump scares or it's going to the audience goodwill is going bye-bye.

Mildly intrigued in the show so far.

He may be a creepy shut-in, but, hey, he's a heck of a fast drawer.
So a pot shot at manga creators? :p

[classic swim]

SwimShady
I forgot this was premiering as Toonami was booting up! Been meaning to catch it and just got done watching.

That visual of Kurosaki will most likely stand to be my favorite thing about this series. Lovely shades of blue and green.

Kimi seemed like a nice kid at first, then the show kept going lol.

Comforting the shut-in was sweet of her. Playing with dead animals? Not so much.

I think it’s a neat little show. Doesn’t blow my socks off or anything. I’m homesick for AcTN so this kinda works for me.

I’m not too worried about the horror, or lack of horror. 4 episodes seems convenient enough. Life gets in the way, especially with Toonami, so I don’t always get to enjoy the programming.

I stopped following Fena after about six episodes in, I should try to get back to that sometime as well. Although probably not.

I’m alright with this being my favorite of the Williams Street credited anime as of now!

Otakuninja2006

Wow....

It ACTUALLY aired instead of being canned/written off at the last minute?

Not surprised it started off like that, they don't know what they're doing.....

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Not surprised to see this original get just as mixed a reaction here as the previous batch. Was curious to see what this show's MyAnimeList and IMDB ratings were, and it appears that nobody has scored this show. Wow. That's rare. It looks like the previous batch of originals had the benefit of Crunchyroll exposure that this show doesn't have. SpyXFamily and My Hero Academia season 6 just murdered Housing Complex C. Probably not going to resub to HBO Max unless the word of mouth drastically improves. Seems like Toonami's being murdered by Crunchyroll.

Otakuninja2006

Not surprised to see this original get just as mixed a reaction here as the previous batch. Was curious to see what this show's MyAnimeList and IMDB ratings were, and it appears that nobody has scored this show. Wow. That's rare. It looks like the previous batch of originals had the benefit of Crunchyroll exposure that this show doesn't have. SpyXFamily and My Hero Academia season 6 just murdered Housing Complex C. Probably not going to resub to HBO Max unless the word of mouth drastically improves. Seems like Toonami's being murdered by Crunchyroll.
I didn't even watch it because of how I feel about this whole situation, hence why I said what I said in my previous post here.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I didn't even watch it because of how I feel about this whole situation, hence why I said what I said in my previous post here.

I know Zaslav is dismantling Adult Swim brick by brick, but if a show is good, I'll watch it even if it means it'll get sacrificed to the tax gods. Based on everybody's reactions to the premiere, it doesn't look like it's worth an HBO Max subscription.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

I checked MyAnimeList just now and it looks like people have given scores now. It currently has a score of 6.14.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I checked MyAnimeList just now and it looks like people have given scores now. It currently has a score of 6.14.

Wow. That's a record low for a Toonami original. The next lowest score is FLCL Progressive at 6.37. Really, Toonami originals don't score well at all on My Anime List

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.

Featured Posts