RlTrtSd.png

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure - Part 5: Golden Wind
Opening: “Traitor’s Requiem” by Daisuke Hasegawa [Diavolo Ver.]
Ending: "Modern Crusaders" by Enigma

Characters
Me7AzrR.png

Giorno Giovanni
Voiced by: Phillip Reich
Stand: Golden Wind (JP: Gold Experience)
Abilities: Life Giver and Life Shot
Stats: Destructive Power - C / Speed - A / Range - C / Persistence - D / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - A
Namesake: Giorno (Italian for “day”) / Gold Experience (album by Prince)
Born Haruno Shiobana, Giorno is the son of the vampire DIO (using Jonathan Joestar’s body) and a Japanese woman. Inspired by a nice gangster who helped him as a child, Giorno has made it his mission in life to become part of the mafia and rise through its ranks to become its leader, determined to stop the drug trade that has targeted Italy’s youth. Sometime recently, his hair turned from black to blonde and he manifested a Stand known as Golden Wind, which has the ability to give anything it touches life. Giorno most often uses this ability to transform inanimate objects into living creatures.

puODoH7.png

Bruno Bucciarati
Voiced by: Ray Chase
Stand: Zipper Man (JP: Sticky Fingers)
Ability: Zippers
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - C / Persistence - D / Precision - C / Developmental Potential - D
Namesakes: “Buccellati” (Sicilian fig cookie) / “Sticky Fingers” (Rolling Stones album)
A member of the Passione mafia, Bruno is one of the more righteous members, sharing Giorno’s desire to uproot the organization from the inside. His Stand, Zipper Man, can create zippers, which can either sever things in two or create pocket dimensions within objects that can hold either himself or other items.

KQsW6J9.png

Guido Mista
Voiced by: Sean Chiplock
Stand: Six Bullets (JP: Sex Pistols)
Abilities: Bullet Control and Enhanced Reloading
Stats: Destructive Power - E / Speed - C / Range - B / Persistence - A / Precision - A / Developmental Potential - B
Namesakes: “Insalata mista” (Italian for “mixed salad”) / Sex Pistols (British punk rock band)
Mista is the laid-back member of Team Bucciarati, the most sociable and carefree with a desire for an easy life, a calmness that helps him to focus even in the heat of battle. At the same time, he is the most prone to casual violence for the pettiest of reasons. Mista also has an intense phobia of the number four, refusing to get into situations where the number comes up. Mista’s Stand, Six Bullets, is a Colony Stand type made up of six bullet-like creatures (numbered 1 to 7, skipping 4) that can help guide and control the bullets shot out of Mista’s gun via rebounding shots mid-air, as well as reloading the gun for Misa. Despite being Stands, each of the Six Bullets have distinct personalities separate from their user, can have conversations with Mista, and even eat food.

Y6CNiGa.png

Trish Una
Voiced by: Lizzie Freeman
Stand: Spicy Lady (JP: Spice Girl)
Ability: Softening
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - C / Persistence - B / Precision - D / Developmental Potential - C
Namesakes: Trish Gott (American model) / “una” (Italian for “one”) / Spice Girls (British pop group)
The estranged daughter of the Passione’s boss, Trish never knew her father and lived the first 15 years of her life with her mother until her passing. After this, she found herself placed under the mob’s protection, switching hands until winding up in the care of Buccarati’s group. Now she is targeted by her own father and his personal assassins, who intends to snuff her out to ensure his identity remains secret. While on their journey, Trish has manifested her own Stand, Spicy Lady, who has the ability to soften any material it touches into a rubber-like consistency.

JoJos-Part-5-Episode-34-1.jpg

Jean Pierre Polnareff
Voiced by: Doug Erholtz
Namesakes: Jean-Paul Belmondo (actor) / Michel Polnareff (musician)
In 1987, Jean Pierre Polnareff set off on a mission to hunt down the man with two left hands who killed his sister, with his search leading him into the clutches of the century-old vampire known as DIO. However, he was saved by the Joestar family, and aided them on their quest to kill DIO, exacting his revenge on his sister's killer along the way. Though he parted with his companions once their mission was complete, he kept in touch with Jotaro during the 90s, when the two of them learned of the Arrows. Polnareff's investigations alerted the attention of Diavolo, the Passione's boss, who personally confronted him. While Polnareff managed to escape, the encounter cost him an eye and his legs, and he went underground until the moment was right. That moment came when Buccarati's group stood to challenge the Boss, and with an Arrow in hand, Polnareff was ready to help put an end to the devil once and for all. But just before he could pass the Arrow onto Buccarati, Diavolo killed him. However Polnareff's Stand, Silver Chariot, was pierced by the Arrow just before death, and transformed into a new form: Chariot Requiem, which transferred his soul to the body of the turtle Coco Large, where he now lives on.

IupSVrW.png

Diavolo
Voiced by: Kellen Goff
Stand: Emperor Crimson (JP: King Crimson)
Ability: Time Erasure and Precognition
Stats: Destructive Power - A / Speed - A / Range - E / Persistence - E / Precision - Unknown / Developmental Potential - Unknown
Namesakes: Diavolo (Italian for “devil”) / King Crimson (British rock band)
Diavolo is the elusive leader of the Italian mafioso gang known as Passione. His identity is a complete mystery that he intends on upholding at all costs, which has now been threatened upon the discovery of his long lost daughter Trish. His Stand, the terrifying Emperor Crimson, has the seemingly unstoppable ability to perceive ten seconds ahead into the future and erase the events that would have transpired during that time (example: If someone tries to shoot the Boss with a gun, the Boss can erase the moment that the bullet would have pierced his body and remain unharmed). No one other than the Boss is able to remember or perceive those ten seconds, and only the Boss can alter events during it.

JoJo's%20Bizarre%20Adventure%20Golden%20Wind%20-%2037%20-%20Large%2022.jpg

Episodio 37 (150)
“King of Kings”
Chapters adapted: 584-587

Now:
After solving the mystery of Requiem, Diavolo steals the arrow by taking control of Trish's soul, planning to pierce his Stand. The final battle has at last begun.

JOJO'S JUKEBOX

This week’s Jukebox is "We March” by Prince from his "Gold" album.

Notes:
  • Next week, JoJo will air an hour later at 1:30 due to a live Run the Jewels concert.
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 63 of the Japanese manga release.
  • The first 20 episodes of Golden Wind are now on Blu-ray. The first four Parts of both the manga and the anime (as well as the live-action movie) are also available from Viz Media.
  • No spoilers! And stay safe.

Last edited:

Mr. Anime

Before the final fight of JoJo Part 5 begins, Here is an interesting video on Diavolo that's speculates he is less Two-Face and possibly more Satan or manifestation of King Crimson itself:

Nobodyman

Previously on JJBA: Will the real Diavolo please stand up?

When it comes to bad dads, anime really goes all out.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
He brought you into this world, and I think he intends to take you out.

*sees title*
Well, then, I guess it's...TIME TO PLAY THE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

Emperor Butterfingers.

A tangerine with zippers.

Nobodyman

*sees title*
Well, then, I guess it's...TIME TO PLAY THE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!
*sees title*
I am Diavolo, King of Kings. Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

The soul game is over. Thank goodness, I was getting really confused.

Been a long time coming, but I guess Bucciarati's finally gone.

Diavolo trying to pick up that arrow is like Peter Griffin trying to pick up a frog.

Nobodyman

Hell of a sendoff Bucciarati is getting. Much more extravagant than Narancia.

So are those mutated people gonna be okay or is that still happening?

Down to Giorno, Mista, and Trish.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"Bark bark bark bark--ugggh...what did I do last night?"

Oh, yeah, he's still here.

What's with his hair? He looks like a mutated strawberry.

Nobodyman

This is a weird variation on the Excalibur trope.

Congratulations! Your Golden Wind evolved into Golden Wind Requiem!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Golden Wind digibolves to...GOLDENWINDMON!

Nice one, Crims, you just gave him a makeover.

And this kid is related to Dio?

Again with the time control.

Nobodyman

King Crimson's power still confuses me. Isn't basically just the same as The World?

Now Diavolo can form his own chorus line.

Ah, some good ol' Ora Ora action.

Looks like you're pretty well screwed Diavola.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I never thought I'd say this, but this is the most confused I've ever been watching a JoJo episode.

Strawberry puree, anyone?

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Golden Wind Requiem. Canonically the most powerful Stand in the series, because its power is literally "no".

Two episodes left. If you're wondering how we have enough plot left to fill two episodes, technically we don't, but, well, you'll see.

Mr. Anime

King Crimson's power still confuses me. Isn't basically just the same as The World?

Ask for how Gold Experience Requiem works...
1602394687222.png

In other words: Diavolo can erase cause from effect.
Requiem’s power erases effect from cause.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
RIP Bucciarati, but did one last great act. Wow, they got really illustrative with his send off.

Oooh yeah, Diavolo gets a taste of his medicine at last. Just like the finale between Jotaro and Dio. I guess the World was more about stopping time but Crimson is about predicting then changing time. But that is worthless against Golden Wind Requiem with essentially the power of Ctrl+Z. :D :D

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Bucciarati does one last noble deed and ascends to Valhalla. Narancia gets impaled on some railings and Giorno simply takes his body back.
Narancia's stand did have the fly over and Giorno did create the flowers around his body at the stadium.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts