C&C - Mike Tyson Mysteries - Season Four Talkback

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Holy hell... I can't believe that's who Yung's biological father is.

Eldorado

When I woke up this morning I was slightly spoiled by a live Tweet and I figured one of the episodes revealed who Yung's mother (and/or father) was.

Thank GOD it didn't tell me who exactly was her father!

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
it does make me wonder about the series going forward if they're going to address it again. I mean Mike Tyson Mysteries obviously isn't a show that is dreadfully concerned with it's cannon but with elements like Deezy staying over because he has nowhere else to go being a constant thing this season seems like there's some attempt at least a bit of continuity.

Thus it feels like at some point they should have Richard/Pigeon reveal to Yung he's her father. I mean I doubt the whole dying thing will be brought up again but even like as a hook for a possible season 5 and said last second this should be addressed again. Especially as i kind of really don't like "oh character has obvious important secret from other character they're keeping mostly for their own selfish reason" though maybe based on the flashbacks for the first time ever Pigeon feels actually bad on how he treated Yung and doesn't want to deal how much he's disrespected his daughter for... like 3 and a half seasons. Plus at least the catch thing was sort of a nice way to end the episode.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
The Adult Swim thumbnail pretty much spoiled the twist also speaking of the twist the relationship between those two characters got a thousand percent more creepy.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Episode 4.14 - Let's Make a Deal
Synopsis: The Mike Tyson Mystery Team host the first episode of their podcast.

Episode 4.15 - Pilot Error
Synopsis: A look at the excitement that occurs when sexting.

Enjoy the double premiere tonight at midnight!

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I kinda guessed what would happen at the end of "Lets Make a Deal" but man "Pilot Error" through me in with a loop, good job Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I was fooled by Pigeon's sacrifice because of the revelation from last week. Should have remembered he had Deezy's wallet since the start of the episode.

Yeah, that scene after the credits. That was unexpected. Seemed like the typical Mike abruptly ending the case and walking away ending. But nope. lol.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Let's Make A Deal" - I do like how this episode really shows how the main cast doesn't really have like any sort of chemistry in terms of back and forth conversational humor with one another. Not to say that this show isn't funny but it's really less the back and forth and seeing how they react or go on long rants to themselves and how those are cut into the story where the humor is which doesn't really work for a podcast esque show. And unlike say Family Guy who also had that as a point of the episode but milked it to the point of it not being funny this series plays with it for a minute before getting to the real point and yeah it being a mystery that winds up ending with Mike dying. Have to say i was surprised they did that consideirng that though this show doesn't have the strongest of canons it's not a ATHF type of series where you can just off a main character and just have them come back next week. I also admit that yeah due to last week's reveal I thought Pigeon's sacrifice would mean something (especially note when he makes it) but I do like the twist with Deezy which to be fair the whole podcast thing was his idea so him paying the consequences kind of makes sense plus you know it's not an instant death but a 30 years later sort of thing. I also like the idea the others were willing to make the sacrifice and though kind of expected like the whole "Marcus doesn't count because he's already dead." And I admit the bit of Marcus calling Pigeon a homophobe and Pigeon coping to it asking since when has that been a problem was pretty funny, probably the best laugh in this one outside of the demon creature trying to set up the deals.

"Pilot Error" - Honestly this IMHO would of just been a bit too mean spirited and random and just felt sour for the sake of sour if not for the whole twist ending. I don't know if it's one of those sort of things that makes the most sense looking back (even if it would explain a bit of why the guy isn't getting that mad at the Mystery team for taking his phone and seeming making things worse though you could argue that just being a facet of this show) but it just feels better to have a "we did this so we could be together" kind of ending then an "oh look at the ironic tragedy befallen by these actions of people dying" kind of ending this show has done a lot of. Which worked in the past as yeah it was a subversion of having these kind of standard or more minor problems that you wouldn't typically find in this sort of animated mystery show (at least the ones this show is mocking) getting turned on their head but yeah you can only play that card so many times before it gets old. So them going in another direction with it does actually work. Not really that memorable an epiosde otherwise (as honestly the episodes that involve the team and their problems specificially or finding out about them usually work more then the ones focused on the people being helped) but hey one part that makes something better is worth commending as well.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Only one episode this week so the premieres can sync back up to even numbers. (EDIT: Also, no new episodes next week.)

Episode 4.16 - Shop 'Til You Drop
Synopsis: The team makes a trip to the grocery store.

Enjoy the premiere tonight at midnight!

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Oh. Didn't know they were airing repeats tonight. Guess they didn't want to compete with the Super Bowl.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
After taking a break last week, new episodes resume!

Episode 4.17 - Landon's End
Synopsis: A grieving father struggles to be present for his Beautiful Boy.

Episode 4.18 - The Stein Way
Synopsis: Mike attempts to assist his attorney when he turns to him for help.

Enjoy the double premiere tonight at midnight!

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Finally, it's the season finale!

Episode 4.19 - Clam Bam Thank You Ma'am
Synopsis: The Clam Shack is overshadowed by an unspeakable tragedy.

Episode 4.20 - You Can't Go Home Again
Synopsis: The sound of a bell causes a strange occurrence.

Enjoy the last two episodes of this season tonight at midnight!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pigeon kisses Marquess, Marquess almost becomes an angel, and Mike accidentally kills God which destroys Heaven all because he couldn't find a bathroom in time. Uh huh.

Nobodyman

Well, considering the last episode provided closure for Marquess and had Mike killing God, yeah, I'd say that was a pretty fitting conclusion.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts